Kipling TSV 15/6/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So pleased for those who love their Kipling bags and happy and able to pay the prices but I SO don't get them! Just watching the tsv launch and can't get my head around the 2 thousand people ordering in under ten minutes...!

The tsv bag looks like all the others to me and it's £62 with pandp for a nylon bag?!

Yet again I find myself wondering what I'm missing on qvc. Just saw an advert for Butler and Wilson tomorrow of the most gaudy awful butterfly brooch so may need to re think watching the channel as I've realised I'm obviously NOT the target market ;) Is it just me who is at a loss to understand the appeal of the vast majority of what they sell. Ho hum. Still enjoy watching some tho!

Hats off to Anne ! she mentioned (at the 1am showing) that she doesn't 'get' the present buying for teachers !!! then went on to say she wondered where it all started and when, and in 'her day' it was just a quick whip round for a bunch of flowers. The first sane comment by a presenter in a long while. Poor old Ann-Marie was stumbling for words, as its presumably the norm for her generation.

I'm at a loss also, as to why Mums just don't make a stand and refuse to contribute to the whole buying thing, instead of constantly jumping to their kids demands !

I'm half Anne's age (and used to teach!) but it isn't the norm at all... I think it may be more in private and public schools (indeed I have a teacher friend who was given an Anya Hindmarsh bag as an end of year gift at her prep school) but in your average state school, most pupils don't give presents at anything like the level that QVC suggest or encourage! Think it's just another 'angle' for them to promote sales. Or may be it's big in the USA?!

Well what a complete fiasco that TSV was. Far too few in terms of stock and Q incapable of dealing with the demand. I'm one of the hundreds who had their bag in their basket online at midnight as the show started - the EZPs appeared at midnight - we started to go through the checkout - and the website crashed and all of us lost our bags. The "page error" and "account does not exist" messages came up just before Anne said the yellow had sold out, so too late to try another method. My phone's on the blink anyway, or I'd have used QCut in the first place. And they didn't tell Anne the website had crashed - so she kept saying she didn't understand why it was so busy on the phones and suggesting people go to the website! According to the people who have exploded on Q's FB page the App crashed too, so it was a total disaster. Someone there also said that QCut went wrong too and kept just saying "Kipling, Kipling" over and over again until the caller was transferred to the "real operator" order line. All in all a complete debacle and thousands of very, very p***ed off customers.

I've gone on waitlist for the yellow bag and I sincerely hope that Q will make sure that every waitlister will get their bag under the circumstances. One poster on FB said she thinks the TSV should be repeated asap with adequate stock as this was clearly mishandled by the buyers too and so many people missed out. Has there ever been another TSV that wasn't shown again at 01:00 because they couldn't cope with it?

So pleased for those who love their Kipling bags and happy and able to pay the prices but I SO don't get them!

My mother was the same, couldn't understand why I loved my Kiplings so much. Then I bought her a Defea in cafe latte. Noticed that she was using it all the time. A bit later she asked if she could have a Kipling purse for her birthday. A while after that she asked me if I could look online for a smaller crossbody bag that she could use when shopping or when she didn't need a bag as big as the Defea. I found her an Elodie in Emerald Green - green being her favourite colour - which I thought would suit the purpose well. My mum now says that she thinks Kipling bags are brilliant and she'll be very happy if she gets more for Xmas and birthdays. She's now borrowing mine if she needs a particular colour to go with what she's wearing. My mum is 89! If it wasn't for the restrictions of living on a pension she'd be buying more herself.

Likewise my friend Monique. Couldn't understand the attraction until she bought her first one. Now I get texts from her alerting me to Amazon deals and online offers as she builds a collection. She has bags of all sizes and purses now. Nobody seems to be able to have just one, it's either none or a lot, because once you have one you SO get them!

Just went back to Q website and it's back up again and the yellow TSV was showing as available again, so I've ordered it and it's showing "In process" on my account. As the app and website were down I can only think that somebody's card was declined so the bag was released - either that or showing it as available is an error. Just in case I'm leaving my Waitlist order too, so if I get the bag in the next few days I'll cancel the Waitlist order and if I don't get it the Waitlist order will still be there. Can't assume anything with that lot!

I had one Kipling bag that I bought in Tkmax that I used in the summer last year. I am pretty sure that I packed it in the suitcase that OH took with him when he left 10 days earlier than me. Well it has never been seen again. OH did not lock suitcase so it either was taken out of baggage at airport (this has happened to me before so I do lock suitcase) or was taken by cleaners at hotel (never happened to me before). I liked it for its lightness and its packability. So they are popular even to the extent of getting nicked

I was the same with Kipling for years... I had a very snooty approach to handbags lol but in the last year I have become a convert. Admittedly I don't go in for the prints and bright colours (I am tempted by a couple) but the weight issue has been the decider for me and once you buy one then suddenly you look around and you have bought 5.

Every time there was a kipling tsv, I would find the bag attractive and sometimes place an order. Upon arrival, however, it was always such a huge disappointment to e, that it would be returned. I did this a couple of times. after which I decided kipling wasn't for me, and I shouldn't bother ordering from the range. So, whilst I do like the sky monkey mania, I won't be ordering, as I think as a tsv special offer, it is pretty poor showing. It isn't exactly a mammoth saving for what is, essentially, an average sized bag, which looks more capacious than it actually is. Even if I was interested in it, I would have switched off as soon as I saw Dawbags launching. I wish she would become a permanent fixture over on revelation! Bit of a conflict of interests really; preaching the bible to us on one channel, and trying to part us from our hard earned on another!

Hats off to Anne ! she mentioned (at the 1am showing) that she doesn't 'get' the present buying for teachers !!! then went on to say she wondered where it all started and when, and in 'her day' it was just a quick whip round for a bunch of flowers. The first sane comment by a presenter in a long while. Poor old Ann-Marie was stumbling for words, as its presumably the norm for her generation.

