Leighton, OPI, Pro-strong or Nails Inc to strengthen nails?????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you so much for all your replies and good wishes !! I'm amazed at the responses (shouldn't be as I know what a helpful bunch you are on here).

AD - right, will sort a date asap and we can do lunch and nail pamper session whilst watching QVC Eeeek show. I'll email you my busy times in the next 2 weeks and we can see if we can fix a time. Oh and I can see your new Kitchen Aid if you've not worn it out by then !!!!!

Sunshine - I had 8 dollops of high dose chemo 4 yrs ago and my nails were fine then!!! It seems to be the last couple of years that they've gone soft and splitting vertically and this last few months in particular. Strange but could be my age too!! My hair came back without any grey which was fab. I had lots of curls beforehand and as AD will testify, I still have loads of them though it is very fine hair so no long ringlets, boo-hoo. Good luck to you too.

I think my plan now will be raid AD's stash and also use LE superbalm as well and see how I go.

Thanks a million in the meantime xx

Are all crystal nail files the same? I've noticed quite a few around lately. The LDenny one in the packet is a lot more expensive thatn some.
Molloymoo

Are all crystal nail files the same? I've noticed quite a few around lately. The LDenny one in the packet is a lot more expensive thatn some.
Molloymoo

I have tried the Nails Inc one and the OPI one and I think they are not as good as the LD one. They do not seem to file as 'finely' and leave the edge rough whereas the LD one leaves the edge completely smooth.

The set in the case is lovely and then you get one for your handbag too - my hubby got my set for xmas directly from the LD website a couple of years ago and it came with a free metal case for the little one. You can buy them individually on the LD website too so it is not so expensive.

There are quite a few on ebay at the moment as there was one in the last LD tsv and obviously lots of people bought it and split it up.

Perfect Formula nail gel is AMAZING!! after 2 years of trying everything from qvc this was the only one that worked for me,, you notice results very fast and my nails look so good now they look false :)

think I'll get a LD one - my nails are bit of a mess. I've just bought Nail Magic on recomendation from a friend - only about £10 so bit cheaper than some. Hopefully will work - fingers crossed

I totally agree that Perfect Formula nail gel improves nails no end BUT!!! it peels off next day or two, very expensive to reapply every day not mentioning the time. Has anyone else experienced this? I do clean my nails before applying the gel with nail polish remover. Please can people share their tips on how to keep it on for a whole week or please point me to the right thread. Some people report it holds without chipping or peeling up to 10-14 days, HOW? would really love this to work for me too. I tried to apply it thinly - didn't work either.

I have never had any problem with it peeling off usually have mine on for a week then take it off and reapply.. Have you been using more than one thin coat? Also I wait about 15 minutes after I apply it before going over it with the Daily Moisture :)

You could contact Ali Keenan on her Q blog as she said her nails flaked with treatment but they looked really good on the Eeek shows Tues with Charlie and they didn't look false. Would be interesting to know if a Q product helped or if time has healed the problem and certain treatment finishing. My very best wishes to you.

I have never had any problem with it peeling off usually have mine on for a week then take it off and reapply.. Have you been using more than one thin coat? Also I wait about 15 minutes after I apply it before going over it with the Daily Moisture :)
Thank you Redhead, you may be spot on. I don't normally wait 15 minutes after application, I put Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat straight on for fast drying and I also don't wait 15 minutes before going over it with the Daily Moisture because my nails are dry in no time after applying Seche Vite.
I've just re-read the instructions, it doesn't go into any detail on application. And I applied one coat and two coats, thin and not so thin, the result was always the same.

Last edited:
I totally agree that Perfect Formula nail gel improves nails no end BUT!!! it peels off next day or two, very expensive to reapply every day not mentioning the time. Has anyone else experienced this? I do clean my nails before applying the gel with nail polish remover. Please can people share their tips on how to keep it on for a whole week or please point me to the right thread. Some people report it holds without chipping or peeling up to 10-14 days, HOW? would really love this to work for me too. I tried to apply it thinly - didn't work either.

I tried Perfect Formula too but gave up as it just peeled off within a day or two.

Latest posts

Back