Liz Earle TSV 19/05/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love the LE balm and did waiver for one moment…. But I’m currently using one of the Aldi dupe balms…the original one that is ? a dupe of Emma Hardie. And it is totally fabulous. I’m loving the fragrance, the texture…it just glides over my skin. And it’s £6.99…

I see Q have "pinched" reviews from LE's website for the cleansing balm which I think is a bit sneaky although other may disagree, as they will no doubt use them to aid shifting the set on the tsv day even though the reviews are just for the balm and not the set itself, no doubt they will be boasting how many 5 star reviews there are already. Would be far more transparent of them to just add a link to the Le website confirming you can read the reviews of the balm on there but that would be well beyond their capabilities
QVC seem to do this quite a lot with products.

Claire, what is the packaging like please? I need this!!
IMG_4067.jpeg

Claire, what is the packaging like please? I need this!!
Posted below… sorry it’s so big not sure how to amend the picture!
My store often has beauty products up by the checkouts, where the chewing gum and batteries are.. so worth looking there.

I don’t think they do the cleansing cloth anymore…

In the last photo on the article - in the red dress - if you look closely she does look mid fifties!

Somebody said in the comments she is “deluded” and I think it’s as best an explanation as I can find

I bought 2 of the cleansing balms 100ml with two towelling cloths and a body butter for £60.00 not a bad price because I dont like the Liz Earle cleanse and polish.Works out at £20.00 and item. Not mega cheap but the balms are really luxurious and very lux. The smell is devine

I see Q have "pinched" reviews from LE's website for the cleansing balm which I think is a bit sneaky although other may disagree, as they will no doubt use them to aid shifting the set on the tsv day even though the reviews are just for the balm and not the set itself, no doubt they will be boasting how many 5 star reviews there are already. Would be far more transparent of them to just add a link to the Le website confirming you can read the reviews of the balm on there but that would be well beyond their capabilities

QVC seem to do this quite a lot with products.

A lot of companies do this John Lewis, Boots etc.... here are a couple of examples

Last edited:
I bought 2 of the cleansing balms 100ml with two towelling cloths and a body butter for £60.00 not a bad price because I dont like the Liz Earle cleanse and polish.Works out at £20.00 and item. Not mega cheap but the balms are really luxurious and very lux. The smell is devine
I won’t pay for the LE C&P as there are cheaper better versions out there. But I totally love the new balm! Worth getting when there’s a decent offer…

I won’t pay for the LE C&P as there are cheaper better versions out there. But I totally love the new balm! Worth getting when there’s a decent offer…
It is really nice better than Elemis balms they break me out but then all Elemis products do that. This is nice and it will last me many months its very rich and goes a long way. I am the same age as Liz Earle and I look much younger than her and I am substantially poorer.

Claire, do you use it the same way as cleanse and polish. I like my cleanse and polish, but have just opened up a new one, and it is not the same consistency as my previous stash. Very liquidy. Not happy.

Claire, do you use it the same way as cleanse and polish. I like my cleanse and polish, but have just opened up a new one, and it is not the same consistency as my previous stash. Very liquidy. Not happy.
It’s better on a double cleanse. Use the C&P first then take a pea sized amount and warm it in your hands then massage it over your face and neck.

Add a small amount of warm water and it will emulsify into a milky texture then use the face cloth - which is a really good quality face cloth - and then take it off.

I prefer to do it this way because it means the debris is removed first, to then have maximum impact with the balm.

I am just a tad concerned to read that some have said that the balm crystallises as it gets older!!

It is really nice better than Elemis balms they break me out but then all Elemis products do that. This is nice and it will last me many months its very rich and goes a long way. I am the same age as Liz Earle and I look much younger than her and I am substantially poorer.

I must admit I only use it in the evening. I like a balm to take off makeup and SPF. I use a bit more than a pea size…I massage it all over my face, add a bit of water and then use a face cloth to remove. The cloth thwt comes with the balm is lovely, but I knit my own facecloths that I really like.

The Aldi hot cloth cleanser is really good, and is a permanent item on the shelves now. Also, Superdrug’s vitamin e hot cloth cleanser is very good.

It’s better on a double cleanse. Use the C&P first then take a pea sized amount and warm it in your hands then massage it over your face and neck.

Add a small amount of warm water and it will emulsify into a milky texture then use the face cloth - which is a really good quality face cloth - and then take it off.

I prefer to do it this way because it means the debris is removed first, to then have maximum impact with the balm.

I am just a tad concerned to read that some have said that the balm crystallises as it gets older!!
Thank you C-Lion.

I must admit I only use it in the evening. I like a balm to take off makeup and SPF. I use a bit more than a pea size…I massage it all over my face, add a bit of water and then use a face cloth to remove. The cloth thwt comes with the balm is lovely, but I knit my own facecloths that I really like.

The Aldi hot cloth cleanser is really good, and is a permanent item on the shelves now. Also, Superdrug’s vitamin e hot cloth cleanser is very good.
Thanks Claire.

Latest posts

Back