Lily o brian guest

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes i do. They were a real mixture, i remember the nougat ,jelly fruit and the white box.
This is such a trip down memory lane.

Yes, I do! We're showing our age now - next thing you know we'll be reminiscing about lemonade bottles with marbles in the stoppers and the Corona delivery man!

No don't remember this. I remember the cresta drinks that had a picture of a polar bear with sunglasses on the label .

You're obviously too young LLE!

Another favourite - Cream Soda! I know you can get it again now but somehow it doesn't taste the same..

There used to be 2 sorts of cream soda, a green one and a clear one similar to lemonade, can't remember what the difference was other than colour.

Don't remember a green Cream Soda China Girl ...when I was young my parents would allow me a tiny glass of ginger wine at Xmas and I loved it - but (and you reminded me) THAT was green, but these days when I've bought any it's always been brown like sherry...anyone throw any light on that?

Yes, you're right about the Hazelnut Whirl wrapper colour, the colour in my minds eye fading along with my memory!!

I still miss Nux bars? - replaced by Picnic, just not the same. And bring back the tradional Mars bar, the glorified Milky Way ones come nowhere near!

I only buy a bar of chocolate once a month and last week I tried a Hersheys Cream Chocolate and Hazelnut bar I found in Tesco. It was divine, but I won't buy it again as abolutely no product information whatsoever, which I thought was a bit strange?

I've never been big on sweets but I remember liking Callard & Bowsers butterscotch, and liquorice toffees. They use to be sold in packets, my gran use to buy them.

British Airways served a LilyO'Brien chocolate pud on my flight to Florida the other week. Very nice it was too, even if a tiny, plane-sized portion.

When did you go Eric's Mum? I work there lol
I don't like the Lily chock we have, down the back we have Lily choc mousse desert, too sweet, give me Cadbury any day

Just remembered another one reading your post Fraz...Needlers Orange choc bars! I know Terry do one now, but natch, not the same as it was! And what about Five Boys choc bars, when I was a nipper...luvly..!

How strange you should mention that Carol, my sister just loves Terry's orange chocolate cream, they come as twin bar in plain chocolate. I always take her some kind of orange treat when I visit, the local shop I could get the Terry bars from no longer stocks them. I usually look online for something now.

I'm amazed Thornton's don't do a just orange cream selection, they are popular. Prefer Fry's Chocolate Cream myself! :tongue:

Didn't there use to be a milk tray bar with different centres or something similar? - or is that what the Five Boys was?

Its weird, there was another thread that started out about something , cant remember what, and it turned into a thread
about different foods in parts of the country, and now this one started out about Lily O'Brien and now gone onto different
types of chocolate. We all seem to have a tendency to talk about food and chocolate. wonder why LOL ????

Anything then?? lol. Well anything in plain chocolate. Ooo can you still get Old Jamaica? I liked that although I really do prefer milk chocolate.

Not quite anything Tinks I like to think myself a little discerning lol.
I had a real thing for Old Jamaica when I was pregnant, I couldn't get enough of it. Someone else mentioned Frys - now their peppermint cream was lovely as well - yum.

Almost forgot Dime Bars - another exception to the plain chocolate rule!

Latest posts

Back