Judith Williams The Private WebChat On BTY

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dignified silence? Maybe there's just nothing he could say that wouldn't be cited as empire building or bullying. Has anyone seen evidence of him abusing anyone on here? Then report it.

Many of us just want to read and post about the good, the bad and the ugly on shopping channels. If I wanted to hear the minutiae of facebook I'd be over there. How did this daft pastime become so politicised? :mysmilie_1:
Anyone with a perceived grievance on Facebook or Twitter should seek a remedy over there as there's certainly no action that Graham and Sazza can take until there's rule breaking here. Feel aggrieved and want to tell tales over here to get your own back? I don't see that it's the solution.

Lets put away our pitch forks and have a laugh at someone on telly who takes themselves far too seriously :mysmilie_3:

I received and saw evidence. And I reported it. Appropriate action was taken. Everything Vienna posted is true.

Dignified silence? Maybe there's just nothing he could say that wouldn't be cited as empire building or bullying. Has anyone seen evidence of him abusing anyone on here? Then report it.

Many of us just want to read and post about the good, the bad and the ugly on shopping channels. If I wanted to hear the minutiae of facebook I'd be over there. How did this daft pastime become so politicised? :mysmilie_1:
Anyone with a perceived grievance on Facebook or Twitter should seek a remedy over there as there's certainly no action that Graham and Sazza can take until there's rule breaking here. Feel aggrieved and want to tell tales over here to get your own back? I don't see that it's the solution.

Lets put away our pitch forks and have a laugh at someone on telly who takes themselves far too seriously :mysmilie_3:

Actually that's wrong , he was sending people msgs about me on FB , telling people I had said stuff about his mother and the things I had said were so hurtful he couldn't talk about them as it upset him to much.Thankfully someone screen shot these msgs and sent them to me , I passed them onto Sazza and graham and he was banned from here for 2weeks.

I thought that was months ago Autumn? October 2014 - he wasn't here for BCC night I remember?

I thought that was months ago Autumn? October 2014 - he wasn't here for BCC night I remember?

Yes that's correct . I was just correcting you when you said " there's no action graham or Sazza can do until there's rule breaking here" .

Facebook is a huge part of the internet these day and no-one can change that and as such it is bound to get mentioned on forums like this one. Facebook does create a lot of issues and one huge issue is admins of groups/pages being full of their own importance, this is an issue within a huge number of groups/pages, it is not even just shopping group/pages, it is across the board, I personally have got so fed up of some and left them!

Let us not forget that a lot of the issues that have been mentioned on this thread stem from QVC's chopping and changing of their rules as to what is and isn't allowed on their page and I don't doubt these rules will continue to chop and change! Until QVC start using their FB page properly and cease allowing groups like BTY which are not affiliated to QVC to preview TSV's, host chats with brand ambassadors etc.....then the complaints on the QVC page will continue.

As for other groups whether created by members of this forum or not, everyone is free to have groups or join groups and I would hope that all people would behave in the manner that they should but no-one owns item numbers, details etc..... everyone is free to post items on this forum.

I would also remind people that personal attacks on fellow forum members are not appropriate but if people behave properly then there is less chance of people feeling the need to attack others.

Please can we have this thread go back on topic. I am loathed to close or delete this thread as the original topic is very important, Q really need to sort out their FB page and get things that should be done on there off groups that are not affiliated to Q, if they sort that lots of issues would be sorted!!!

As I said yesterday Q keep chopping and changing their rules and they have done once again since yesterday, they really need to make their minds up!

It would be nice to think that brands would be jeopardising their lucrative presence on QVC by not holding their webchats on QVC's own sites... but most of the alienating is being done by QVC, with what Sazza has accurately described as their chopping and changing of their rules. It's not surprising that the affiliated (however loosely) sites take advantage of that, and offer a less challenging environment in which to do a chat.

The best we can hope for is that QVC get their act together about Facebook and their other social media; they employ their own admins to manage the site, with clear and equitable rules... and that they employ their own moderators, again with clear groundrules, for any discussions and webchats. I know I'm dreaming, and this will likely never come to pass. What will continue to happen is QVC not having the appetite (the energy, the knowledge or the skills) to run things properly so there is no vacuum which can be usurped by other groups.

I'd quite like to get an idea of how many brands are going exclusively onto Back to You to do webchats... The ones who do both QVC and BTY, at least they are giving everyone a fair chance to get involved. But why would you actively seek out a small group rather than try to broaden your appeal to a larger group?

Surely remarks made on FB should be dealt with by their moderators. I can't see how it's anything to do with the powers that be on here.

This all seems very distasteful reading these comments! QVC should not have let this happen and even put a stop to it for all its loyal customers! Shame :mysmilie_1:

Surely remarks made on FB should be dealt with by their moderators. I can't see how it's anything to do with the powers that be on here.

