Kipling - what's Jill on about?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
On both her blog, and the launch of the tsv, Jill Franks was talking about how we used to think of Kipling as a company which made travel luggage, and now they make handbags!
As long as they have been on QVC, Kipling have been better known for their handbags than their luggage. When they first started up as a company, perhaps luggage wear was the mainstay of the business, but that was many moons ago!
The way Jill was talking, Kipling have just reinvented themselves.

Bonkers!! I heard her at the TSV launch last night and thought the same,have always associated them with handbags,blimey I have enough of them so I should know!!

I thought luggage was something they only started doing in the last couple of years I've only bought them since they were on QVC though. I though rucksacks were their original thing.

Jill Franks talks a load of baloney at the best of times.

Stand to be corrected, but I thought Kipling was an offshoot of DELSEY Luggage Company.

I certainly didn't think that she was doing the brand any favours talking about them in that way. They're featured in all the glossy magazines, but she makes tham sound as if they were just a luggage brand off shoot. It didn't make them seem aspirational... All her waffle about how things were great for wearing on a motor bike wasn't exactly helping brand image either. Why they continue to employ Jill Franks is one of the great mysteries of the universe....

Nearly choked on my cornflakes this morning when she started waffling on about Rudyard Kipling inventing the brand!:33:

The woman is a total airhead.

Nearly choked on my cornflakes this morning when she started waffling on about Rudyard Kipling inventing the brand!:33:

Luckily I avoided choking as I wasn't munching on cornflakes at the time, so I just sat there gawping incredulously! :52:

Yes, indeedy! It is amazing the nonsense that apparently just pops into her teeny tiny brain & then comes out through her mouth sometimes.......! *shakes head sadly!*

That's on a par with a comment she once made on a Tiffany style lighting show about Tiffany dating back to the dawn of time :11:

Does Lorraine no longer guest for the Kipling shows? The girl on last night had trouble identifying the names of some of the colours which didn't exactly inspire confidence. :54:

OMG nooooooooo - she didn't... did she???

What an absolute twonk!!!

OMG :shock:

That's on a par with a comment she once made on a Tiffany style lighting show about Tiffany dating back to the dawn of time :11:

Does Lorraine no longer guest for the Kipling shows? The girl on last night had trouble identifying the names of some of the colours which didn't exactly inspire confidence. :54:

Loraine moved to the USA and no longer works for Kipling, see this thread

http://www.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10599

I was only half listening & had assumed I had misheard her! The woman is a presenting disaster zone.... It's not even as if she comes across as a nice person so you feel inclined to forgive her total lack of competence.

I find her hard to watch at the best of times as she is so full of herself and loves to keep mentioning how 'diddy' she is, in case we hadn't noticed - perhaps she is referring to her brain size ?

I'm... speechless. She can't have said that... can she?

Outrageous...

Well, with her track record what do you think?:3: She seems to have an endless capacity to talk absolute drivel and this morning was just another example of how uninformed she really is. It would appear that spirulina does nothing to improve her mental capacity.:20:

I liked Lorraine.

So does that mean Rudard Kipling did not design bags on his travels and write poems about it all?????

I did know that Kipling gave money to ape/monkey charities hence the money logo.

Latest posts

Back