Kim & Co- not bad at all!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

K

Kat73

Guest Shopper
Well after flogging years of unwanted stuff on ebay, make do and mending, throwing away with the aid of a skip and losing 2 years of baby weight after having 2 babies in as many years, I thought I would buy myself some new clothes for summer, which should include tops I could also wear with a trouser suit at work. Factor in that I HATE shopping unless its online and avoid changing rooms like the plague. I love QVC for beauty and toilettries, handbags and honora pearls. Apart from a centigrade coat that comes out each winter, I have never bought fashion from QVC, and after reading the threads on here I was very reluctant to do so. But I watched Kim and co over the last couple of days, and thought I would give it a go. I dont get all precious about fabrics, as long as the clothes fit me properly and are comfy and last and last. I dont "do" ironing, and since having babies my washing machine is having a nervous breakdown! I love a splash of colour but also like subtle neutrals and classy navy for work. I am 39 but thanks to good genes, good skincare and good quality make up I look about 30, I am told. I have blonde hair, and a slim but curvy (if you see what I mean) figure. I like natural but polished look with clothes with some class and quality about them. No TOWIE in my wardrobe!

I have to say that I totally disagree about the negative comments about Kim and Co from what I have seen so far. I have the perfect pansies dress, the navy and white leafy batik dress and the same print in the brown and white top with sleeves. I am waiting for a yellow top to arrive. The fabric is lovely, just the right amount of weight to them, cut and designed very well and as I suspected the prints are gorgeous. I definitely cant see an old lady wearing ANY if what I ordered. The effect the dresses had on my husband when I tried them ob was WOW, and probably not mentionable on here! The navy and white dress is perfect for work, as is the same print in the brown. Yes its a bit higher priced than some, but comparing the quality of the dress against an M and S one I have, there is no contest. AND the clothes are designed and sewn in Canada, a refreshing change. I guess the clothes would be cheaper if they had been made in China. I cannot speak for other QVC fashion but Kim and Co gets the thumbs up from me.

Well after flogging years of unwanted stuff on ebay, make do and mending, throwing away with the aid of a skip and losing 2 years of baby weight after having 2 babies in as many years, I thought I would buy myself some new clothes for summer, which should include tops I could also wear with a trouser suit at work. Factor in that I HATE shopping unless its online and avoid changing rooms like the plague. I love QVC for beauty and toilettries, handbags and honora pearls. Apart from a centigrade coat that comes out each winter, I have never bought fashion from QVC, and after reading the threads on here I was very reluctant to do so. But I watched Kim and co over the last couple of days, and thought I would give it a go. I dont get all precious about fabrics, as long as the clothes fit me properly and are comfy and last and last. I dont "do" ironing, and since having babies my washing machine is having a nervous breakdown! I love a splash of colour but also like subtle neutrals and classy navy for work. I am 39 but thanks to good genes, good skincare and good quality make up I look about 30, I am told. I have blonde hair, and a slim but curvy (if you see what I mean) figure. I like natural but polished look with clothes with some class and quality about them. No TOWIE in my wardrobe!

I have to say that I totally disagree about the negative comments about Kim and Co from what I have seen so far. I have the perfect pansies dress, the navy and white leafy batik dress and the same print in the brown and white top with sleeves. I am waiting for a yellow top to arrive. The fabric is lovely, just the right amount of weight to them, cut and designed very well and as I suspected the prints are gorgeous. I definitely cant see an old lady wearing ANY if what I ordered. The effect the dresses had on my husband when I tried them ob was WOW, and probably not mentionable on here! The navy and white dress is perfect for work, as is the same print in the brown. Yes its a bit higher priced than some, but comparing the quality of the dress against an M and S one I have, there is no contest. AND the clothes are designed and sewn in Canada, a refreshing change. I guess the clothes would be cheaper if they had been made in China. I cannot speak for other QVC fashion but Kim and Co gets the thumbs up from me.

I agree with you! Kim's stuff gets a great deal of flack in here and frankly I think that it is ill deserved. I have to admit that I don't like many of the prints, wouldn't wear the brighter colours and have found the prices to be higher than they were BUT I do have a few items and they are well made and look good. I am wearing a Kim and Co dress today actually and though I am not that fond of it I have had three compliments already. I have a black cleopatra dress and it looks fantasic; shows off my curves and looks very elegant and classy. I think that it all depends on who is wearing the clothes and how. Also, the point that you made about the clothes being manufactured in Canada is a valid one. Enjoy your clothes and trust your judgement!

