Laura Geller TSV 21/11/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I waited until the medium sold out and then decided I should get it! Have to say Laura is a pleasure to watch even with DF. So much easier on the ears than so many shouty guests we seem to get from the States, was pleased to see the Tsv do so well, hope everyone who ordered it is chuffed with it,

I'm afraid I couldn't resist watching Debbie with Laura... safe in the knowledge that I'd bought long before Debbie swept into action.

Get your summer colour as well as your winter colour... Stock up... Some have been buying twos and threes... Someone has been stockpiling... Get it for someone to give you for Christmas... [And then Medium sold out] ...So if you're normally medium, just get the Tan, it's not so different... You can gift the bits you don't want...

And even with what is the increasingly ubiquitous hard sell (not just Debbie does it, but she has to be the most efficient and creative at coming up with reasons to buy and pre-empting why you might not want to buy, it really felt like the show was being broadcast almost exclusively for the facebook afficionados. The groups, and particularly Get Geller Gorgeous constantly mentioned, plus loads of VERY familiar name-checks to individuals were very much to the fore. How long before QVC is just the inhouse TV channel for these groups, and not as such a channel for the general viewer?

Unfortunately Laura seems to be totally on board with this, thanking Debbie particularly.

What on earth is happening at QVC???? :confused::sad:

Did the basket refresh thing. I have had the 31 day palette in there on and off most of the day, and went for both just after 11, but it was nerve wracking. Have to say, I read some of the reviews on QVC.com while waiting and they are really mixed. Some saying the B&G is really glittery and other people complaining that the products were too small. Will wait and see and if not totally happy, will return it.
Such a weird thing about eyeshadow palettes - I don't wear a lot of eye shadows but I love palettes. Sometimes I just take them out and look at them. I was watching Sally Hughes, the Guardian's beauty editor and she has done an "in the bathroom with" series on YouTube where she sits with a celeb in their bathroom and they talk about their favourite products. Anyway, I was watching one with Marian Keyes and she said she went through a lot of depression, and it was a gorgeous bottle of nail varnish that was the first chink of light in the darkness. Since then, everyone gets her nail varnishes (Chanel ones in Particular) and she mentioned that she loves taking them out, counting them, putting them in colour order. Well, I am not quite there yet with eye shadow palettes, but there is something about their prettiness that makes me happy.

I waited until the medium sold out and then decided I should get it! Have to say Laura is a pleasure to watch even with DF. So much easier on the ears than so many shouty guests we seem to get from the States, was pleased to see the Tsv do so well, hope everyone who ordered it is chuffed with it,

Medium is still there

When I was younger eyeshadow palettes were like catnip to me! I used to have loads of them. I could feel myself lusting after the ones which were on in the launch show - the 5 travel palettes, as well as the 31 day one - but with lumpy eyelids and hooding setting in, it would have been an extremely expensive indulgence. The more neutral shades in the TSV are more likely to work for me, I think (and hope).

Hope when you get the eyeshadow palettes that you love them and get a lot of pleasure out of using them!

Medium really is showing sold out now.

Just a thought that you can put it on waitlist, and when it turns up (in the next 10 days) CS are going to be able able to allocate it to you waitlist order. Or cool down in the next few days and cancel it.
Edit: sorry just realised it wasn't on waitlist

USA Cosmetics on QVC seem to feature a lot of yellow based foundation shades - I find this with Laura and Mally - which makes me look kind of custardy over mine, a confirmed pink toned face. The balance & brighten looks great - one day I might succumb, but I wonder if it can really compete with the likes of my go to Guerlain Meteorites Powder Teint 2?

USA Cosmetics on QVC seem to feature a lot of yellow based foundation shades - I find this with Laura and Mally - which makes me look kind of custardy over mine, a confirmed pink toned face. The balance & brighten looks great - one day I might succumb, but I wonder if it can really compete with the likes of my go to Guerlain Meteorites Powder Teint 2?

I've a neutral to pink complexion, and find the fair B&B is perfect. Interestingly enough even on QVC in US they tend to sell out quickly on the pinker shades (porcelain and fair)... so even over there, there are women who must struggle with the yellow-based shades.

Porcelain balance and brighten is definitely pink toned as well as very light, if that helps.

Goodness QVC are keen to flog this. Not only did I get an email inviting me to pre-order before the TSV day, but then a reminder yesterday afternoon to buy it and then today I get yet another email encouraging me to buy more Laura Geller beauty today!

I did not buy the TSV. I haven't bought LG products for about 18 months. I'm afraid the quality just doesn't come close to other brands that I use e.g. NARS, Hourglass, Anastasia Beverley Hills etc. The one-shade-suits-all approach to Balance & Brighten with just 4 shades doesn't work for my skin-tone and I didn't like the caked look it gave me. The eyeshadows, mascara, lip stuff is too pedestrian for my liking - all generic shades that vary little from TSV to TSV. I appreciate its a hugely popular brand at QVC, but its very underwhelming in terms of quality and colour palette IMO.

When I was younger eyeshadow palettes were like catnip to me! I used to have loads of them. I could feel myself lusting after the ones which were on in the launch show - the 5 travel palettes, as well as the 31 day one - but with lumpy eyelids and hooding setting in, it would have been an extremely expensive indulgence. The more neutral shades in the TSV are more likely to work for me, I think (and hope).

Hope when you get the eyeshadow palettes that you love them and get a lot of pleasure out of using them!

Medium really is showing sold out now.

I am exactly the same can't resist these palettes until now that I'm in to 'wise' old age.They were taken on holiday & one time when we our bags were individually searched the guy asked me if my name was Boots ( as in the chemist!)I used to love trying the colours they contained that I wouldn't normally go for.When I saw the LG one yesterday I twitched.Always got the Estee Lauder makeup set at Christmas. Ahh days long gone-- but not quite bought a Laura Mercier Eye Artists Palette in Space NK a few weeks ago--12 very wearable colours mostly matt or subtle sheen.LG's did look a bit glittery for me.

Goodness QVC are keen to flog this. Not only did I get an email inviting me to pre-order before the TSV day, but then a reminder yesterday afternoon to buy it and then today I get yet another email encouraging me to buy more Laura Geller beauty today!

I did not buy the TSV. I haven't bought LG products for about 18 months. I'm afraid the quality just doesn't come close to other brands that I use e.g. NARS, Hourglass, Anastasia Beverley Hills etc. The one-shade-suits-all approach to Balance & Brighten with just 4 shades doesn't work for my skin-tone and I didn't like the caked look it gave me. The eyeshadows, mascara, lip stuff is too pedestrian for my liking - all generic shades that vary little from TSV to TSV. I appreciate its a hugely popular brand at QVC, but its very underwhelming in terms of quality and colour palette IMO.

Sadly I have to agree. I was quite a big LG fan but the quality has gone into serious decline. Like you said the TSVs are too repetitive/samey and the colours can be very boring too. I still watch some of the shows and like Laura herself a lot, but can't see myself buying again.

My hermes tracking says my TSV is out for delivery and I'm quite looking forward to trying it out.

I've been using the B&G for a few days now and would suggest not to put too much on your nose.:mysmilie_17:

You're spot on with that advice Lynn, I had to add ordinary B&B over my nose to take down the shine. I'm undecided so will keep using it for a few days before I decide what to do; the brow pencil is ok, I'll use the mascara and lipstick (better than expected) but the gloss is too pink. The shadow colours are ok but the cardboard packaging is a bit naff, and no doubt a cost cutting idea. Everything rests on the B&G foundation, will it justify keeping the whole set?

Latest posts

Back