Laura Geller Make Up TSV 14/08/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It was beginning to sound a bit desperate, the way they were pushing it.
Wonder if it will dawn on them that it just didn't have anything in it to excite a lot of people, probably not.
Yes it was, even Laura was begging, this I haven’t heard her do before, and it was a bit embarrassing. I suppose if they brought 30 000 units and sold 20 000, then they had a reason to panic, all the space taken in the warehouse and countless hours trying to get rid of the remains. I thought they should have been more careful with the price as well as the shades. Last time I bought a neutral LG TSV (The Baked Sale) my eyes looked bruised so I steer clear from these for now, especially the aubergine shade that was in this TSV.

I got a bit confused yesterday, the first part of the day Laura was saying that all the colours were neutral and then she was saying that they were warm, then neutral again, then warm, then neutral. Am I missing something here?

Ho Ho!!! Seems there was to be a live chat with Laura on the QVC Facebook page yesterday. It was cancelled of technical reasons.(Yeah right many are saying). Yet the one on BTY group went ahead, and people are not happy. One is complaining and said Shazza who runs the group with DF replied to her, but as she has been blocked by said Shazza she cannot read the reply.

They didn't even bother to display all the foundation shades this time so we only had that very unhelpful photo to rely on. No wonder people don't buy. It's just not good enough to claim that most people can get away with medium. (The fact that the fair sold out might be a clue Laura). Regular buyers will notice that the shades have changed and new buyers won't have a clue what to choose from the confusing descriptions. At least show us the different compacts.

Ho Ho!!! Seems there was to be a live chat with Laura on the QVC Facebook page yesterday. It was cancelled of technical reasons.(Yeah right many are saying). Yet the one on BTY group went ahead, and people are not happy. One is complaining and said Shazza who runs the group with DF replied to her, but as she has been blocked by said Shazza she cannot read the reply.

Are these live chats worthwhile, seem to be missing the whole point here!? Same people asking same questions over and over again, yawn lolololo!
I prefer to watch a tv presentation and take the hints and tips and then decide if I want the product or not, simples! :mysmilie_8:

The brown/nude palettes started way back over 10 years ago with Bobbi Brown. Now every brand Urban Decay being one insist on doing them again again again. So QVC are just stuck in a rut the buyers no doubt thinking oh Urban Decay have brought out another nude/brown palette people are going nuts for it.

Chanel's late eyeshadow quad is matt brown shades, but has one red colour as the fourth! Looks scary in the palette but blends down beautifully.

If anyone reads the QVC US forum on their site, they too complain about the shades of TSVS.

My Beauty Makeup friend thinks Bobbi Brown is one of the best out there! She also uses and loves Urban Decay and Rimmel along with a few others.

Was watching Q yesterday morning and LG said a special hello to her geller girl Shazza Harvey and I have heard Dorris Dalton do it as well, strange how Shazza gets sent the TSV'S week in advance for her to review. Anyone know how DF became friends with Shazza.

Was watching Q yesterday morning and LG said a special hello to her geller girl Shazza Harvey and I have heard Dorris Dalton do it as well, strange how Shazza gets sent the TSV'S week in advance for her to review. Anyone know how DF became friends with Shazza.
Yes I heard this too.

I agree about it being Bobbi Brown who started all this trend for "nude" makeup. Before that most people I knew tended towards grey or blue eyeshadows with pink or peachy blusher, pink, red or coral lips.
Then Bobbi Brown was all over the magazines with endless variations on brown eyeshadow & various nude pink lipsticks. It all became THE thing & other companies began to follow suit.
I don't mind brown eyeshadow, as long as it doesn't have any orange or red leanings in it, must be a grey/taupe brown, but these or plummy shades make my eyes look sore when they're not. But I never, ever found a Bobbi Brown lipstick that didn't look like death on me, they are all such dulled down colours.
Laura seems to be leaning a lot towards these chocolate/coffee collections but I won't buy any more after sending one back.

Who's Shazza?

Who's Shazza?

During the BCC charity auction a couple of years ago it was announced on air that the winning bidder had bought a lot as a gift for Sharon (I don't think her surname was stated). Viewers realised it was SH and DF was the bidder and uproar ensued. It emerged that DF had inadvertently broken the rules by bidding and nothing improper had gone on (according to QVC).

We all know, that employees, their friends and family can't enter competitions etc, because if they win, it can be seen as being fixed, and whaddayaknow, Flint won even though she knew she couldn't enter, QVC are just as bad though, because they let her! They're a very shady company who have been caught out a few times doing something underhand, as for Flint and her best friend she met through social media, it's not what you know hey?

I`m not in any of Shazza`s groups but I believe she likes to think of herself as being some kind of beauty blogger and was recently begging her cronies to vote for her in some kind of competition. So you have a middle aged presenter DF who likes to kid folks she`s a weight loss expert and her bestie who likes to kid folks she`s some kind of beauty expert and lots of minions who worship both. To be blunt they both pee in the same pot and if it wasn`t for Shazza running her groups then DF wouldn`t have her followers and if it was for DF then Shazza wouldn`t get all the freebies to try and access to QVC guests and then they try to tell us there`s nothing underhand going on. Yeh right.

I didn't get the TSV though I love LG, I am knee deep in makeup but I was surprised to see the TSV was still showing at the reduced price earlier this morning. Suppose they thought they'd shift a few more!

Your link does work & it looks like they're getting auto delivery of three drops in all with different colours in each drop. Why didn't they offer us that?

Sure DF said on air once that they met on Facebook? Could be wrong but you see her cropping up a lot! :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back