Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry - just not interested in any of their private lives. Anyone who likes to go public about personal stuff has the responsibility for attracting whatever flak comes their way, and the way of their families, too. Why would you?

I’ve never understood why anyone displays their life online to the general public. They should have least use the option of a private setting. I know nothing about FB, X, Instagram etc but I assume you can choose not to let the world and his wife see what you’re doing.

Nor do I. At least she hasn’t gone on about being a granny now, as far as I know, unlike another presenter does.
This reminds me of how much I don't miss Alison Keenan. It felt at one point that she had to mention that ****** Honey grandchild about 18 times a minute.

How funny, I was just thinking about Alison Keenan today and regretting her absence. She did gabble at dizzying speed but I liked her. She was easy on the eye, well turned out and pleasant. Most of the presenters are marmite but I was fine with Alison.

Well I feel sorry for Julia, she says that her granddaughter was born in May but her son is no longer with the mother and she only met her for the first time in October, must be heartbreaking 😔
Yes it is. People go through all sorts of heartbreaking family traumas but they don't splash it on social media. It can't be easy for her family and I would naturally support and sympathise with people I know in similar situations but I watch QVC for the odd bargain, not to find out about lives that don't impact on me. If this comes across as cold and hard, so be it, but I don't mention my family traumas on social media and nor do a lot of people here. She's paid to do a job, after all, and that is sell.

Family problems should, imo, stay with the family and certainly not be aired on social media. I've read many sad stories on Facebook groups - two-timing husbands, grown children taking and not returning money, gory details of illnesses/accidents, etc. But, surprisingly, these same people crop up later, and they are perfectly fine, with no mention of their hardship. Were they simply seeking attention? Many of them get tens of sympathetic responses and suggestions. How was this story about Julia's grandchild leaked, I wonder? Did she bring it up herself? She made a mistake if she did, imo. Limit details of your private with close family and friends.

Family problems should, imo, stay with the family and certainly not be aired on social media. I've read many sad stories on Facebook groups - two-timing husbands, grown children taking and not returning money, gory details of illnesses/accidents, etc. But, surprisingly, these same people crop up later, and they are perfectly fine, with no mention of their hardship. Were they simply seeking attention? Many of them get tens of sympathetic responses and suggestions. How was this story about Julia's grandchild leaked, I wonder? Did she bring it up herself? She made a mistake if she did, imo. Limit details of your private with close family and friends.
Julia mentioned it on her blog on her website

Julia mentioned it on her blog on her website
Julia may consider her followers as friends of her family. Some of these people probably admire her and are happy to hear details of her 'charming' life and also commiserate with her when she has upheavals. But, as many of us know, there are 'false friends' everywhere. She does a good job as a presenter on QVC, even if sometimes, she's a bit arrogant. I wish her the best of British luck.

I think we objectors who keep ourselves to ourselves are in the minority. The pull of social media seems irresistible. If you have any sort of public profile then you keep it going at any cost and if you aren’t recognised then you do or say anything to draw attention to yourself. I wonder if Julia hoped to send a message to the mother of her grandchild rather than the world at large. It’s a shame for the baby that her parents threw in the towel so quickly. Relationships need work to grow and last.

It was in her blog on her own website where she promotes her books. She gives a round-up of her year and mentions meeting her granddaughter briefly. I actually like to hear a bit about people's lives, a lot more interesting than the sizing on a MarlaWynne shirt. They spend hours at a time on screen - if you spent any amount of time chatting to a shop assistant you saw regularly you would soon know their life history too.

Latest posts

Back