Kochblume TSV 24/05/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They say you should wash them before use, but don't explain why.
I’ve never washed them before use so it can’t be to improve the efficiency as they’re spot on whenever I’ve used them and when they have gone into the wash they’ve never run. So whatever explanation they would give seems irrelevant or maybe there isn’t one. 🤔

Edit: I’ve just checked the label and also the information page that’s included. It mentions nothing about washing them first. It just says they should be washed separately and I’ve never bothered doing that.

Mine arrived this morning. I’ve already got 4 small and 2 large cloths from the first TSV and I‘ve decided that I don’t need another 8, so I’m giving four of them to the ex. (Yes, we still get on very well.)
You must think highly of him! If it were me, I'd be giving some old pants that had been cut down for pan scrubs as presents to an ex, not some beautiful new Kochblume microfibre cloths! :p

You must think highly of him! If it were me, I'd be giving some old pants that had been cut down for pan scrubs as presents to an ex, not some beautiful new Kochblume microfibre cloths! :p
I wouldnt give my ex a second glance much less my prized soft fluffy cloths!

We’ve remained good friends, despite divorcing, and I still pop round for coffee and he comes round to do any DIY jobs that I can’t manage. I now live less than a mile away from the marital home, where he still lives and, as we’ve known each other for 51 years, it would be silly to start ignoring each other. I often share multiple items with him, like the sets of torches for example. I keep one, he and my son get the others. 😉 It saves my house being full of stuff I don’t need.

Oh damn and blast it. They came today, and I was all ready to be cynically unimpressed with them, and to tell myself I'm a silly moo with more money than sense. But no...they're just brilliant. Very thick, and absorbent as hell. Soo soft too - they did a brilliant job of screens like the television, computer, phone. And then I tried another one in the kitchen on the outside of the oven, microwave - absolutely sparkling. On granite worktops, with a bit of water, they were also superb.

Damn.

Oh damn and blast it. They came today, and I was all ready to be cynically unimpressed with them, and to tell myself I'm a silly moo with more money than sense. But no...they're just brilliant. Very thick, and absorbent as hell. Soo soft too - they did a brilliant job of screens like the television, computer, phone. And then I tried another one in the kitchen on the outside of the oven, microwave - absolutely sparkling. On granite worktops, with a bit of water, they were also superb.

Damn.
They are brilliant. I am cleaning the outside of my windows no need to pay a window cleaner silly money. I wont be wasting my old cloths they Will be used in the garden etc. but cleaning has never been so satisfying or fast. love them!

I bought the Lime Green/Yellow ones some time ago - the green did run for the first wash.

2nd lot were the Grey ones - OK

3rd lot, recent TSV, are Red/Orange - haven’t tried them yet …. OH unaware of their presence in the house!

Going back to security issues
I bought the Lime Green/Yellow ones some time ago - the green did run for the first wash.

2nd lot were the Grey ones - OK

3rd lot, recent TSV, are Red/Orange - haven’t tried them yet …. OH unaware of their presence in the house!
Tell him you've had them 3 years and just discovered them in the back of the wardrobe

I washed mine at 40 degrees, as instructed, and I've just wiped the kitchen windows, now smear-free. I am seriously impressed.

Yes, the back of the wardrobe thing or "you never notice a thing, I've had them for years" always works.

Going back to security issues

Tell him you've had them 3 years and just discovered them in the back of the wardrobe
A friend of mine bought a pair of shoes. Popped over and found her outside scuffing the bottoms. Said if her other half says anything she'll tell him exactly that. Don't think he noticed anyway

I washed some of my cloths I bought direct from KR and they don't run in the wash. The reviews said the cloths ruined other items. oh well!
I was sorely tempted to buy this TSV and they did look/sound great, but I read the reviews of previous TSV and other sets and SO many reviews saying the cloths leak colour/dye.

And not just in the wash, but rinsing under tap or sat on the side etc, so I decided I daren’t buy them (especially as I couldn’t really justify the cost).

Now all these positive reviews here and I wish I’d caved!

Mine have arrived, I bought the pink/purple, they have been washed in the machine at 30 and they didn’t run. Used them to dust and clean the telly, clean the stainless steel in the kitchen etc and I’m really impressed with them. I’m off to stay with friends for the weekend so will take half to give them along with some Molton Brown

Mine have arrived, I bought the pink/purple, they have been washed in the machine at 30 and they didn’t run. Used them to dust and clean the telly, clean the stainless steel in the kitchen etc and I’m really impressed with them. I’m off to stay with friends for the weekend so will take half to give them along with some Molton Brown
What a thoughtful gift. Shower/bath with the lovely Molton Brown. Then wipe down the shower/bath/taps with the designer cloths.Brilliant!

Latest posts

Back