Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

she's more than likely tiny in real life. i see quite a few models and met some of the presenters at the beauty bash. and they all look far far better in real life. the models that are super thin still look slim but a lot taller. alison keenan is a case in point. very very tiny but she's that thin she does not look that much bigger in real life if at all. alison young is minuscule and i afraid to say this so is debbie flint :mysmilie_11:

I would like to 'like this post' (which I do), but the part about DF being slimmer in real life warrants this instead of 'like' (if that makes any sense at all), I know telly puts weight on people, but she states that she is a 12/14, so I would have thought that the TV was fairly accurate, guess I need a new TV/Laptop, now where can I buy one from anyone got any suggestions?:mysmilie_13:

So if TV makes people look bigger, that means JR her boobs aren't big at all? ;-) lol

If television makes people look bigger then what does Jill Franks look like in real life?

I accept people do look larger on television but quite often JR will be with a guest who looks several sizes smaller than her so JR cannot possibly be a small.

Sorry maybe its me, but she's just said I don't mind showing you that picture (selfie) cause I think that's a really lovely picture.

:mysmilie_486:

I agree that the TV does put pounds on people, so all QVC presenters would look smaller in real life.

In terms of Julia's weight etc, I believe she said she is 5ft4.5, size 10-12 and she said her bra size is 34F. Having bigger boobs, doesn't help her tummy, but I actually think that her ego and self importance massively impacts her clothing. Choosing the tighter and low cut clothes to try and look younger, be flirty etc. In fact I actually don't think she has very big boobs, she just wears clothes too small to emphasie them, which makes hr tummy look bigger etc. In fact, given that TV adds pounds to you, and when she stands with the model Debborah Ann, who has a GG cup, Julia looks much, much smaller. Maybe it is like the size small issue she has and she says she is an F cup but probably more a D cup. Again to try and make her more 'irresistable' and fit a stereoptype she looks up to. She does have great arms though. Such a shame she has this issue around being the centre of attention. Her selfie pose for Laura Gellar make up was ridiculous, type of pose a teenager would do.

I actually think that, maybe due to medication, but she has aged alot of ther past couple of years and does look her age. She never did and I think passed for a woman alot younger. In fact, I think she looks like Judy Finnegan, in that the agein process has kicked in, like with Judy and they both look smaller and more weighter.

Julia does need to accept this and with looser fitting clothes could look alot better.

I put on QVC for 4pm show and Julia was on....short white skirt, deliberately low cut top showing her wrinkled cleveage, flicking her hair etc...Who does she think she is kidding...She will never learn.

Whether she is ultra petite or not in real life she has, recently, on telly developed a big belly. It's nothing to do with her bust size but a change in her overall shape.

I hadn't seen her for a while till I watched her on the Laura Geller show this weekend.
I think she does look her age. She's obviously trying hard to look younger, especially with her clothes & hair, which I do think is a bit too long & too dark now so doing her no favours. I just thought, if you imagined her with short grey hair rather than the long flowing locks, then she does look her age.

I hadn't seen her for a while till I watched her on the Laura Geller show this weekend.
I think she does look her age. She's obviously trying hard to look younger, especially with her clothes & hair, which I do think is a bit too long & too dark now so doing her no favours. I just thought, if you imagined her with short grey hair rather than the long flowing locks, then she does look her age.

I completely agree with you. Her flowing dyed locks are now her only saving grace from giving away her age. Do feel for her because pre her illness, she did not look her age and had a good figure and I must admit a nice cleavage. Now her body has completely changed from 5 or so years ago, with a smaller bust, creeping of her neck etc and now this big belly. In some ways you have to give it her, she is 20 years older than the likes of chuntley but still trys to compete for male attention with her. If she only wore better fitting clothes and hada haircut, she would look better. Imagine what chuntley will be like when she is a 61 year old presenter with all her poses!!

Julia is still a good looking woman and her skin and hair have stood her in good stead up to now but perhaps a change wouldn't go amiss.

No matter what or why she is now the size she is so should stop looking at the size label (SMALL) and wear what fits, just because you can actually squeeze into it doesn't mean it is the correct size.

She has plenty of access to a vast range of clothes and stylists outside Q, unlike those of us in backward country towns, and I assume the income to do so, so for goodness sake get someone to do a makeover. Surely no one stays with the same hairstyle, colour, clothes for the past 15 years?

Looking at the wider picture, I think the main problem with Q UK is that professionalism and consistency are not evident. If these were both applied to the UK business (as they obviously are to the US one) and reinforced in both the sales and customer service areas, then Q UK would just be so much better. Presenters would be well-groomed (as opposed to stuff into too small clothes and wearing dodgy shoes etc etc) and prepared for shows, there would be minimal talking over guest presenters and customer service would actually be that, vs 'let's see how much we can get away with before people complain'.

Q UK right now is all about sales at any cost, they don't seem to want to play the long game.

qvc us is much slicker than qvc uk . the presenters are friendlier and more informative plus they sell more variety than in the uk

Most of us become more rounded as we get older and we start to realise what suited us in our 40`s no longer looks good in our 60`s and we have to adjust to buying different styles and sizes. I realise JR and the other presenters frequently have to wear a clothing tsv whether it suits them or not and so the least they can do is opt for the correct size and not make a bad job worse by squashing into a small.
Julia is now in her 60`s and she`s the most experienced female presenter so fully aware how unkind the camera can be. Consequently I can`t understand on the occasions she has a free choice why she wears clothes which are either too tight, too short, emphasize the wrong bits or simply don`t suit her ?
With her wealth of experience she should be the smartest best dressed presenter they have but sadly she sometimes looks the worst.

Personally, I've yet to see her in an outfit that does her any favours. Every time I've switched on when she's presenting either the whole outfit is noticeably too tight, or part of the outfit is straining at the seems, so I'm yet to see her in a whole outfit that is the right size. She's a silly lady, because the camera is unforgiving and she would look much better if she chose the right size.

Oh dear oh dear. Someone posted/tweeted that her show was all over the place. miss Julia was NOT pleased (even though she read it out) and said it wasn't her fault, also she wasn't well and we should be lucky she even bothered to come in.

How many of us plough though a day's work when we are under the weather (and not going to have 5 days off).

Oh dear oh dear. Someone posted/tweeted that her show was all over the place. miss Julia was NOT pleased (even though she read it out) and said it wasn't her fault, also she wasn't well and we should be lucky she even bothered to come in.

How many of us plough though a day's work when we are under the weather (and not going to have 5 days off).

Oh dear ...difficult not to bite but a dignified silence and ignoring that comment would have been possibly more effective ...now playing into the hands of people who want to tick her off ..I've kept a dignified silence when slagged off on Fb ( why I came away ) ....it's the best way for me anyway ...silence can speak volumes

Queen Julia, in no uncertain terms, will let everyone know when it's not her fault, oh doesn't she just. :mysmilie_17: even at the expense of embarrassing others because there's no way on this earth she'd ever want anyone thinking she's the incompetent one. To be honest, I always feel that she reads the odd negative Tweet/FB comment out on air more to embarrass the Tweeter/Facebooker than for any other reason, she does love her put downs and sarcasm does Queen Julia.

I agree with you molly, she looks odd to say the least. There are many things I like about JR & I think she's a trooper to carry on as resolutely as she does when experiencing unpleasant side effects from the medication she has to take. However, & it's a BIG however, I hate the way she schmoozes the thoroughly detestable Basso - consider yourself an animal lover Julia, I think not.

Latest posts

Back