Leighton Denny TSV 16/3/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Managed to get my AD. Sorry to hear that Leighton won't be presenting any more shows after the anniversary ones. Jackie was terrible at the launch, giggly, rude and a general turn off IMO.

Personally I connect with particular brand guests, and as I say Leighton Denny makes the presentation for me. I too have noticed that certain people disappeared such as Joseph Esposito and Kimberley Selwood, the young woman who designed silver jewellery. Do you remember when Murano glass jewellery was on all the time? I reckon that the smaller companies cannot give QVC the discounts they want so they have no choice but to leave, never to return.

The 30 day MBG is quite a burden for small firms (not really Leighton's problem) but it's worth it in terms of the exposure they get from appearing on QVC. Once they've achieved increased sales through other outlets and their own websites maybe they decide they don't need QVC anymore.

I remember feeling very sad for Leighton when his range was replaced by OPI at the spa I go to. I presume that must have been a lucrative outlet for him, and I have wondered why the spa went down the OPI road, but OPI are a huge brand. I don't want him to go ! By the way, what happened to Smashbox?

It is a 2 way street.

Yes Q would be very hard to service but what fledgling company could possibly hope to have access to the number of customers Q have. When we hear about the number of sales made of a TSV there is no way those quantities could be achieved in multiple high street stores in 1 day.

Then once they become a household name they have no further use for Q and their restrictions.

However it must be worthwhile if Clarkes/Dyson/Cannon /YC etc still have a presence even though they are in every High Street.

I think some of them fall by the wayside because they can't produce the quantities, then Q takes over the production and it becomes very massed produced and they feel that they have lost control. This is what I think may have happened to Kimberly Selwood whereas the likes of Kelly Hoppen is happy to take the dosh and sell their name.

OMG I am gutted. My order for the AD didn't process but I didn't think to check until I realised I hadn't received a confirmation email. And I stayed up for the midnight launch. :mysmilie_512:

I did not go for the Tsv as was not keen on the first drop's colours but would have been sorely tempted had the auto delivery been still available when I looked as I really liked the last two collections, seems ridiculous that there are two reviews for it already, one person is complaining that it sold out and the other one says it is his best ever set although they have not bought it, as they have too many already, what is the point of a review like that, Q really needs to overhaul their whole review system

OMG I am gutted. My order for the AD didn't process but I didn't think to check until I realised I hadn't received a confirmation email. And I stayed up for the midnight launch. :mysmilie_512:

Oh no! that's such a shame. Hopefully they'll bring the later drops for sale individually as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Ah mines out for delivery but I'm at work so hope they leave it with a neighbour :sad::sad::sad:

Check your neighbour's nails for pink, lilac or green polish when you pick it up! :giggle:

Mine's out for delivery too so I've taken off all current polish, fingers and toes, so I can have a play later.

Haha she's an old lady so if I see her in fashionable nails I'll know something dodgy has gone on lol Hopefully she's home when it comes and I can collect after work and play with it tonight :) x

Well i have had to console myself with buying 3 bottles in the M&S sale this morning. Got click click flash flash,no pictures please and jailbird, so i am bit happier now!

Ive been having a play and I love love love it!! It's just fantastic, the bag is really well made and a lot bigger than I thought so perfect for full size toietries. I hadn't used the remove and go before but it's perfect, it removed my 4 layers of Leighton Denny amazing grey is a few swipes and there was no horrible greasy or sticky hand after :) The buffer is brilliant and makes my nails so shiny! Ive only used the base coat and the lilac colour so far but they are fab. I'm sooo pleased with the tsv Im shocked lol the next drop for auto delivery is June 15th :) x

Mine's still "out for delivery" which I take to mean it's still on the Hermes van and he didn't manage to get it to me today. Maybe tomorrow!

I ordered 2 AD within a minute of each other same time and one arrived, the other didn't. It is a lovely TSV. Very pleased.

Mine's still "out for delivery" which I take to mean it's still on the Hermes van and he didn't manage to get it to me today. Maybe tomorrow!

Mine arrived today (I'm not gloating!). I don't think your local courier has received yours yet, Akimbo. The Hermes tracking "status" reports seem to go:

Order generated
Hub trailer via sorter
Processed at depot (or receipt at depot)
Out for delivery (sometimes it says Out for delivery to courier)
Courier received
Signature from customer

I know it depends on your local Hermes service but I find once it's marked "Courier received", it's with me within 1-4 hours.

Sorry Siandc, mine's just arrived. If it's any consolation the handcream is way too perfumed for my taste and I chipped two nails on the edge of a drawer last night! As always happens with polish sets, they look so pretty together but if I'm honest with myself I already own all three colours, even the green, from other brands. That said the set is so pretty with the bag so several bits, the bag and colours will go to my daughter for her birthday in April. So it's still a keeper and I'm looking forward to the later drops too.

Latest posts

Back