JR

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
Julia is looking really good now on Gayle Hayman hour. Her hair looks really thick and healthy, and the bags under the eyes that she used to have seemed to have almost gone:happy:
I wonder what she has been using on her face:wonder:

just caught a few mins CTD but agree she looked good - I prefer her hair straight if she's going to keep it long - as to what she uses - I bet she's been reading my recommendations for Asda's nspa range!:tongue:

I love it CTD - they do the lot - and it's one thing I repeat purchase - you can get hot cloth cleanser, toning mist, facial oil, serum, day cream, night cream & eye cream for £35/£40. Also some shower/body products and last week I found a BB cream..something like £6 and it's great - really recommend the whole lot, have a look...

http://nspa.co.uk/product-range/beautyrituals/

Thank you Carol:bear: They look really good :happy: After I posted my query to you , I googled, they have a video also which is really explanatory , I cannot get the embed of the video to post it here but anyone interested can watch it here:
http://your.asda.com/news-and-blogs/n-spa-beauty-rituals-at-asda

We can just buy what we want, instead of being offered stuff we don't need in QVC's TSVs. Last night I ordered Elemis' TSV, even though I have lots of stuff to get through :sad:
How much is their day cream, Carol? Prices are not given(or I cannot see them)

£5/£6 I thing CTD...all very reasonably priced and well worth a try!
I will:bear: though, I wont buy any yet till I finish my Elemis (I have 3 lots to go through :eek: I had ordered 2x TSVs ...end of last year) I am not buying any more TSVs (how many times I have said that :sad: )I wanted to try the 2 new Elemis products........very expensive trial!!
I will go to Asda and have a nose around:happy:

I will:bear: though, I wont buy any yet till I finish my Elemis (I have 3 lots to go through :eek: I had ordered 2x TSVs ...end of last year) I am not buying any more TSVs (how many times I have said that :sad: )I wanted to try the 2 new Elemis products........very expensive trial!!
I will go to Asda and have a nose around:happy:[/QUOTE

The range is not Asda's own - it is my local spa range - where I am a member and going on Saturday!

http://nirvanaspa.co.uk/

All the prices are here:http://nirvanaspa.co.uk/shop/nspa/beauty-rituals

They are great here - you can try all the products in their little shop.

thanks for that sued - I didn't know that! prices pretty much the same as Asda, didn't check out what, if any, P & P tho...

I have been using Asda's own brand for some time I have mentioned it on here in the past. I would never buy the likes of Elemis etc. as IMO it is totally overpriced.

me neither BB..in the early days of watching Q Ali Y seduced me into trying the premium brands but that phase didn't last for too long! I discovered nspa last year sometime and tho I might try something else inbetween, I keep going back to it..what a discovery eh, that the dreaded High Street stuff doesn't actually fetch the skin off your face!

I tried all the "premium" brands on QVC back in the day when you could get a decent TSV for under £30. Never found a range that gave me results worth the cost of the products and I now refuse to spend £40 plus on a bag of 2 full size and 5 mini sized items.

Interesting that the nspa webpage directs customers to the German Mibellegroup.com. I wonder how many of the supposed "bespoke" brands we see at QVC and positioned as premium in supermarkets, among other places, are really just concocted by multinationals and given a spurious local or celebrity endorsement. (Often wondered if Judith Williams and Prai are like that.)

Saw a TV interview with a company that does development/manufacture/packaging/branding for cosmetics when I was in the States. Looks like loads of our ranges are basically someone buying an off-the-shelf portfolio package and tweaking the logo a bit. Seemed that you could just walk in with your cash and come out with an "expert" range of make-up. No experience needed.

Anyone got the goss on who is REALLY behind these brands on Q? Can't really see Laura mixing her artishan pots or Emma shaking her merrangas, let alone Luuu scientifically blending snake oil or Stace trimming her mascara brushes. Yep a couple of them may be good at painting on make-up or giving a facial massage but it doesn't mean they could concoct a market-stable pot of convincing gloop. Mmm. Intruiging....

