Leighton Denny

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is he now back in control of the company? I thought I read at one point that he'd more or less stepped away from the business.

His super speedy manicures were second to none, and it always tickled me the way he'd take over the show and start organising everybody. "Are you gonna tell them it's gone limited stock?" :grin: It's such a shame he left, his passion always inspired me to want to buy the products. Haven't seen any Leighton Denny hours since Nina left, but he was a tough act to follow in my opinion.

I've also been wondering about this as it seems like it's months between each show now. Glad to hear at least there are new items to come which means new hours. I also miss Leighton and really don't think Emma (or indeed Nina on her own) is good at all, which is such a shame.

I loved Leighton He certainly knew how to put AY in her place. I was sorry when he went but I did think Nina did a very good job. I've not seen anyone else demonstrating so I can't comment. However, I also wondered if Q were going to drop the brand. I do hope not.

nina was very good. the next best thing to lieghton but the new lady poor things is all fingers and thumbs

It was the Leighton Denny shows on QVC that got me massively into nail varnishes and products generally. I now have far more stuff than I can ever possibly use so have hardly bought anything for ages. However, I know if he came back to present shows again, I would definitely be tempted in. Nina is sweet and knowledgeable and did an excellent job as number two to Leighton but even she couldn't hold my interest for long. It was Emma (bless her!) who stopped me even watching. A shame as I'm sure she's a nice person.

Yes, it was Leighton who I liked best too. His enthusiasm & irreverence with the presenters were great. I haven't bothered with the shows since he left not bought anything from the range, mind you I have enough already to last me forever!

I liked Leighton too - I liked the way he would make sure the camera showed him applying the products, and you got a good look at the colour, unlike some of the nail shows (OPI particularly), where the camera coverage can be rubbish and it just shows the presenters talking. I liked his sense of humour. I haven't bought any LD products for quite a while, although I have just bought some rather nice bright Orly polishes.

It's such a shame that the relationship between Leighton and QVC seemed to sour towards the end, and that meant that he completely left the scene. His were always the most stand-out nailcare shows. His passion and expertise shone through, his professionalism was second-to-none... and it was always mesmerising to watch him demonstrate the colours, with his lightening-quick painting. Nobody comes close. I also liked his sense of humour, and actually the fact that he took no nonsense from Alison Young and others.

I used to feel informed, entertained and sorely tempted during every hour he presided over.

Although I can't do nail polish myself I do like it on others when it is well applied but apart from LD I have never been impressed with most other brand ambassador on the few bits of shows I have caught.

Always tried to watch his shows, found them entertaining in more ways than one!
His nail colours are brilliant, lasting, easy to put on and super colours! Come back LD we miss YOU!! :mysmilie_7:

Although not a nail varnish user,it was pleasant to see Leighton who really knows his products and could apply them so quickly on air.As a person he seems a bit more interesting than a lot of the generic guests. His ability to 'deal' with the presenters as mentioned previously made him even more likable.

Yes I don't do nail varnish but liked LDs no nonsense approach, he stayed professional even with Alison "beauty expert" Young, Princess Jackie and Cleavage Sutton mocking his accent, barely a show went past without a "yeh nor" "yeh nor" LD doesn't need QVC, everything they touch turns to poop.

He would certainly be in my TOP 3 for the Brand and for Presenting and dealing with certain comments from time to time!

In other words a true professional who walks the talk! Yes, I am a big fan and do miss his shows. Bought many of his Kits and they were brilliant! :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back