Liz... I Have A Confession *GULP*

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
it doesnt come easily for me to say this but in the interests of fair play i feel obliged.

last friday i ordered an item of Liz Earle mens stuff. She was on the telly at the time but i thought i would go direct to the organ grinder, and leave the monkey out of the loop for a change.

So i duly place my order (mens cleanse and polish... brainwashed or what?) on the internet. 20 minutes later i realise i would like a 3 pack of the mens body wash which i have had before from the monkey, and it was v nice. I cant modify the order on line so i rang customer services - it is 9.45pm friday evening.

the lady was lovely. amended my order to include the extras and made sure i would only be sent a single parcel and charged one P&P fee. Oh, the P&P was only 3 quid....

parcel just arrived in adequate but not over the top packaging (bubble wrap envelope). when opened, each of the 4 items was beautifully and individually giftwrapped in tissue paper and a LE sticker. There was a freebie of another mens product, a glossy mag and a thank you note from the Earle-meister asking for feedback.

now i have been less than kind about Liz Earle the past (battersea life - last episode) but i have to confess that this was a mail order shopping experience which exceeded my expectations :40:

Monkey - take note!

So you are using the old Spin N Polish then BurlZ?! Fabulous stuff. Yes, the organ grinder has fantastic customer service. I also buy LE from QVC because of the superb value of the kits/TSVs but if buying a few mixed items then direct from LE certainly makes sense with one p&p charge of £3.

Last edited:
Really pleased you are pleased with everything Burlz...:1:

Did most of my Xmas Pressies from her beautifully wrapped or gift boxed and all the gift tags written out for me, and all delivered here to me for £4.95, QVC charge me £3.95 an item then double it for P&P.

Ordering direct from her site has always been a pleasure. The parcel comes speedy quick, everything is wrapped so beautifully and there's always at least one freebie.

She should pass on some of her customer care tips to QVC while she's on shilling her wares.

I have always been really pleased with orders I have placed - arrive quickly, well wrapped and one pa and p charge. I buy offers and TSVs from QVC but when she is on selling her usual stuff I find myself shouting at the telly - 'look at her website, yoi'll save a fortune!' - saddo that I am...

Order all my LE products direct from her. I only buy the LE TSV from QVC.

Her CS is brillant. They are always so helpful and friendly. Plus the products always arrive within a couple of days and are lovely wrapped.

Thumbs up to LE CS - one of the best.

Order all my LE products direct from her. I only buy the LE TSV from QVC.

Her CS is brillant. They are always so helpful and friendly. Plus the products always arrive within a couple of days and are lovely wrapped.

Thumbs up to LE CS - one of the best.

Couldnt agree more!
X

I echo everything that has been said already!

Really good company, the reasonable postage, well wrapped, freebies and fast delivery.

My only problem is that I can't afford more her stuff!! Hehee!

I don't really buy LE from QVC anyone - I'm not convinced they are cheaper - could I be wrong??

I echo everything that has been said already!

Really good company, the reasonable postage, well wrapped, freebies and fast delivery.

My only problem is that I can't afford more her stuff!! Hehee!

I don't really buy LE from QVC anyone - I'm not convinced they are cheaper - could I be wrong??

No, TSV's are good value, but along with Lakeland and Joanna Sheen (craft) she rates as top customer service.

No, TSV's are good value, but along with Lakeland and Joanna Sheen (craft) she rates as top customer service.

Ahh, I will have to keep a better look out for her TSV's! The ones I've seen of late seem to be filled with travel sizes, which I'm not really interested in.

What about the LE duo's and regular sets on QVC? Are they better value?

I ordered £80+ from the site on Friday and was entitled to the advertised free gift, worth about £23. I was delighted to receive a small sized body scrub and the Body Try-Me kit too! As ever, the service was first-class and the items are beautifully wrapped.

Burlz, I bought the Men's Cleanse and Polish for my son. He loves the shaving cream and moisturiser and I think he'll love his own C&P.

I still think the TSVs are great value and they have introduced me to products I may never have tried before, such as the facial exfoliator and the hip and thigh gel, so I'll keep on buying them.

Highly rate Liz Earle direct. The customer service is excellent, the staff are friendly, the items arrived beautifully packaged, and speedy delivery. Can't fault their company. Can't rate them highly enough!

Ahh, I will have to keep a better look out for her TSV's! The ones I've seen of late seem to be filled with travel sizes, which I'm not really interested in.

What about the LE duo's and regular sets on QVC? Are they better value?

Hi Lola, Liz is cheaper for example, her cleanse and polish duo is £21 plus £3.00 P&P, QVC is £23 plus £3.95 P&P, and her cleanse and polish trio is £28.50, QVC £33.76 (same P&P as for duo)

I would never have heard of her if it wasn't QVC though.

Last edited:
I realise this thread has probably closed but have to add my bit. I have recently started buying direct from Liz Earle (first few times from her ebay store) and then direct from her website. I was totally amazed at the tissue paper and stickers and little freebies and £3 flat postage.

Mind you, I also first heard of La Liz on QVC!:1:

I ordered a gift box last week for a Christmas present, and myself some cleanse and polish while I was at it. When it arrived I received 2 complementary items, one a full size product, which I was really pleased with. The orders always arrive very quickly and I could not be happier - they really know how to look after their customers.

I often buy straight from her website because you can get exactly what you want and only one lot of p&p.

I think Liz's site is awesome and can be so much cheaper to buy from there for my staples as the p&p is great £3 for everything!! However I still buy the TSV's as I think these can be fab value!!

I also got the advertised gift for spending over £80 and thought it was fab as got lots of xmas pressies and then got the free gift as a present for me on top!!

I one ordered the full size hip and thigh gel (or whatever) at £20 when it was new and I later placed another order. When I ordered the gel there was a glitch on the PC and although the order went through my card was not charged. I received the goods and the second order which was processed normally.

Well after a week I "coughed up" to the error and spoke to a very nice lady on the phone - don't they all speak beautifully. The lady went through it all, thanked me for phoning and said there would be no charge for the gel and they would investigate how the error happened.

THAT was customer service indeed and to be honest there is very little that would tempt me to buy LE from QVC, only perhaps a TSV.

I had an adverse reaction to the spot-on after using it for ages with no trouble, they let me return it no problem whatsoever. I think Liz Earle and Lakeland (another of my favourites) just about tie as the best companies around for customer service.

Latest posts

Back