Karcher guru, Derek, on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MIKE040249

Registered Shopper
It was only a few months ago that Ideal World bade a tearful (the presenters were in tears, not him) farewell to Derek, the Karcher man.

This morning, he has popped up on Richard Jackson´s garden show on QVC flogging a similar product by Greenworks.

There is also the chap - (ex Bid tv - who has put on loads of weight) who is the new guru of Dyson !

That would be the quite appalling Steve MacDonald who usually looks like he's been sleeping in a hedgerow. That he's now a supposed 'expert' in home cleaning takes the biscuit.

When he was on Bid he was supposedly something of an Art Expert. QVC and Dyson must be hard up :mysmilie_59:

That would be the quite appalling Steve MacDonald who usually looks like he's been sleeping in a hedgerow. That he's now a supposed 'expert' in home cleaning takes the biscuit.

When he was on Bid he was supposedly something of an Art Expert. QVC and Dyson must be hard up :mysmilie_59:

Dyson is quite selective, when it comes to appointing Dyson reps - we have one in store - who are sent on training courses. I am surprised Dyson has allowed QVC to have this guy who, to many (not me), is a recognisable shopping tv presenter. The engineer/designer who used to guest, and the lady who presents with the fan/heater range, are both official Dyson employees, and do add credulity and authenticity to the brand.
This Steve McDonald guy is just another shopping telly 'face', and knows nothing about the product, other than what the Q has passed on to him. I buy all my Dyson products from work; he certainly does not make me confident enough to shop with QVC.

Dyson is quite selective, when it comes to appointing Dyson reps - we have one in store - who are sent on training courses. I am surprised Dyson has allowed QVC to have this guy who, to many (not me), is a recognisable shopping tv presenter. The engineer/designer who used to guest, and the lady who presents with the fan/heater range, are both official Dyson employees, and do add credulity and authenticity to the brand.
This Steve McDonald guy is just another shopping telly 'face', and knows nothing about the product, other than what the Q has passed on to him. I buy all my Dyson products from work; he certainly does not make me confident enough to shop with QVC.

When they do the fan, they do have an official Dyson employee - Joe. He's a bit like an enthusiastic puppy, but I still like him. Steve McDonald is a just a generic presenter, but he still knows the product better than Phil Parker who originally launched the Dyson fluffy... PP was so clueless for the fluffy, it was embarrassing. Perhaps Dyson agreed simply because they couldn't spare employees for as many TSV appearances as they now have scheduled?

I'm sorry but I didn't like Derek at all. he equals Jason Vale an Richard Jackson in the "lack of likeability" stakes. He kept barking as though he were exasperatedly addressing an infirm, slightly deaf relative. Of course his machine is going to blast through a mixture of dirt and petroleum jelly.

i louise i bought my cooker from currys excellent service better than buying at john lewis

Latest posts

Back