Liz Earle TSV 28/5/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This seems like a resonably priced collection. I think I may well go for this one, as I too am eager to try the new eye cream.

Is this the first time the C&P has appeared in a 200ml pump format?

I don't know yet whether to order the TSV or not, I would love to try the eye cream, but don't know about the moisturiser as the ingredients changed and I am currently using the old formula (and I tried the neroli version when I went to London last year and found the fragrance too strong) . And I am waiting for July's Elemis TSV... :)

What's in the elemis July tsv please? X

This seems like a resonably priced collection. I think I may well go for this one, as I too am eager to try the new eye cream.

Is this the first time the C&P has appeared in a 200ml pump format?

No, it was BPOTM as a 200ml pump.

I've been using LE since her first appearance on QVC and still have a few favourite products from the range but my skin seemed to take a dislike to the Skin Repair a few years ago. I can't use the Superskin items either which didn't really surprise me. I do have a few Superskin products for sale in The Drop if anyone's interested but I need to get through my stock of C&P, IBST and Eyebright before purchasing more so I'll be giving this TSV a miss.

Excuse my ignorance and going off topic but what, may I ask, is The Drop?! Thanks!

I don't know yet whether to order the TSV or not, I would love to try the eye cream, but don't know about the moisturiser as the ingredients changed and I am currently using the old formula (and I tried the neroli version when I went to London last year and found the fragrance too strong) . And I am waiting for July's Elemis TSV... :)

You have to buy it because you've been wanting a superskin Liz Earle TSV for ages ;) (Only kidding - I just remember your 'name' as you were really keen for the last or one before that LE TSV to be a superskin one when I was asking for advice on something!)

Actually do you mind me asking, you, and a few others, have said they may pass on this tsv as you're waiting for the Elemis one in the summer. Now, I got into Liz Earle as a dear friend used to buy it for me for birthdays and Christmas when I younger and I have bought a few TSVs for myself (can't afford the range at anything like full price!) But - having only really tried the Pro Collagen which I was "gifted" and which I hated! - I wouldn't have thought of LE and Elemis customers as the same group and have always thought of Elemis as being far too pricey for what it is. So am wondering if I'm wrong on that front and whether i should give it a second chance and try their tsv instead of the LE one (can't get both!)?!
Any thoughts gratefully received... Thank you!

ATM I am using as a moisturiser Skin Blossom Age Resist face moisturiser (testing second bottle having been asked to review it) and I have to say, minor pump niggles aside, have been really impressed with the results - reminds me of LE skin repair but more firming... Great price too and all natural :)

You have to buy it because you've been wanting a superskin Liz Earle TSV for ages ;)
That's right.:) But that was before they have changed the formula of the moisturiser and before I have used the tonic and realized it is not the same any more (the beautiful scent is almost gone, someone had mentioned it here on the board as well). I have also read some customer complains about the cleanser being different now. So the only thing I would be interested is the new eye cream and up to now, I don't see me buying the TSV.

Actually do you mind me asking, you, and a few others, have said they may pass on this tsv as you're waiting for the Elemis one in the summer. Now, I got into Liz Earle as a dear friend used to buy it for me for birthdays and Christmas when I younger and I have bought a few TSVs for myself (can't afford the range at anything like full price!) But - having only really tried the Pro Collagen which I was "gifted" and which I hated! - I wouldn't have thought of LE and Elemis customers as the same group and have always thought of Elemis as being far too pricey for what it is. So am wondering if I'm wrong on that front and whether i should give it a second chance and try their tsv instead of the LE one (can't get both!)?!
Any thoughts gratefully received... Thank you!

ATM I am using as a moisturiser Skin Blossom Age Resist face moisturiser (testing second bottle having been asked to review it) and I have to say, minor pump niggles aside, have been really impressed with the results - reminds me of LE skin repair but more firming... Great price too and all natural :)
Up to now I haven't tried Elemis yet but in the July TSV there will be a full size of the cleansing balm (that one I have tried and liked) and I would like to try the rich version of the moisturiser.
The point is I have never had this "WOW" experience with LE, o.k., I like the cleanser, but the moisturisers don't do anything special for my skin, they don't give me that typical LE skin. I think Liz Earle as well as Elemis are on the pricey side and I like to take advantage of the sets that are sold as a TSV, just thought that it is time to try a new range. But like you, I cannot afford every TSV and I decided to go for the Elemis one. I also have some L'Occitane here because I won a set of their Divine range around Christmas last year, it is worth 200€ if I would buy everything seperately but I am not sure whether a cream which costs 80€ can be such a miracle...

Might go for this if the easy peasy pays are good. However, if there's a BAG, I'm out. No more bags, although the charity shop regulars round here love them.

