Lessons in Beauty TSV 5/8/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi:wave2:,

I have no interest in buying more make-up. I hardly ever bother to put it on and have loads of Laura Geller and Smashbox if I feel the need.
The only blip on my no buy radar is Honora. I know I will be on holiday, but I have a cunning plan. I can 'phone QVC at midnight on the TSV day and ask one of those lovely CS reps in Liverpool to describe the TSV to me and if I fancy it, then I could buy it......I have the overseas 'phone number for QVC in my holiday document wallet already.....

I won't be able to see Ralph however and that is a bit of a blow. Perhaps I will Sky+ his shows and watch them when I come back!

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

FART alert!:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:
This is quite worrying. What are you thinking of. "Phone up . QVC at midnight and ask them to describe it". Are you serious? You do not need any Honora stuff. Go on your holiday and forget about QVC Super f.a.r.t has spoken.

Plint, I am truly shocked by your blatant devious planning and hope you come to your senses before you let the sisterhood down. Your mobile may have to be confiscated by F.A.R.T. agents to stop you from straying...
p.s. where are you off to?

Hi:wave2:,

I have no interest in buying more make-up. I hardly ever bother to put it on and have loads of Laura Geller and Smashbox if I feel the need.
The only blip on my no buy radar is Honora. I know I will be on holiday, but I have a cunning plan. I can 'phone QVC at midnight on the TSV day and ask one of those lovely CS reps in Liverpool to describe the TSV to me and if I fancy it, then I could buy it......I have the overseas 'phone number for QVC in my holiday document wallet already.....

I won't be able to see Ralph however and that is a bit of a blow. Perhaps I will Sky+ his shows and watch them when I come back!

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

FART alert!:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Plint did you see my post of a picture of the honora TSV

Hmm, they sell this stuff at a stand in the middle of the Glades in Bromley! There's always a girl chasing me through the shopping centre with a brush strongly implying that I need to be wearing more makeup!! Think I'll be giving this one a wide berth somehow....might be nice stuff but I'm always nervous of any brand which doesn't have proper bricks n mortar stores.

Tx

Thank you for injecting a little sanity....

Plint, I am truly shocked by your blatant devious planning and hope you come to your senses before you let the sisterhood down. Your mobile may have to be confiscated by F.A.R.T. agents to stop you from straying...
p.s. where are you off to?

Hi:wave2: fairynuff,
You are right. I repent of my evil planning.:sad:
To celebrate my 60th birthday, which was in June, we have hired a villa in Puerto Pollensa in Majorca and all our family are coming - 2 sons + wives and children, my mum and my OH and me. It will be fabulous and we are all ready for a bit of sun. My mum is 82 and our youngest grandchild will be 3 months old - quite an age spread! Can't wait!
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

You are only trying to be helpful.

i dont have a game i`m just sayin that i`ve shown a pic of the TSV thats all

Thanks SCW - you know I appreciate your heads up on Honora premieres and the like. I am going to be more sensible in future, as all FARTS should be, but I may be tempted on an occasional basis and I will let other people buy Honora pearls for me for birthday, Mother's Day and Chistmas, instead of spending my own money.

:rock::rock::rock:

I must resist
help!
I am not going to watch!!

You'll find it easier to resist if you check out the Bella Pierre web site. To me it looks like bog-standard mineral makeup at vastly inflated prices. £34.99 for a small pot of foundation with nothing special to commend it! I thought BE was pricey! :11:

I think I'm safe then. Not sure that I want to buy make up from a brand that hasn't been reviewed by you lovely people before. Besides that, and this will probably put me off the LG one as well, I don't wear eyeshadow and don't wear that much make up since I've been out of work (not one to wear it around the house) so my money is probably safe though I will watch the shows.

Plint shouldn't feel so bad about wanting to phone QVC. I've been known to go online whilst on holiday to look at the TSVs (both the LE and OPI ones were on when I was away in May). In my defence I didn't buy though and this is purely I think because I didn't see any presentations with AY squealing that they were down to the last million in the warehouse! x

Hi:wave2: fairynuff,
You are right. I repent of my evil planning.:sad:
To celebrate my 60th birthday, which was in June, we have hired a villa in Puerto Pollensa in Majorca and all our family are coming - 2 sons + wives and children, my mum and my OH and me. It will be fabulous and we are all ready for a bit of sun. My mum is 82 and our youngest grandchild will be 3 months old - quite an age spread! Can't wait!
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

:angel: Good girl! well, if you REALLY want it you could always say it was a late birthday present....couldn't you?
:thinking2:

How can the F.A.R.T.S help you resist?

Would it help if you looked at your existing collection?

I dont need to look but I know what is under the bed WITHOUT LOOKING!
molton brown(2 sets from the john lewis sale)l'occitane,some clinique,a bit of lancome and 4 tubes of cleanse and polish with the cloths,one skin tonic to replace the faulty one from the tsv from the other week
numerous yankee sets,yankee tart warmers and samplers.two shades and an electric plug in tart warmer,never used.some candles and 2 burners from yankee doodle,6 large yankee candles
oh and a kipling bag in flare which was a tsv ages ago
I dont need to resist because I am not buying for ages!and I dont need to watch either!

Well done!

QUOTE=queenie;247051]I dont need to look but I know what is under the bed WITHOUT LOOKING!
molton brown(2 sets from the john lewis sale)l'occitane,some clinique,a bit of lancome and 4 tubes of cleanse and polish with the cloths,one skin tonic to replace the faulty one from the tsv from the other week
numerous yankee sets,yankee tart warmers and samplers.two shades and an electric plug in tart warmer,never used.some candles and 2 burners from yankee doodle,6 large yankee candles
oh and a kipling bag in flare which was a tsv ages ago
I dont need to resist because I am not buying for ages!and I dont need to watch either![/QUOTE]

Well done Queenie!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:[

My daughter has tried a lot of the MM brands. Bella Pierre was the first she used. She has given it a huge thumbs down. Says it gives a weird finish.

She has also used Lily Lolo and L'Oreal plus another American one that I can't remember.

She always goes back to Bare Escentuals. She has no trouble with itching like some do. She used to get a lot of spots with liquid foundation but has no spots apart from odd hormonal one with BE. She's 21.

You'll find it easier to resist if you check out the Bella Pierre web site. To me it looks like bog-standard mineral makeup at vastly inflated prices. £34.99 for a small pot of foundation with nothing special to commend it! I thought BE was pricey! :11:

Bella Pierre was the brand that was sold by one of the isle vendors in Bluewater ( One of those that Hijack you ), its not bad for a mineral foundation lots of deifferent shades and the eyeshadows are very good value and last for ages, however its not "special enough" to make it a repeat purchase for me .

Latest posts

Back