Laura Geller TSV 03/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like the lip dew on its own, but the colour seems out of place for this collection I thought, when I checked myself in the mirror around lunch time.

My order arrived this morning, I have to say I like everything in the kit, including the bag, which is a bit more stylish and of a better quality than some of the 'free' bags that are on offer from other brands. For example, I ordered the kit from Prai which is lovely, but I have already thrown the plastic bag in the bin - I feel insulted that anyone would think they were doing us a favour by giving us such cheap tat, sorry Cathy Kangus but this is the first bag I've got from you, and if this is the best you can do, the others in future will also go in the bin. I wouldn't be seen dead with that hideous bag.
Getting back to Laura, I love when she's on because I think she is such a treat to watch and listen to, and is so delighted with her cosmetics. I actually ordered B & B on its own a couple of years ago, but sent it right back because I just did not get any coverage from it, unless I used an awful lot of it.
I love everything about this TSV the bronzer is fantastic as it is not heavy or fake looking and went on a treat, same for the liner and the lip crayon, I also like the eye shadow, but once again the B & B although I won't return it as I like the rest, I shall try to get used to it, but once again, I must be missing something with such rave reviews and awards for this, that I'm sure I must be doing something wrong. I have some redness in my cheeks which this doesn't cover, unless I keep returning to the pan for more and more.
If anyone else finds the same problem, let me know.

I know Laura says to layer B&B for areas that need more coverage but I think a dab of concealer first is a better option, then a fine layer of B&B over the top. During each on-air demo the models have another 3 or 4 layers of B&B applied on top of the last lot so it's no wonder they look like flour-dusted tea-cakes by the evening shows.
I just use B&B on minimal make up days; if I'm going to wear a full face I still prefer liquid foundation and find it quicker to apply Josie Maran or Tarte liquid, I whack it on with finger-tips then blend with a big dry kabuki brush. By the time I've applied concealer then B&B and double-checked I've covered a couple of age spots, under-eye shadows and a small scar I could have done a whole "formal" face with strobing, eye shadow, mascara and lippy. This might be the reason a 9g B&B lasts me well over a year.

I know Laura says to layer B&B for areas that need more coverage but I think a dab of concealer first is a better option, then a fine layer of B&B over the top. During each on-air demo the models have another 3 or 4 layers of B&B applied on top of the last lot so it's no wonder they look like flour-dusted tea-cakes by the evening shows.
I don’t know why but I always assumed that they would remove all make up after the show as I thought they may need to go outside in between the shows.
Having said this I have always wondered what makeup remover they use in Q towers, the brands that QVC sell or some high street shops eg Superdrug, Boots or even from supermarkets eg ASDA, Morrissons.

Re coverage of B&B I use a light covering of a BB cream underneath. I find this gives a good coverage that does not look too heavy.

I'm quite impressed with mine. So glad I went for fair and not medium though. The b&b is a bit orange on my skin so I really have to blend it into my neck and it would be really obvious if I had a lower cut t shirt on or my shoulders on show. Porcelain would be far too pink for me though so I'm stuck with fair, I'll have to get a bit of a tan! I quite like the coverage with a little bit of bare minerals bb primer underneath but I seem to be making a huge powdery mess when applying (am I doing something wrong?)
Love the eyeliner it glides on and the staying power is great. The eyeshadow duo is quite nice too, I applied it lightly and it was subtle enough for everyday wear but it could easily be built for evening wear. The lip crayon is a bit dark for my complexion but I just lined my lips with it and added a slightly lighter colour on top and it looked OK. I could live without the bronzer, it just adds to the orangeness of the foundation for me, but I might try applying it over my usual bare minerals foundation and see what it's like.
Don't like the bag. It'll go in the bottom wardrobe for the rest of its life.

I'm quite impressed with mine. So glad I went for fair and not medium though. The b&b is a bit orange on my skin so I really have to blend it into my neck and it would be really obvious if I had a lower cut t shirt on or my shoulders on show. Porcelain would be far too pink for me though so I'm stuck with fair, I'll have to get a bit of a tan! I quite like the coverage with a little bit of bare minerals bb primer underneath but I seem to be making a huge powdery mess when applying (am I doing something wrong?)
Love the eyeliner it glides on and the staying power is great. The eyeshadow duo is quite nice too, I applied it lightly and it was subtle enough for everyday wear but it could easily be built for evening wear. The lip crayon is a bit dark for my complexion but I just lined my lips with it and added a slightly lighter colour on top and it looked OK. I could live without the bronzer, it just adds to the orangeness of the foundation for me, but I might try applying it over my usual bare minerals foundation and see what it's like.
Don't like the bag. It'll go in the bottom wardrobe for the rest of its life.
I don't use a brush. I use one of those egg shaped foam things and just dab it on. I think I was Donna who introduced me to it. Here is a link to one of the cheaper ones but there are more expensive and cheaper ones. I use B&B very lightly though.
http://www.superdrug.com/Real-Techn...7-GpFzAVFd4HZ-o7ZaRsbhoCB4Tw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Mine arrived today and I'm very pleased with it. The B&b seemed a bit powdery at first but it has gone on beautifully and the eye shadow colours are much better on than I thought.
The lip colour too is lovely - not one of those dull lip stains you usually get.

I've tried the eye pencil but it just makes me look like I've been crying. Some things just don't suit me.

i know laura says to layer b&b for areas that need more coverage but i think a dab of concealer first is a better option, then a fine layer of b&b over the top. During each on-air demo the models have another 3 or 4 layers of b&b applied on top of the last lot so it's no wonder they look like flour-dusted tea-cakes by the evening shows.
I just use b&b on minimal make up days; if i'm going to wear a full face i still prefer liquid foundation and find it quicker to apply josie maran or tarte liquid, i whack it on with finger-tips then blend with a big dry kabuki brush. By the time i've applied concealer then b&b and double-checked i've covered a couple of age spots, under-eye shadows and a small scar i could have done a whole "formal" face with strobing, eye shadow, mascara and lippy. This might be the reason a 9g b&b lasts me well over a year.

to be honest, i know qvc have a 'legal department' so they have to be honest, which i'm sure they are, but i just look at some of the makeup models during presentations because i'm hooked on beauty shows to be honest, although having said that, i'm no-one's pushover, and although i make a lot of purchases, i'm very choosy, and they go back if i'm not satisfied, but i really wanted to give b and b another go thinking 'well it must be me' but i think it suits certain skin types.

Like you akimbo i prefer the feel of a foundation which is not 'wet' and my hair sticks to my face or a hair from a brush sticks to my face which i absolutely hate, but if i want better or good cover, i always end up with a liquid foundation.

I think we all know that a lot of these models young and old, don't look great without makeup - those that do are very fortunate and probably very young.

Well they insist the shadows are 7.2g, held next to a 1.2g pot they look damn near the same :thinking:

Take the incorrectly labelled product to your local trading standards and get them to weigh it :devil: and then send the results (on TS headed paper) to QVC.

Take the incorrectly labelled product to your local trading standards and get them to weigh it :devil: and then send the results (on TS headed paper) to QVC.

I would if I really wanted to keep it but decided as it is nothing special they can have it back. I think they have just read the box, I have a 4.2 eyeshadow which looks about 3 times bigger.

Latest posts

Back