CC

That's right.:) But that was before they have changed the formula of the moisturiser and before I have used the tonic and realized it is not the same any more (the beautiful scent is almost gone, someone had mentioned it here on the board as well). I have also read some customer complains about the cleanser being different now. So the only thing I would be interested is the new eye cream and up to now, I don't see me buying the TSV.

Makes sense then! Why do they have to muck around with the formulas of things especially when they're popular and work and smell well?!
I have to agree the tonic doesn't seem the same and doesn't smell very special..
Not sure if I've noticed a change in cleanse and polish - maybe less invigorating so I wonder if less eucalyptus?

Up to now I haven't tried Elemis yet but in the July TSV there will be a full size of the cleansing balm (that one I have tried and liked) and I would like to try the rich version of the moisturiser.
The point is I have never had this "WOW" experience with LE, o.k., I like the cleanser, but the moisturisers don't do anything special for my skin, they don't give me that typical LE skin. I think Liz Earle as well as Elemis are on the pricey side and I like to take advantage of the sets that are sold as a TSV, just thought that it is time to try a new range. But like you, I cannot afford every TSV and I decided to go for the Elemis one. I also have some L'Occitane here because I won a set of their Divine range around Christmas last year, it is worth 200€ if I would buy everything seperately but I am not sure whether a cream which costs 80€ can be such a miracle...

Thank you for that and I really hope you like elemis when you try it.
I know what you mean about Liz Earle. When I was a teenager I adored getting the gifts of it from our friend but only because I didn't otherwise have any special smeillies etc but when I began buying some for myself as adult a few years back I wasn't blown away either and I do find it very expensive.

Anyone else any thoughts on Elemis?!

Makes sense then! Why do they have to muck around with the formulas of things especially when they're popular and work and smell well?!
I have to agree the tonic doesn't seem the same and doesn't smell very special..
Not sure if I've noticed a change in cleanse and polish - maybe less invigorating so I wonder if less eucalyptus?

I don't know personally about the C&P, it is just something that I read. At the moment I am using one of the limited edidions and I think it is the same as ever, only with a different scent. So no problem for me. But there is another product I really like from Liz Earle: The brightening mask.:) That really works for me.

Thank you for that and I really hope you like elemis when you try it.
I know what you mean about Liz Earle. When I was a teenager I adored getting the gifts of it from our friend but only because I didn't otherwise have any special smeillies etc but when I began buying some for myself as adult a few years back I wasn't blown away either and I do find it very expensive.

Anyone else any thoughts on Elemis?!

Well, I think for what it is, Liz Earle IS expensive.I guess that's why it didn't work for the second time on German selly telly. And because of the prices, if I buy, then it's the sets I go for (or a limited edition C&P if I want it).

Here is something interesting well gossip.

So the manager of the Chanel counter in my local Debehams, who has been there for 5 or 6 years at least. Well I was told at the weekend she has moved to manager of the Liz Earle counter in Boots. I thought oh, bit of a difference there. No I was told they pay much better and far less paperwork than Chanel.

My nearest out of town Boots store has recently opened a large Liz Earle counter (v happy as I love the range). The two sales assistants are lovely. One told me that Liz Earle is the only company she has worked for (and she's worked for a few over the years) which doesn't pay on commission. All the sales staff are salaried which means a lot to them in terms of having a regular income. She said it's a very good company to work for.

The one concern the girls do have though is that they can't compete with the offers available on QVC and direct from Liz Earle. They get so much feedback from customers about the offers that are available elsewhere. Even the attraction of Boots Advantage points isnt enough to compete...the upcoming TSV being a good example. I think Boots will want to address this in the long term now that they own the brand. Will be interesting to see what happens and whether it affects the relationship with QVC.

My nearest out of town Boots store has recently opened a large Liz Earle counter (v happy as I love the range). The two sales assistants are lovely. One told me that Liz Earle is the only company she has worked for (and she's worked for a few over the years) which doesn't pay on commission. All the sales staff are salaried which means a lot to them in terms of having a regular income. She said it's a very good company to work for.

The one concern the girls do have though is that they can't compete with the offers available on QVC and direct from Liz Earle. They get so much feedback from customers about the offers that are available elsewhere. Even the attraction of Boots Advantage points isnt enough to compete...the upcoming TSV being a good example. I think Boots will want to address this in the long term now that they own the brand. Will be interesting to see what happens and whether it affects the relationship with QVC.

I hadn't thought of that, but it's a good point. I suppose Boots do own them now, so a sale on Q is still a sale at the end of the day, but much less profit in it for them I would have thought?

Latest posts

Back