I`ve said before I have a few carefully chosen pieces, a skirt,cami and matching cardigan, which looks like a dress and cardi ..a black skirt, a dress and matching balero and three varying tops. I really like them and feel as good in them as when I wear anything expensive from the high street. The material quality does vary a lot and I`ve sent back much more than I`ve bought because of this and some of the paterns aren`t my thing but thats to be expected I don`t like all I see in any other store either. What I have is good quality and fits well and I`ll keep watching in case I see something else I like. lol. I think Kim designs for herself as she always looks good on the shows no matter what she wears.

I think you're right Madaboutdogs. She always looks lovely doesnt she. I waited over 2 years before taking the plunge and buying though. I am expecting to return one or 2 of the items I have bought...( the crop trousers for example...but I bought those intending to try them out as you dont get the chance to try before you buy like you would in a shop). I have been living in Jeans since I had by baby, and just want to brighten things up a bit. I hope my yellow top will look great with my dark blue jeans, but double up as a work top with my trouser suit. I have also had a look online at what is this seasons big thing - not that I care too much about that as long as something suits my shape- but Kim was right, prints are everywhere right now! I have just had a brochure through as junk mail dedicated to print dresses. They are in all the high end places as well as High Street.

Some of her maxi dresses are nice. And from what i see on the High Street not unlike those in Marks and Spencer and Monsoon. Their maxis are all really bright colours and prints. I am not a fan of her trousers or tops, but really hope for some good weather this summer to wear a maxi dress.

Thank you kat73 for your comments on Kim & Co. I have always posted positive comments on this range and I have many of her pieces in my wardrobe. I have just bought 12 tops and dresses from Kim's last visit. I always get compliments when I wear Kim & Co and my husband loves everything I wear from the range. My daughters, who are in their twenties and very honest when asked to comment on what I wear, tell me that they love the Kim & Co that I wear. Many believe that the fabrics used are full of static and sweaty. That is not the case. I wear Kim & Co on holiday in temperatures exceeding 35 degrees C and always feel cool and comfortable. The quality of finish on Kim & Co fashions is fantastic, I think it is the best on QVC.

I own one Kim & Co dress which I wear most weeks for work. It's a basic black shift dress in the crepe fabric she does. It's not hot n sweaty at all but it is polyester. I also have her "denim" leggings in navy and in white. Not sure they really look like denim up close bit they're good quality and in particular the white ones are great. I love white leggings but if they're not a decent weight they can look ****** awful.

I'm tempted by one of her maxi dresses but they're in what she calls "the poly slinky" so I don't know how clingy that will be.

I'm definitely someone who buys a few bits here and there. Not sure I will ever buy loads of Kim's clothes but I do definitely like what I have. And as I keep saying on posts about Kim's clothes ... like 'em or not they nearly always sell out. Somebody somewhere is buying it and loving it.

I wear her clothes all the time, even in the heat of the summer here and they are not hot and sweaty. I have worn them since her first show on QVC and am always complimented when wearing them. I still have, and wear, some of the 15 year old pieces and they look as good as new. I don't go for the bolder prints because I am 5'0" tall and not exactly skinny so they would swamp me.
I rarely watch the shows as I get her emails about the forthcoming styles and I get annoyed by the fact that they put the models in sizes that are too small so that they look as if they have camel toe, or you can see their bra line, I'm sure it puts a lot of people off buying.
I don't object to the price because I will have years of wear from the garments and they will always look new and fresh.
I get my trousers made to size from Canada, at no extra cost and all her team are lovely to deal with.

i've said before i've got a few pieces but they are years old when she used more variety of fabrics. one is a long velour, i suppose you'd call it, skirt in really lovely muted greys browns and beiges that still gets compliments over ten years on. another long skirt that's in a sort of bobbly material that looks tweedy, three long sleeved tops in slightly fleecy fabric and my absolute fav - a gorgeous eyelash knit jumper. but all of this is yearrrrrrrrrrs old. nowadays it all seems to be slinky. one thing i really like about her clothes is the sleeves are always a perfect length. most high street stuff seems as though it's made for orang utans.