Asda website showing some items are 2 for £8 at the mo. :nod:

If you hadn't posted that nicnac I wouldn't have looked today as I'm ok for things but I got the hot cloth cleanser and the BB balm for the £8 instead of (I think) £14, so ta muchly!

another Nspa fan here, it's excellent and the two for £8 offer is superb. Agree that the BB cream is very good, as is the hot cloth cleanser and the night cream. Have just bought a body scrub but have yet to use it. I have given up buying "preestigeous" skin care, way too expensive and the TSVs always seem to have tiddly little bits shoved in that I niether want not need. So it's that Devil's den of iniquity for me the Supermarket which as far as Q is concerned is even worse than the dreaded high street.

another Nspa fan here, it's excellent and the two for £8 offer is superb. Agree that the BB cream is very good, as is the hot cloth cleanser and the night cream. Have just bought a body scrub but have yet to use it. I have given up buying "preestigeous" skin care, way too expensive and the TSVs always seem to have tiddly little bits shoved in that I niether want not need. So it's that Devil's den of iniquity for me the Supermarket which as far as Q is concerned is even worse than the dreaded high street.
I am totally with you in this , silversequin, I was disappointed with some of the sizes of my Elemis I just received, when I think of the money I had spent( to be honest it was not the most expensive TSV I have ordered. I used to get them at the start thinking I was worth it, but now I am coming around in thinking that "costly" does not have to mean "best".
I must have been sick in the head, or brain washed by QVC, I don't understand why I ordered so many of them, I only stored them.....I do not wear make-up such as foundation or mascara but I have ordered so many TSV which have make-up removers and mascaras.I don't use eye products and usually give them away, now I think they are expensive to give away to friends.
I like the Elemis Pro radiance cream cleanser (I like the smell and the cleansing )and have quite a few of them, but if this Nirvana stuff is good, I wish I had heard of it before the last Elemis TSV.
I hope more readers would wake up from the hypnosis they are under in thinking that QVC TSVs are worth the money. I think most of us fall under the spell of " normally these will cost £XXX in their web, but we have got it for you for £XX" Or " these two alone will cost you £XXX if you buy them individually, but you get all the others thrown in for £X more"

How asily duped are so many of us..........don't get me wrong, if they work for you to reverse the signs of ageing, or they halt ageing, do pay the asking price or more for them, I would, happily too :happy:
BUT lets pause for a moment and think, if these products are so good in reversing wrinkles or stop wrinkles, they would not be so many of them out there.

Interesting that the nspa webpage directs customers to the German Mibellegroup.com. I wonder how many of the supposed "bespoke" brands we see at QVC and positioned as premium in supermarkets, among other places, are really just concocted by multinationals and given a spurious local or celebrity endorsement. (Often wondered if Judith Williams and Prai are like that.)

Saw a TV interview with a company that does development/manufacture/packaging/branding for cosmetics when I was in the States. Looks like loads of our ranges are basically someone buying an off-the-shelf portfolio package and tweaking the logo a bit. Seemed that you could just walk in with your cash and come out with an "expert" range of make-up. No experience needed.

Anyone got the goss on who is REALLY behind these brands on Q? Can't really see Laura mixing her artishan pots or Emma shaking her merrangas, let alone Luuu scientifically blending snake oil or Stace trimming her mascara brushes. Yep a couple of them may be good at painting on make-up or giving a facial massage but it doesn't mean they could concoct a market-stable pot of convincing gloop. Mmm. Intruiging....

This is very interesting qvchat, and it makes you think, as I often have, HOW DO THE LIKES OF LINDA LUSARDI and all those you mention, able to afford to bring out their own line of cosmetics/skin care. Realistically the manufacturing, advertising, packaging etc etc are humungously expensive, and they would barely be able to pay for a white coat, let alone concoct a scientifically engineered face product !!

So yes, there must be a pick and mix wholesale cosmetic warehouse that these hasbeens and wannabees attach their name to.

Latest posts

Back