Laura Geller TSV 21/11/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine has arrived too, today's TSV. Loving it, all of it. It doesn't look like an oil slick on me though my skin is dry. I'll mostly use it as a touch up powder with the original as the main base. I got Porcelain.

Does Porcelain B&G have a bit more yellow/cream swirls than the regular B&B? I thought it did on screen.

Does Porcelain B&G have a bit more yellow/cream swirls than the regular B&B? I thought it did on screen.

Possibly, yes, there's a little pale gold but It doesn't look yellow on like the normal Fair does on me. It just gives a lovely subtle glow

Which shade did you get?

Possibly, yes, there's a little pale gold but It doesn't look yellow on like the normal Fair does on me. It just gives a lovely subtle glow

Which shade did you get?

Great news, I've always found Porcelain too light and Fair too dark but Porcelain suits me better.
I mix the two but end up on a yellow side so was hoping for a new shade between Porcelain and Fair.
I got Porcelain in B&G.

Watching the Adele show on BBC and I am sure Amanda the model was in the Audience.

Yes I recorded it and watching now. Pretty sure it was Amanda. Wonder how she got tickets. I am signed up for BBC music show tickets but never got an email to apply for this.

It seems that B&G is creamier than B&B on the models, B&B always looked powdery when caked on.
Hopefully a going back to the original B&B that was creamier (I heard) and there was loads of complains lately B&B being powdery.

It seems that B&G is creamier than B&B on the models, B&B always looked powdery when caked on.
Hopefully a going back to the original B&B that was creamier (I heard) and there was loads of complains lately B&B being powdery.

I'm really hoping its creamier. I used to love the original bnb but a more recent purchase looks like a cheap powder on me, really didn't 'meld' with my skin. I couldn't return it because I didn't get it from QVC so I thought i'd chance the TSV with the new formula today.

Thanks to everyone who received their TSV's early for their comments :mysmilie_59:

I am glad someone asked on air about the Almond, although Laura's answer wasn't very helpful... I have a very bad allergy to all nuts and am slightly concerned that the new product has almond oil in there as I had to cancel my order of the 31 days eyeshadow box as they contain almond.

Damn I am so tempted, but slightly concerned re: this possible warmer porcelain shade. The cool pink tones are what made B&B in porcelain brilliant for me, so any hint of warmth from gold-ish creamy yellow tones wouldn't look right on me.

Hmmm, to try or not to try? The P&P loss to send it back would be a bit of a pain.

I am glad someone asked on air about the Almond, although Laura's answer wasn't very helpful... I have a very bad allergy to all nuts and am slightly concerned that the new product has almond oil in there as I had to cancel my order of the 31 days eyeshadow box as they contain almond.

That's a shame for you CMQ, it was certainly a lovely set of shadows. But never worth taking the risk with nut allergies.

Damn I am so tempted, but slightly concerned re: this possible warmer porcelain shade. The cool pink tones are what made B&B in porcelain brilliant for me, so any hint of warmth from gold-ish creamy yellow tones wouldn't look right on me.

Hmmm, to try or not to try? The P&P loss to send it back would be a bit of a pain.

I wouldn't say it looked warmer on. It would be hard to be paler than me, Porcelain is my usual shade & Fair in BM, Fairly Light is far too dark & yellow. I've yet to find a high street foundation pale enough, they all look jaundiced on me even the palest shades. I got tested with the Boots No7 thingy & they recommended Calico, the palest, though admitted it might be too dark which it is. It looks yellowish grey on me.
I've worn this new LG all today & it's fine. Like it so much I've ordered another set in case Porcelain sells out.

Like it so much I've ordered another set in case Porcelain sells out.
This was originally my thought to order early and try before the TSV day and be able to make up my mind if I need another one but shall resist it for now. I received an email this afternoon to grab this TSV, never received one like this, wonder if they have too much stock however 36 000 were sold in the last hour.

I wouldn't say it looked warmer on. It would be hard to be paler than me, Porcelain is my usual shade & Fair in BM, Fairly Light is far too dark & yellow. I've yet to find a high street foundation pale enough, they all look jaundiced on me even the palest shades. I got tested with the Boots No7 thingy & they recommended Calico, the palest, though admitted it might be too dark which it is. It looks yellowish grey on me.
I've worn this new LG all today & it's fine. Like it so much I've ordered another set in case Porcelain sells out.

That's very helpful Breeze, thank you. We use the same shares in BM and B&B so if this new version looks ok on you then I think I'll give it a go :) The lack of true cool porcelain shades on the high street is truly frustrating isn't it? The vast majority of the palest shares in ranges always have yellow bases.

Last edited:
This was originally my thought to order early and try before the TSV day and be able to make up my mind if I need another one but shall resist it for now. I received an email this afternoon to grab this TSV, never received one like this, wonder if they have too much stock however 36 000 were sold in the last hour.

Yes I received an email too. I like the collection but don't need any more. Her foundations last a life time!

They seem to have a lot of stock now sold 40 000 units and haven't hit limited stock.

I think it's very well priced. Given the weather would have thought more people would be at home to shop. Perhaps the recent grumbles about the quality of BnB and Laura has not given an explanation may have put people off?

I'm really, really fancying the B&G, but most things end up either in my pores or highlighting them.

Can anyone tell me what they think it woud be like for someone with my problem. The original is one of the only powders that doesn't highlight the little buggers!

TIA

My BNBs seem to last ages. But I must admit, i tend to wear it over a cream foundation in the winter, and by itself in the summer. So tempted by balance n glow, decisions, decisions. Also the eye shadow holiday palette is also looking good, but not sure if the individual shadows are any better than cheapie ones available in superdrug.
Has anyone had a play with the 31 days shadow palette?

Latest posts

Back