Kipling TSV 15/6/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kipling gets very poorly represented on QVC. I can't stand the prints and childlike bags and I can understand why people don't "get" those, but they also do leather bags and very smart bags that Q just doesn't seem to bother with. It's the organisation, durability and practicality of those smarter/leather bags which just isn't matched by cheaper high street bags.

I agree, I bought my first City April in brown about five years ago and its my everyday bag. It was classed as the higher end of Kipling at that time around £82. Once you see the quality of these ones you wouldn't look at the basic range which QVC only seem to stock now. I am surprised since QVC UK is such a big customer they never get the US exclusives etc. No its the Basic range which gone up so much in the last few years, they used to be around £30-40 now its £50 as the normal.

I have exactly that bag Donna; I loved the Hip, City, Vintage and Gorilla Girlz ranges Kipling used to do, and QVC used to sell them!

There are plenty of smart leather bag ranges for people to buy from already on QVC, Kipling is for people who want lightweight, bags in a range of colours and patterns that are fit for purpose. Kipling started off with lightweight strong nylon luggage so what is sold on QVC is actually much closer to what the company is best known for then brown leather handbags.

I like Kipling and am not ashamed to say. However, I have not gone for this Tsv. I think the p&p is silly and not too keen on the price tag either. I would genuinely like to see a broad range of what Kipling has to offer. Sadly Q's offerings are somewhat limited and generally expensive!

I'd say this is more down to Q. These designs especially made for Q will be made for Q's criteria. If you look at Kipling's spring summer ranges there are always plenty of bright colours. As I've said above, Q offer a poor representation of Kipling's range.

I think you are right. Listening to the various presentations throughout the day, nearly every other bag was "made for QVC" (and LG is getting like that also now). Well, quite frankly I really don't want a bag that will mark me out as a QVC customer thank you very much ! so they can stick their sludgy bird and monkey dipsomania designs up their Rudyard Kipling !!

Incidentally, there are rarely any Kipling bags in clearance, so what EXACTLY happens to all the bags that remain unsold, particularly the QVC only stuff. Do they appear in the outlet stores ?

Well here's a thing!

I ordered the Yellow TSV on waitlist this morning thinking I'd have time to read reviews and come to my senses only to notice that it's been despatched! Oh well there's always DSR if it doesn't blow me away when it arrives. I can only assume it was all part of the website glitch (the latest of many) and the yellow wasn't quite as sold out as they thought!

I agree, I bought my first City April in brown about five years ago and its my everyday bag. It was classed as the higher end of Kipling at that time around £82. Once you see the quality of these ones you wouldn't look at the basic range which QVC only seem to stock now.

I would. The city range is nice, but it's different from the basic range and I would choose the basic range for some things and the city range for others. I don't see why you can't like both.

I am surprised since QVC UK is such a big customer they never get the US exclusives etc.

I've bought quite a lot from the US on ebay. Have bought two or three lovely prints from Macys in NY too.

No its the Basic range which gone up so much in the last few years, they used to be around £30-40 now its £50 as the normal.

Nothing unusual there, everything's gone up a lot in the last few years. Wouldn't expect Kipling not to rise in price along with everything else - at least with Kipling the quality doesn't decline.

Well here's a thing!

I ordered the Yellow TSV on waitlist this morning thinking I'd have time to read reviews and come to my senses only to notice that it's been despatched! Oh well there's always DSR if it doesn't blow me away when it arrives. I can only assume it was all part of the website glitch (the latest of many) and the yellow wasn't quite as sold out as they thought!

I've got two yellow ones on the way to me! Went on Waitlist after the midnight debacle, then a yellow one showed as available in the middle of the night and I ordered it. Thought I'd wait until it actually arrived before cancelling the waitlist order - and now both are showing as despatched! Once I've actually got one in my hands I'll return the other one.

I've bought quite a lot from the US on ebay. Have bought two or three lovely prints from Macys in NY too.

oh me too!! The latest to my collection from Macy's was a Macy's exclusive, its the "Marble Print" its hands down my favourite kipling print of all time! I love it! You can be quite lucky with them from the US on eBay can't you... especially if the P&P is reasonable... did you know that Macy's now ships (only certain products) to the UK? I ordered a kipling bag off there a few weeks ago for a friends birthday - they wanted one in a print I'd had from out there, it arrived within a couple of days and was perfect packaged etc...

I'm very tempted with quite a few of their new prints of the season, they have a fab american flag design and some quite interesting floral prints... oh we really need a Macy's in the UK!!

Kipling gets very poorly represented on QVC. I can't stand the prints and childlike bags and I can understand why people don't "get" those, but they also do leather bags and very smart bags that Q just doesn't seem to bother with. It's the organisation, durability and practicality of those smarter/leather bags which just isn't matched by cheaper high street bags.

I agree about some of the recent prints. I notice today that all the plain colours of yesterdays TSV have sold out and the 2 remaining options are the monkey mania and summer print! Looks as if alot of other people agree with us.

I like the prints..well some of them! I ended up ordering the Monkey Mania blue - not had this one before. I have a Bird print, a Contrast Dot and one I can't remember the name of with splashes of purple, jade & white, but all my others are plain.

I bought a Kipling bag to use as hand luggage at Heathrow Airport last year. Ideal size, very reasonably priced and not sold on QVC. I've also found Kipling bags cheaper than QVC in quite a few shops. Check Amazon too. Just a thought.

My yellow tsv arrived today but I'm underwhelmed and it's already packed up and ready to return under the DSR. There's nothing wrong with it and it's a lovely bright yellow but I've just dug out a couple of Kipling bags from the loft which are at least 10 years old and they just seem to have so much more about them, even the plain colours. Mind you, I will concede that the self-coloured straps look better than the older black straps on some bags.

Sorry you're disappointed with your bag Jude...I've not even had notification of dispatch yet, yours was certainly quick!

Received my yellow one today also. Am in agreement, with you Akimbo. I ordered the tsv and another bag which is NOT for qvc only - the breezer white floral (fab design), and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! the yellow tsv has cotton threads trailing from the internal pockets. The 2 side zips don't have the regular rubber covering, and there is no extra fabric re-inforcement where the straps are sewn onto the bag. Unless they are side by side, it would be difficult to tell, but the "for QVC only" bags are deffo an inferior product.

Will I keep my yellow tsv, hmmmmm at the moment its only the colour that's tempting me, because I don't have a yellow one.

Last edited:
Received my TSV this morning - super quick which makes a change.
I am sooo disappointed with it though - I ordered the turquoise colour but the one I recieved today looks nothing like the one presented or the one shown on the web photo - more of a bright green - a cheap looking green at that imo! I thought it looked as if it was a blue turquoise but there is no hint of blue in mine. Really cross!

It's funny you say that about the turquoise because I'm drawn to this sort of colour usually, but I have a bag from 2007/8 in "Lagoon Blue" and thought the TSV bag was too similar to bother with. I'm thinking of looking for another Kipling bag in Sapphire Rose (from quite a few years ago). They've done lots of dull rose pinks recently but I want a clear bright pink (but not Barbie). I sold mine on ebay a few years ago and regretted it so unless you're selling because you need the cash I'd hang on to your Kipings as the quality and style was so much better before they changed their design team.

Reflexgirl you are right - I received mine this morning and it is not the same as the one shown or pictured on the website - it is definitely green!!!!

I really liked the look of the fresh aqua turquoise shown during the tsv - I have not decided whether to keep it yet. Bummer!

Latest posts

Back