There was more than one incident. I received a PM on this forum, I think it may have even pre-dated my joining Facebook. The point is that SCW was using both facebook and this forum to PM about another forum member, so it was a pattern of behaviour not exclusive to Facebook. Just thought I would clear that up, I want this thread to stay on topic.

Why?

Having just spent what feels like a lifetime reading this thread I cannot believe that this has been allowed to continue for this long.

Its a shopping channel, why on earth are people so upset about something that in the grand scheme of things is so trivial and why the witch hunt? Half of the comments here relate to perceived slights or things that happened forever ago; life moves on, things change and if you dont like it, dont watch, dont comment or just leave!!

Which is what I am going to do.

I thought I was joining a grown up discussion about shopping and the things we share about Q but the playground name calling and digs do nothing for any of you or for this group - it just makes me (and my friends) feel incredibly uncomfortable that such bullying is allowed on a public forum. To be honest the atmosphere here is becoming as bitchy and toxic as all the FB and BTY groups you all complain about.

I agree that the premis behind this thread was valid - brands should NOT be allowed to promote their products on a private, closed group without at least offering the same chance to others not allowed to be a part of said group but banging on about it for 19 pages with most of the attacks against one or two people (who haven't responded I note) is, in my opinion, childish in the extreme.

I have no doubt that this will promote more attacks, digs and calls for "why dont you just leave then" but I dont care. I have seen enough of what this group has become and how the most commented posts are always the ones that make someone (a forumite, a customer, a presenter) look or appear bad and no longer wish to be a part of such a group. I grew out of such behaviour a long time ago and I am just surprised that some of the members here still think that it is acceptable - even behind the safety of their computer screen.

It is alarming how many wannabe moderators appear on this ST forum.....lol

Always a shame to read of someone leaving but I can understand why. All I want to do is chat about shopping channel stuff I want to buy or have a laugh about stuff I would have given. The past couple of years have seen the chatter on here move away from QVC towards factions trying to score points. The moderators here shouldn't be required to adjudicate on matter which happened elsewhere (which isn't me denying things haven't happened elsewhere). Stuff that happened (elsewhere) 16 months ago and which was adjudicated on and punishment meted out here, should probably be left in the past.

I'm going to lie down in a dark room for a few weeks and hope normal trivia is resumed.

Surely remarks made on FB should be dealt with by their moderators . . . . .

Sounds simple doesn't it? Unless the person posting the tirade of abuse and threats to the page for everyone to read IS the group moderator, who blocks the target of the tirade so they can read it but can't respond.

FB doesn't have their own moderators in the sense you mean. With 1.59 billion active members FB is waaay too big to have moderators at the page or group level. You can report a post or a member to FB, but it can take weeks to get a response from them, if you get one at all. The billionaires in Silicon Valley couldn't give a toss what any member does unless it's illegal or libellous i.e. it might cost them money if the page or person is not removed.

I thought about leaving but decided I like the trivial chat too much. People makes mistakes and most learn, so no point in raking up the old stuff again and again. Sounds like punishment was meted out at the time and forgiveness is due from hurt parties. Now what was this thread about originally?

Last edited:
He reminds me of Del Boy (not the QVC one the real one) standing at the bottom of Nelson Mandela House singing "One Voice" while the two blocks of flats are fighting between themselves, he causes a riot but just carries on singing.

What he did was totally unacceptable and he could be doing it to any forum member in my opinion, that's why he should be held accountable. If you can't say it openly then don't say behind someones back, this forum has great moderators who do their job well, so can the judgemental and self righteous let them do it.

I thought about leaving but decided I like the trivial chat too much. People makes mistakes and most learn, so no point in raking up the old stuff again and again. Sounds like punishment was meted out at the time and forgiveness is due from hurt parties. Now what was this thread about originally?

No idea.... :mysmilie_17:

As far as I'm aware only one incident was in the past. Everything I have referred to is very recent and, indeed, the offending behaviour is still continuing. As for "forgiveness" - most people would expect to see some remorse before that would be considered.

. . . . The past couple of years have seen the chatter on here move away from QVC towards factions trying to score points. . . . . .

I hope it is quite clear that I don't belong to any "faction". I have no allegiance with any other members and I have no interest in points scoring. I make my comments independently according to my own personal opinions and beliefs, and frequently post in agreement with people on one thread while disagreeing with the same people on another thread. What I will not do is allow someone to treat me as though I'm something they've just stepped in, hence my posts on this thread.

. . . . . the moderators here shouldn't be required to adjudicate on matter which happened elsewhere . . . .

As has been made quite clear, they were not adjudicating on something that happened elsewhere. What they adjudicated on happened here on this forum as well as on FB, so was completely within their remit.

(What does "Judge Rinder" mean?)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back