Laura Geller Make Up TSV 14/08/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm not going for it either-really dislike balance and brighten and the blush is too pinky/red toned for me.

Always lovely to see Laura. I wish they would find someone less awful to replace Laura when she's not travelling over for the shows... I really don't rate Sarah Jagger at all.

I won't buy anything, though, as I'm awash with Laura's stuff, and as I am an infrequent makeup wearer, I suspect that my stash will be going strong in 10 years time...

For all try said ten thousand had been sold at lunchtime none of the shades have sold out. Perhaps it isn't as popular as they had hoped.

too many repeat tsv's therfore not so special anymore. they used to be such a treat not now

too many repeat tsv's therfore not so special anymore. they used to be such a treat not now

I don't mind and happy to skip one or two TSVs, which means we have more choice now rather than jumping on each one as I used to. Also one B&B lasts me around two-three months and I'm usually ready for the next TSV, however lipsticks and lip glosses are wasted on me as I prefer long lasting ones.

I really really wish the beauty buyers and a Q make up brand had the balls to offer something other than brown/neutral colours in a TSV; or better still a couple of choices: obviously one in taupe/ brown/nude tones but then other choices in greys or plums or greens (not vivid 70s shadows) but they could base them on eye colour (Smashbox used to sell sets tailored to blue, hazel or brown eyes).
Mind you New <ID had a TSV years ago with 3 different options but the least popular options hung around in the Clearance section for a long time afterwards so maybe it just doesn't make commercial sense for Q to try this again?

From my credit card's point of view these samey uninspiring colours are a welcome relief after ordering yesterday's TSV :happy:

US beauty brand tsvs seem to be shackled to what QVC US wants and what suits their customer base. Just because UK and US speak similar versions of the same language doesn't mean we are the same in any way... we're not. I'm sure there are plenty who suit these colours, but there are at least as many for whom the brown colour range offered will be problematic.

A choice would be lovely, though. 3 choices would be the best... one for yellow-based skin tones, one for pink-based skin tones, and one for neutral-based skin tones.

I haven't watched any of the shows today but I'm wondering how many times 'Made by Italian artisans ' was spouted.

Yes, but then said her son is turning 16.

Had a watch of the 4pm show. Did notice that Laura's forehead does not move, so botox.

I thought her son was 14 a good few years ago, when AY went to qvc us and then after she came back they talked about Laura's son that he was then 14 going on 40. I was surprised to hear that he was turning 16 this year.

I really really wish the beauty buyers and a Q make up brand had the balls to offer something other than brown/neutral colours in a TSV; or better still a couple of choices: obviously one in taupe/ brown/nude tones but then other choices in greys or plums or greens (not vivid 70s shadows) but they could base them on eye colour (Smashbox used to sell sets tailored to blue, hazel or brown eyes).
Mind you New <ID had a TSV years ago with 3 different options but the least popular options hung around in the Clearance section for a long time afterwards so maybe it just doesn't make commercial sense for Q to try this again?

From my credit card's point of view these samey uninspiring colours are a welcome relief after ordering yesterday's TSV :happy:

A choice would be very welcome. I agree with what many here are saying about the same old boring browns. Maybe the new range they are bringing in from Jay Manuel will be more exciting. On his website, the eyeshadow quads are quite adventurous. Let's hope that "exclusive to QVC" doesn't translate into "more shades of brown".

A choice would be very welcome. I agree with what many here are saying about the same old boring browns. Maybe the new range they are bringing in from Jay Manuel will be more exciting. On his website, the eyeshadow quads are quite adventurous. Let's hope that "exclusive to QVC" doesn't translate into "more shades of brown".

Unless the malign influence of QVC sales patterns means the buyers tell the new range - "browns are our top seller, so please bring us browns".

US beauty brand tsvs seem to be shackled to what QVC US wants and what suits their customer base. Just because UK and US speak similar versions of the same language doesn't mean we are the same in any way... we're not. I'm sure there are plenty who suit these colours, but there are at least as many for whom the brown colour range offered will be problematic.

A choice would be lovely, though. 3 choices would be the best... one for yellow-based skin tones, one for pink-based skin tones, and one for neutral-based skin tones.
Totally agree, apart from foundations being too yellow, the main reason I like the Mally range is because of the brighter lip and cheek shades and the wide range of eye colours. I would try more DHS ranges if I had the time to shop but I just don't. If QVC stopped doing mally I would be forced to broaden my online search. A former Q brand- New CiD was fantastic for pale blondes like me. Picked up a couple of lip glosses imn TK Maxx, "Turkish delight" and "blondie". Love them!

Unless the malign influence of QVC sales patterns means the buyers tell the new range - "browns are our top seller, so please bring us browns".

I fear you are right. A pity they don't realise that browns are most probably only their top sellers because browns are all they offer!

I love Laura Geller Brown & cream eyeshadow - my holy grail eyeshadow is Laura geller baked earth & petal duo.
I adore it. I only like Matte & I was tempted solely because of the eyeshadow pallet, but I decided I can pick it up alone on eBay. I HATE B&B, it looks weird on me. I like her blushers, but they aren't my holy grail blushers. Likewise lipsticks are just average.

Oh how they were pushing the TSV in this hour, every five-ten minutes or so. I didn't buy but enjoyed watching. Got tempted a few times by different offers and resisted.

The brown/nude palettes started way back over 10 years ago with Bobbi Brown. Now every brand Urban Decay being one insist on doing them again again again. So QVC are just stuck in a rut the buyers no doubt thinking oh Urban Decay have brought out another nude/brown palette people are going nuts for it.

Chanel's late eyeshadow quad is matt brown shades, but has one red colour as the fourth! Looks scary in the palette but blends down beautifully.

If anyone reads the QVC US forum on their site, they too complain about the shades of TSVS.

Oh how they were pushing the TSV in this hour, every five-ten minutes or so. I didn't buy but enjoyed watching. Got tempted a few times by different offers and resisted.

It was beginning to sound a bit desperate, the way they were pushing it.
Wonder if it will dawn on them that it just didn't have anything in it to excite a lot of people, probably not.

Latest posts

Back