I used to wear some of her tops when I was working. Easy to care for - just throw in the washer and put on an hanger to dry, no iron, comfortable to wear, looked nice and fresh and inevitably, I was complimented and asked where I had got the tops from.

I have bought a couple from her recent visit, too, as I want to refresh my wardrobe. Her skirts and dresses are far too long for me though.

i like kim's enthusiasm and her bold and colourful prints. i don't buy too much as i worry about having a wardrobe full of polyester. i did like the look of the cropped trousers.

What a lovely response to my post. I am 5'4" so perhaps they are designed for a not-straight-up-and-down woman, and I truly was expecting to send the clothes back. They really surprised me. My sister in law has some Annalee and Hope trousers that are very clingy and very static but this is not my experience so far with Kim and co. I will keep you posted as the next items arrive, I really am new to QVC fashion. In the UK everything is made in either China or Turkey clothes-wise, even high-end, and whilst I dont mind this with makeup as "the recipe is the recipe" wherever it is made, with clothes you do get quite marked differences in quality according to price. Polyester/elastane the dresses may be, but so are the ones I have bought in M&S, Next, Monsoon and John Lewis. There are some looks that need this kind of fabric, so in these cases you are looking at cut and finish when looking at quality. I have a few items that are 100% cotton but they require ironing very carefully with skirts or shirts, and my long sleeve tops with stretch just look a bit too casual for wearing in Court (as advocate not defendant lol!) There is nothing wrong with man made fabrics, they have their place.

I have never tried the trousers as years ago when I first got my free view box I bought some slinky ones from Ideal World and they are so stretchy and for me only suitable to wear around the house as they show the shape of your leg and knee as you walk . One pair was so stretchy that I ended up looking like one of the seven dwarfs with the trouser bottoms trailing behind me like a train..so that has put me off getting any that are even slightly stretchy, though I have looked at the denim ones as they don`t seem to be slinkly like at all.
I don`t find the material hot to wear either in the summer.

I will say that her white trousers are NOT see through which is a plus - I am 5'7 and bought the petite range trouser, they fit beautifully to the ankle (hate trousers that are over the foot and shoe) and are not a second skin around the hip. Just buy one size up !

Ladies! Ladies!

It's TROUSER.
Don't you listen to "fashion expert Glen your personal style guide..."? tsk-tsk

Hello everyone.This is my first post and this thread inspired me to join in! I too am a kim and co wearer and own about 12 tops and some crops. Im tall and slim and at 48 its hard to know what to wear without looking mutton done as lamb or too old and although I of course shop at the dreaded high street shops I find kims clothes just make a change and make me feel good when i wear them. They are great for when you arent sure if an occasion will be dressy or not cos they are pretty foolproof with a nicely cut pair of black trousers. Also they do wash n wear forever which ive yet to find with any other washable clothes which all twist or bobble or fade eventually. With regards to Kim i love her enthusiasm and product knowledge and wonder if maybe French is actually her first language being from Montreal, just a thought! On another subject just want to thank everyone here for lots of laughs and TSV tipoffs.

All of you who have written glowing reports about Kim's clothes must have one thing in common. It seems that you are all the right shape to wear them. I can wear her skirts and trousers in medium, they hang well, wash well, hold their colour and shape and look good BUT even if I wore a 3xl top or dress, because the material clings, it would highlight the area I need to conceal. It makes no difference being a size 10 or 20, I've been both. Kim designs for women with defined waists and I don't have one. I used to sell another Canadian range called Weekenders which did all that Kim claims her clothes do. These clothes were jersey without elastane and I still have some of the basic pieces. I would love to be able to wear more of her clothes but Kim must be the only designer who could create a blouson top with a defined waist!!!

Ladies! Ladies!

It's TROUSER.
Don't you listen to "fashion expert Glen your personal style guide..."? tsk-tsk

Oh blast ! (slaps hand)

memo to self: must remember to say 'knicker (s), glass (es), shoe(s), sock(s) toooooooo !

Springflower I think you might be right. I do have a waist (smile) but also hips and thighs(sad). Being of medium height I expected the dresses with tiering on the bottom to make my bottom look enormous and very "hippy". Not so, the clothes sit just right on me. About bliddy time. They never make clothes for shapes like mine.

Latest posts

Back