Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mike, flogging extension lead, says if you go down to the shops and get a wall socket for two plugs with two usb ports in it, it will cost you £35 and then you've to pay for an electrician to turn off your power and wire it in for you.

Where do you buy your plugs Mike, Harrods? :rolleyes: I did shop for wall sockets a few weeks ago, bought from Amazon, 1 x single plug wall socket, 1 x double plug wall socket, 1 x double plug wall socket with two usb sockets and 1 x light switch and fitted them all myself, total cost £30.53p.
I bought a branded surge protector extension lead from Amazon with six sockets, two USB and 2 USB-C sockets for £16.95.

My goodness, that aifryer looks as if the heating element has come from an old fashioned electric heater. Was trying to think what it reminded me of - a top loading washing machine toy I had crossed with the drawer you’d pull out to get the ashes out of a coal fire (both back in the 1950s).

And it costs £79. I bought my Phillips air fryer for same price but it’s got 10 different functions and it’s wi-fi enabled.

You simply cannot sit back and watch an individual like him conning people. Now, he either knowingly conned them by suggesting the air fryer was £320 elsewhere or previously at Ideal World, but without any evidence of such a grand claim. Or he just continued in the mindset that he can say whatever he likes, spontaneously and ill thought out, or at all. Or he unknowingly conned them by what Kindergarten Gallery was telling him on price via talkback. That being the case, the Gallery kids indirectly conned people, through him. None of these seedy scenarios are a very palatable suggestion.

There are vulnerable shoppers making up part of their core, targeted demographic. Older, generally cash conscious, and not very Net equipped. They deserve honesty on price. They don’t deserve to be seriously misled (AKA CONNED) by a shopping TV channel being hugely disingenuous in their pricing comparisons approach. The irony is, if just they played the ‘family ticket’, making these people feel like they are ‘part of something’ they could potentially better encourage sales that way, rather than by suggesting items they sell are priced as hundreds more elsewhere. SHAME on them.
Well said, Duke 👏🏻

He was and that Scottish team had many great players.

But winning one match is not the same as triumph in a tough world cup campaign.

The next team to beat Man City do not become champions.

Just saying.

It is if you're the wee guy and you've just beaten the World Champions at their Wembley home, a team who had been undefeated for a couple of years. 15th April 1967 will forever be known for Scotland being crowned the Unofficial World Champions. As they say on IW "bragging rights" were won that day. ;):ROFLMAO:

PS

As well as becoming unofficial World Champions, we lifted this trophy for winning the Home Internationals tournament, which was also the first qualifying match for the 1968 European Championships. So was quite an important match to win.

HI.JPG

Latest posts

Back