Just tried my first pair of Diane Gilman jeans

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
I have been after a pair of grey jeans like Chloe wears so ordered a grey pair of Diane Gilman's. Great price, great fit (in my usual size, lol) in fact I could have got away with a size smaller. The diamante detail on the back pocket is very subtle- not bling at all. I went for a boot cut style rather than skinny (I still can't see an hourglass shape fitting in skinny) and I am very impressed. Assuming they wash and wear well I would buy from her range again. They look very modern too.

I bought a pair of the last TSV to try them and would certainly buy more. For years I have been buying men's jeans since I have lived here as I couldn't get a jean with a long enough leg or get stretch ones.

They are comfortable and slimming - I thoroughly recommend them.

I'm curvy and the DG skinny jeans are great on me because there's a big enough difference between the hip and waist measurements so that I don't get that annoying gaping at the back of the waistband. I've just returned the grey pair of the last TSV because I could only order the size 12S and I had to keep hoisting them up back on to my waist. I'm a high street 14 but I buy the DG jeans in a size 10 short and it's great to buy colours other than plain old blue denim in a fitting that doesn't need shortening. Being short the narrow legs look better on me than her boot cuts, although I have a pair of M&S boot cuts from about 12 years ago which I still love; the cut is different to the DG bootcuts but I can't quite explain why!

I'm a tad under 6 ft and I bought some recently that were supposed to be 32" long but when they arrived they were 31.5 and as they were slightly flared they were just too short. I'm having a lot more luck with m&s long legs though the waists are a !little baggy.

I have a pair from a much earlier TSV & they have worn & washed really well. They have diamanté on the button.
I'm a 14 high street & short of leg. I ordered 14 short but if I buy more I'll get a smaller size as they're very roomy but look ok being stretch & are comfy.

It must be just me, then. I bought two pairs a couple of years ago and had to return them because they definitely weren't true to size. I recently bought a cheap pair from Boyes (again) which has the label cut out, so they were obviously designer jeans of some kind and fit me perfectly. I don't wear jeans all the time so one pair does me.

I love the Diane Gilman jeans. I, too, am a curvy hourglass (and a very generous one at that with a high waist, short body and long legs!) and, while i love the bootcut, I find the skinny jeans a perfect fit! My waist is two sizes smaller than my hips, so with the stretch, I can buy a pair to fit my waist that will happily stretch over my hips. No more annoying red lines engraved into my legs where the seams are. No more air being squeezed from my diaphragm when I bend over to pick up the cat. No more clothing that turns to cardboard when I step out into the icy weather. They look expensive, they are stylish and, because they fit properly, they look like they suit me. And I'm quite fashion-concious too. I can team them with my high street stuff from places like Top Shop and New Look and they really don't look like an 'old fogey' is wearing them!

Thanks for all the replies so far. I am a genuine hourglass size 14-16 although I do have some of my older clothes in my wardrobe in size 12-14. My waist is much smaller than my hips, which are balanced by my chest and shoulders. I have heavier thighs but slim calves, ankles, and wrists and long slender arms but a 30 inch inside leg. I am 5'5". I may try a skinny pair of jeans given the comments you have made. I am pessimistic but always have the MBG :)

Once you hit on a DG style that suits you, have a trawl on ebay every so often, there are usually loads from the QVC outlet shops (ebayers in Warrington and Shrewsbury areas) so I've manage to pick up the same item number but in other colours a couple of times for great prices. They so often use photos pinched from QVC (or quote the items number) in the listing that it's cheap way to buy more (as long as you don't mind buying returns).

Thanks Jude. Will do.By the way there is a a Diane Gilman TSV on Monday.Bet you it's jeans!

Superstretch jeggings

Thanks Jude. Will do.By the way there is a a Diane Gilman TSV on Monday.Bet you it's jeans!

Hi :hi: Will Gowling did a promo video clip with DG and the TSV is 5 pocket superstretch bootcut jeggings. She was showing an indigo pair and wearing a black pair by the look of it, but there were no other details given about available colours or whether there would be more than one leg length. She did say it would be at a price to tempt us to try them. I wonder if anyone has any more details on this item - I am not sure I can stay awake until midnight, but I might try to if the price is truly tempting as I have quite a few pairs of DG jeans and jeggings and really like them.
:wink:

Not sure I'll be tempted by jeggings; I bought 2 pairs from Ideal World when Whatters was still there (about 10 years ago); a black and a blue denim look and they're still going strong! I can't imagine ever finding replacements (although they're no where near worn out yet!).

But you know me: never say never! I may still find myself ordering if they look good and don't look too gathered at the waist.

I bought a pair of black Diane Gilman jeans, brand new with tags still in situ, from Shrewsbury Outlet and they are fab. In fact, I intend to buy them again in another colour and would happily pay full QVC price as they are such a great fit.

DG jeans are not true to size in my opinion. Go down a size as they are cut very generously.

Hmmm do I go for the TSV? Not sure. They might be too long even at 29". I've got the mushroom (not really a mushroom is it?) in my basket and will go for a cuppa and try to talk myself out of it.

If I do order them (and you know I am weak and probably will!) they will go back if they're too flappy at the ankles.

Just another observation: the models look as though their jeans are too short with high heels; they'd look better with boots or flatter shoes if they're too short on them so that we don't see so much foot and ankle as they walk. The two taller ones look as though they'r wearing the short flares they used to wear on Star Trek!

Remember in the late 60s and 70s we used to have flares covering our shoes almost skimming the floor (getting worn out, wet and grubby)

I've just ordered the Mushroom colour and also the Grey on 111197. I have the latter in the Burgundy and they are so comfortable I couldn't resist the TSV.

I remember the flares well, plus we use to cut open the side seam and insert a different patterned fabric to make them even wider, as per Bay City Rollers - remember them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUwW108ITzw

I've just ordered the Mushroom colour and also the Grey on 111197. I have the latter in the Burgundy and they are so comfortable I couldn't resist the TSV.

I remember the flares well, plus we use to cut open the side seam and insert a different patterned fabric to make them even wider, as per Bay City Rollers - remember them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUwW108ITzw

Those are the grey ones I got holmca. I am wearing them now. I really like them, but I agree buy a size down as mine are a little on the large side. I will keep them though as I reckon they will shrink in the wash.

I didn't go for the TSV but got the special price jeggings with 5 pockets-also in grey.

Bye Bye Baby was my first ever single. I was 2, bopping to it in front of the telly with tartan trousers my mum had made for me.

I fell for the TSV and received them today and they are really nice also ordered the skinny cargo Jeggings and they are lovely and look fab with boots so i am surprised i like both pairs.

Much to my surprise I received my Mushroom TSV yesterday - record time! I had also ordered them in Indigo on waitlist, mainly so I had the opportunity to get them at the lower price, or I could cancel them if I didn't like the mushroom ones. They are so comfortable and slimming, and I am very pleased that I ordered them.

I have seen on line that they come in different colours, so I hope that QVC stock them for the Summer - I will certainly be buying some more.

How did anyone else find them?

Latest posts

Back