Leighton Denny crystal nail file

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Breeze

Registered Shopper
Is this any different, or better, than other crystal files you can buy in the shops?
Reading the reviews of it make it sound extra special but I already have a crystal file from M&S so was wondering if this really is better & worth getting. My nails split dreadfully.

My nails have always been weak and flaky but since using avoplex oil and Leighton's crystal file they are truly transformed. I haven't tried any other glass files but can honestly say I never thought a nail file could make such a difference. Would not use anything else now. At last a real performance product.

Is this any different, or better, than other crystal files you can buy in the shops?
Reading the reviews of it make it sound extra special but I already have a crystal file from M&S so was wondering if this really is better & worth getting. My nails split dreadfully.

I couldn't get on with them, they seemed to make my splitting and peeling worse.

i have been using leightons file for over a year and my nails still split like .... the avoplex and nail eny 7 mths use dont help at all.
my nauls are horrid.

I have the LD crystal file and have found my nails are a lot stronger since using it - have recommended it to a couple of friends. Have never had a crystal file before but owned a couple of glass ones which did not do anything special for my nails.

glad to read another positive opinion valm. I was beginning to wonder if I'd imagined the whole thing but my nails are definitely much better and I'm not one to give credit where credit isn't due!

I picked one up from Boots and its great. Really smooths the edges of my nails down, wouldn't be without it now and certainly wouldn't touch an emery board again.

For the people that are splitting when they've used it all I can say is there must be a technique. I file from under my nails if that makes sense.

glad to read another positive opinion valm. I was beginning to wonder if I'd imagined the whole thing but my nails are definitely much better and I'm not one to give credit where credit isn't due!

Me neither Bea. There's usually something that I can criticise in a product. I suppose the LD file is expensive when compared with glass files or emery boards but I did pick mineup on a Beauty Day when it was in a kit with three lacquers (All About Me, I Love Juicy and Sophisticated) for about £25.00 (and that was including the p&p). I only really ordered the kit for the nail file because I only really liked All About Me but must say also that the other colours are fab as well.

I'd try it out for yourself. My nails have never been so good since using the LD crystal nailfile. I also had a glass one before, but not so effective. I always make sure that I go from front to back quickly after filing just seal the nail off and not let water in. Seems to work.
My nails flake and split and since watching last night have discovered that's because they are dehydrated, not as I thought weak!!! So last night I sorted myself out for using slick tips twice a day and am asking for the Hydra flex treatment regime for my birthday (on the 30th), some more remove and rectify and I think I'll treat myself to some colours by the end of today!!!

Sorry, slightly off topic but didn't want to start another LD thread as there are already a few on the go!! Did anyone hear him mention in the earlier show that he was a qualified beuaty therapist? The host (can't remember whether it was Ali or Pipa) said to watch the February show regarding that....hmm, what do you reckon? LD bringing out a skincare range? :wonder:

BTW, I have the crystal file and wouldn't use anything else now - love it!

Last edited:
Sorry, slightly off topic but didn't want to start another LD thread as there are already a few on the go!! Did anyone hear him mention in the earlier show that he was a qualified beuaty therapist? The host (can't remember whether it was Ali or Pipa) said to watch the February show regarding that....hmm, what do you reckon? LD bringing out a skincare range? :wonder:

BTW, I have the crystal file and wouldn't use anything else now - love it!

I love the LD nail file too. I also heard the hint about the beauty therapist qualification and something new in February.

I find the LD crystal nail file is like the spine tingling nails dragging down the blackboard sensation. Personally I prefer the 4 sided buffer things. Nails Inc do a good one.

I have had the opi one and a Ruby and Millie glass/crystal files and the hubby got me the LD set for xmas last year directly from his website. The LD ones are so much better and it is great being able to keep the small one (which comes in a hard case) in your handbag for emergencies so you havent done more damage to your broken nail before you get home.

I really really love my Leighton Denny file, I have weak bendy very fast growing nails and it has totally sorted them out, got it in Boots for around a tenner which seems expensive for a nail file but it is so easy to use and does my nails so well, at last a product which lives up to the hype

I wouldnt use any other file I have tried a few but the LD one is by far the best for my nails. Its so easy to shape my nails now and the ends are far less likely to flake now or so it seems

Another vote here. Had other glass files but LD is terrific for my rubbish nails. (Still use Jessica products and colours though :tongue:)

I always carry my LD crystal file in my bag. I see people looking at it if I'm on the bus but I hate the look of broken nails. I've never tried a glass one and certainly wouldn't go near an emery board again. I tried to convert my best friend but she said it was too girly to bother with.

Latest posts

Back