I'm at a loss also, as to why Mums just don't make a stand and refuse to contribute to the whole buying thing, instead of constantly jumping to their kids demands !

I think it's QVC trying to drum up another shopping habit - if everyone thinks "we should be buying something for miss" then their sales will increase. Maybe QVC have read the comments here and others and it's their way of sliding out of what they've been saying.

I'm not going for the TSV. I like the black flower but the straps look brownish - pity.

Kipling gets very poorly represented on QVC. I can't stand the prints and childlike bags and I can understand why people don't "get" those, but they also do leather bags and very smart bags that Q just doesn't seem to bother with. It's the organisation, durability and practicality of those smarter/leather bags which just isn't matched by cheaper high street bags.

My mother was the same, couldn't understand why I loved my Kiplings so much. Then I bought her a Defea in cafe latte. Noticed that she was using it all the time. A bit later she asked if she could have a Kipling purse for her birthday. A while after that she asked me if I could look online for a smaller crossbody bag that she could use when shopping or when she didn't need a bag as big as the Defea. I found her an Elodie in Emerald Green - green being her favourite colour - which I thought would suit the purpose well. My mum now says that she thinks Kipling bags are brilliant and she'll be very happy if she gets more for Xmas and birthdays. She's now borrowing mine if she needs a particular colour to go with what she's wearing. My mum is 89! If it wasn't for the restrictions of living on a pension she'd be buying more herself.

Likewise my friend Monique. Couldn't understand the attraction until she bought her first one. Now I get texts from her alerting me to Amazon deals and online offers as she builds a collection. She has bags of all sizes and purses now. Nobody seems to be able to have just one, it's either none or a lot, because once you have one you SO get them!

I was the same with Kipling for years... I had a very snooty approach to handbags lol but in the last year I have become a convert. Admittedly I don't go in for the prints and bright colours (I am tempted by a couple) but the weight issue has been the decider for me and once you buy one then suddenly you look around and you have bought 5.

I'll be 67 in a couple of months and I only got into Kiplings 3 or 4 years ago, I could never see the appeal and tbh I don't know what it was that made me order my first one, but once I'd got it I quickly added to the collection! I must have a dozen now, maybe more, I do use them in rotation but the favoured few get the most use...I LOVE the bright colours, only have one black (Defea) but blues, pinks, purples and a couple of patterns...they're so cheerful!

I've never had a Kipling bag as I love leather bags and won't pay as much for fabric ones but I do like Travelon. Had a couple and they've been durable but light weight, well designed and perfect for hols like city breaks. Got a tsv for Mum a few years ago, she used it daily until it finally got too tatty and I got her a new one from Ebay.

WHATS WRONG WITH KIPLING ???? isn't it evident to them by now that during the summer months in particular, the lightest colours - white, yellow, pale pink/blue etc etc always sell out first ! So WHY do they choke us to death with the dingiest, sludgiest colours and godawful prints all the time.

Even MF herself admitted that its about 4 years since they produced a yellow, and that there are hardly any white Kiplings to be had. Their design team are missing a serious trick here. I still possess all the lighter juicier colours from years ago, they get washed and used constantly (which you cannot do with most cheaper brands). Perhaps their constantly changing Design Director(s) need to get a handle on their market.

WHATS WRONG WITH KIPLING ???? isn't it evident to them by now that during the summer months in particular, the lightest colours - white, yellow, pale pink/blue etc etc always sell out first ! So WHY do they choke us to death with the dingiest, sludgiest colours and godawful prints all the time.

Even MF herself admitted that its about 4 years since they produced a yellow, and that there are hardly any white Kiplings to be had. Their design team are missing a serious trick here. I still possess all the lighter juicier colours from years ago, they get washed and used constantly (which you cannot do with most cheaper brands). Perhaps their constantly changing Design Director(s) need to get a handle on their market.

I'd say this is more down to Q. These designs especially made for Q will be made for Q's criteria. If you look at Kipling's spring summer ranges there are always plenty of bright colours. As I've said above, Q offer a poor representation of Kipling's range.

Kipling bags are just useful. I have very expensive leather bags and love them, but 95% of the time I'll grab a kipling bag. Lightweight, weather proof, easy to clean, roomy and the choice of colours/prints means you can tailor them to your needs/outfit.

I have been using Kipling since 2007 (I bought my first bag in NYC for around $70) now I have over 60 - not all purchased from Q.

My mum who is so old fashioned and will not spend money on a new bag unless the one she's using breaks now has 8 or 9 kipling bags and loves them for their practicality.

I keep the monkey on, i like the quirkiness and don't find it childlike at all. I live in a very remote area and even here its surprising how many people you see with kipling products.

Looking at the website the turquoise looks a lot lighter than I thought - not seen the presentation yet but I'll watch at 11 and see what I think then. The price is a bit higher than I normally pay, but the style of the bag with the three main compartments is exactly what I like...temptation is setting in I fear..

I am very much a Kipling fan & have a range from Large to quite small.My last was bought in their Regent St. shop to be used as a hand baggage bag.I am watching the shows today but nothing is grabbing my attention.IMO the variety of ranges within the brand is nowhere as diverse as it used to be, just variations on the basic range.I am watching but have to admit if CH does not shut up about the WONDER that is QVC I will switch off.She is so creeping--30dayMBG, but that seems to have been taken over by pushing down our throats the 'most trusted brand' line.It depends who conducted and how the research was done.If it is 'Which' or a recognised body then OK, but is it? I am the 'most beautiful, intelligent pensioner in the North of England' according to research.Question that!

Latest posts

Back