Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The other day Saint Sally was selling frumpy tops and skirts, some plain and some patterned.

She imparted the following advice. If you wear the patterned top you need to wear plain trousers with it.

Thank goodness Ideal world employ fashion experts to advise us as I would never have thought of that🤔

That rent a bedspread stuff on her ‘clothes’ rail was typical of what my then wife took home on her’s after another unsuccessful car boot sale selling at Milton Keynes Hospital in the early 1990s. The irony is she actually sees herself as some sort of fashion guru. I see her more as an expert on toilet rolls. Both selling and using.

It is if you're the wee guy and you've just beaten the World Champions at their Wembley home, a team who had been undefeated for a couple of years. 15th April 1967 will forever be known for Scotland being crowned the Unofficial World Champions. As they say on IW "bragging rights" were won that day. ;):ROFLMAO:

PS

As well as becoming unofficial World Champions, we lifted this trophy for winning the Home Internationals tournament, which was also the first qualifying match for the 1968 European Championships. So was quite an important match to win.

View attachment 28672
Yes, that Scots team never really reached its peak with the likes of Dennis Law, wee Jimmy Johnson, Jim Baxter & Co. By the time they reached Germany in 1974 they were over the top.

Batteries…Oh God…More things you last craved for when your Sony Walkman was out of power…Get that decorating table a rockin’, Boy… You have a lot more where that came from to put back in the Nova round the back later…Stock is flying out the door….Like a TWA 747 in a museum hangar it is…

Last edited:
Batteries…Oh God…More things you last craved for when your Sony Walkman was out of power…Get that decorating table a rockin’, Boy… You have a lot more where that came from to put back in the Nova round the back later…Stock is flying out the door….Like a TWA 747 in a museum hangar it is…
Our Bet probably needs them for her "fun time" toys that she shares with Pedro. 🤣🤮

Mike plugging a watch for Saturday, Christoph Duchamp Radillion, starts off saying it's Swiss made, then a few seconds later became Swiss Design. Probably realised that Swiss made watches aren't usually assembled in the Far East with Seiko NH movements in them. :eek::ROFLMAO:
Yes I noticed this and he also described it as quartz at one point. Not bad for someone who "knows" his watches🤣😂😃

Yes I noticed this and he also described it as quartz at one point. Not bad for someone who "knows" his watches🤣😂😃

He knows very little, I've never heard him say anything that would suggest he "knows" about watches, the only things he says is, big, heavy, looks sexy, looks great on the wrist, it's Swiss made (of course if Swiss made ain't on the dial he won't know the origin), will give you bragging rights, folks will ask you about it, it's been to space, got a an atom sized piece of mars in it, it's a 4 figure watch etc. I've yet to hear him say ANYTHING technical about any watch or movement they sell. Same goes for the rest of them.

Pick of The Day: Six Garden Flame Solar LED lights…£19.99… Very average price. Many similar sets around the £20 mark. I’m not trying worry you, terrify you, or water torture you…Just some neighbourly advice from the music-feeling Old Bald Fella….The Day in Question was an incredibly mediocre one.

Latest posts

Back