Just how many skincare TSVs do they expect us to buy?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love A'kin

QualityVariesConsiderably
Philosophy today, Judith opera Wotsit last week, Elemis next week and Gatineau the week after. Prai the week after that. Then Gale Hayman and Prescriptives - which are likely to be a mix of make up and skincare.

We must be due a Liz Earle one next! :grin:

No A'kin one slated yet though? ;)

Is it always like this or have we just hit the skincare bottleneck of the year?

No wonder we've all got stockpiles if there's a couple every month and each one is meant to last a couple of months! :eek:

all of them thats what qvc is all about....

Well...Yeah. Quite. :D

But they don't even differentiate as much as they used to. Now everything is sold to everybody of all ages and skin types. I haven't even heard AY says "If you're under 30 / have oily skin / like a very simple routine etc don't buy it" lately. :(

It literally is getting beyond a joke now isn't it? :wink2:

Maybe they're all to keep gobby in a job...............:tongue2:

Yep, all of them, stock pile them. Unopened they'll last to the next millenium, they're all terrific value, regardless of whether they suit your skin. Give the bit's you don't like to your mother, daughter, sister, teachers, neighbours and uncle Tom Cobbley n'all. You have £'s scattered around hidey holes in your home and we'll have the actually cash in our bank account. Thank you very much. :flower:

That said I may go for the Prescriptives *grins*

Last edited:
Well they are a SHOPPING channel and have to sell a variety of products or else people would complain there is no choice.Do you just see 1 or 2 brands in the shops?

Bit like in winter every tsv is a coat and every NN tsv is a high thread count set.

I love my NN but theres only so much bedding that I need/am prepared to buy.I only really need one coat for the season ,maybe two.

I do wish there was a bit more variety on the tsv front.

Not interested in the Philosophy, Gatineau, Elemis or Prai but the Prescriptives thats potentially a whole different ballgame, providing QVC dont try to bulk it up with crappy trial sizes :jump::jump::jump:

Well...Yeah. Quite. :D

But they don't even differentiate as much as they used to. Now everything is sold to everybody of all ages and skin types. I haven't even heard AY says "If you're under 30 / have oily skin / like a very simple routine etc don't buy it" lately. :(

To be fair AY did say at midnight don't get TSV if you have oily skin. TSV works great for me as friend only uses hope in a jar (she's oily) and I only use when hope is not enough (prefer the texture) so we are swapping to get 2 of each and then we are both happy!

Actually tempted by this one as I use Philosophy and love the When Hope is not Enough cream and will need a new one soon at nearly the same price as the TSV itself. Also use the serum and would love to try the new serum in the blue bottle. Got a stockpile of the Hope in a Jar though, will have to lather it on a bit more I guess. A lot of the other skincare doesn't interest me but other people are devoted to different ranges. TSV's generally not very exciting these days I think.

the tsv's are really pushed as the bargain of the day. but its not a bargain if you wont use it or your stockplie is so huge that it will take many years for it to go down. and the use by dates are long since gone lol
wait for it as in a few weeks it will be on easy pays or intro price anyway.

i wait until i actually need something when it comes to skincare anyway...
but i am a sucker for a l'occitane tsv and my stockplie of that is growing again ooppps!

To be fair AY did say at midnight don't get TSV if you have oily skin. TSV works great for me as friend only uses hope in a jar (she's oily) and I only use when hope is not enough (prefer the texture) so we are swapping to get 2 of each and then we are both happy!

Oh, right. I have oily skin and was wavering. I use the HIAJ, but hadn't tried the night cream. Has anyone used it on oily skin, or should I take AY's word for it?

but i am a sucker for a l'occitane tsv and my stockplie of that is growing again ooppps!

Same here but in August all I have bought is the L'Occitane AD and some stamps that I had ordered on waitlist and forgotten about, so that's a big improvement compared to recent times.

You forgot about beauty day on 18th September :D
It was like this in June as well but I suppose they have to appeal to a wide variety of audience and you dont have to buy them all :LOL:
I am interested to see what is in the Prescriptives one but definately dont want the gale hayman one, didnt buy the Judith W or the SBC one and wont be buying the philosophy.
I am really hooked on LE and trying to give up the other ranges so shouldnt have to worry till Ocotber :giggle:

skincare

Philosophy today, Judith opera Wotsit last week, Elemis next week and Gatineau the week after. Prai the week after that. Then Gale Hayman and Prescriptives - which are likely to be a mix of make up and skincare.

We must be due a Liz Earle one next! :grin:

No A'kin one slated yet though? ;)

Is it always like this or have we just hit the skincare bottleneck of the year?

No wonder we've all got stockpiles if there's a couple every month and each one is meant to last a couple of months! :eek:

Your so right, I think I have tried every skincare they flog, and I still look like Barbara Cartland! O well time to write another novel.:thinking2:

So far this year I've bought the Elemis tri enzyme one. I may buy the Prescriptives one but with the stockpile of L'Occitane I doubt I'll go for that one now.

I would defo go for a Liz Earle Superskin TSV to try the range, QVC take note please!

The superskin moisturiser was in the TSV in February Jabba.

I requested that they put a full size superskin concentrate in a TSV but they said that it would make the TSV too expensive
so I suggested they put the roller ball in so fingers crossed

Latest posts

Back