L'Occitane TSV 13/6/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have decided I wont be buying either as have priced it up on L'Occitane website and although I couldnt get exact matches this is what I have priced it as

Verbena Handwash -250ml £11
Verbena (foam bath) - 500ml -£18
Shower Gel 250ml - £12.50
Soap - £4
Ultra Rich (foam bath) 500ml - £18

I make that £63.50 which means TSV costs just under £46 with P&P which means saving is less than £18 which means I get the hand and body wash for "free" which I dont even like.

I know they will bump up the value on air saying that the cherry blossom is £12.50 for 250ml so its £25 for 500ml but that wont persuade me to buy.

Loccitane are offering free delivery if you spend £30 at the moment as well

http://uk.loccitane.com/FO/Home.aspx

I am not going to bother with the TSV, I used to love L'occitane but received some Soap and Glory shower cream and body butter as a present and decided that I like them just as much and they are much cheaper.

however if the TSV had contained the almond shower oil and body paste I don't think I could have resisted

Not going for this...I am even shocked at myself! But I have loads of shower gels so will wait until they are nearly gone! Will probably go for next TSV...not fair as there is the three easy pay voucher! Will just have to find something else to buy!

I really can't afford it so I'm not getting it. I actually don't feel bad either as I have tonnes of showergel in the cupboard anyway!

I love the Verbena fragrance but I won't be going for the TSV, @ one time it would have been an inmmediate order for me! I don't want all the items & can easily get into a L'Occitane shop or store that stocks the range & get what I want.Thanks to this forum I now take much more notice of the P&P costs & I would rather spend that cost on products.

I considered it and even got as far as putting one of each in my basket and going to checkout. But then common sense hit in, and you dont get the 50% discount on P&P on one of each so that took postage to nearly £12. I will save my money and visit the Molton Brown shop and Debenhams to stock up on bath stuff even taking into account petrol parking etc. it wont cost me £12 and I can get exactly what I want

I thought AY said you could have one of each and still have half price P&P on the second item if it was delivered to the same address, I night have heard wrong them but did think that it was unusual

Alexis said she was going to buy the collection for her brother in law, bet she gets her products for a lot less than QVC prices though

Think so... sorry to be vague but I did it in a hurry and didn't really look - just pressed buttons and wnet to make breakfast!

I thought AY said you could have one of each and still have half price P&P on the second item if it was delivered to the same address, I night have heard wrong them but did think that it was unusual

Alexis said she was going to buy the collection for her brother in law, bet she gets her products for a lot less than QVC prices though

I think Alison did say that but it is incorrect. You only get the half price P&P if you buy two of the same option!!!

Postage is discounted if you buy the two options. Mine was at checkout.

Did you also get the £4 off for buying two?

Yes you do get the £4 if you buy two but if they are one of each option then you pay full P&P.

Thought so which is why I have resisted (so far!) from ordering both....£12 for p+p !!

They know that having one of each is popular so why not sell it under another item number so we can go for that option and get the same savings as the single collections.

Hope I last the day as I've resisted altogether on ordering anything and keep saying to myself £12 p+p and no £4 saving to keep me in check!

:flower: :flower:

Postage is discounted if you buy the two options. Mine was at checkout.

When I was wavering I put one of each in my basket and got as far as the last page where you "submit order" and the postage was not discounted The £4 buy more save more was there but not half price postage. One of the options was discounted by the £4 and where it tells you the total discount it was £4. Probably just as well really it saved me some money:wink:
I notice on the website now its saying to phone for the buy more save more option I am sure that wasnt there last night mind you it was very late/early

No, not bothering here. I do love the scent of the Verbena, but being sensible it's still over £40 for a litre and a bit of shower gel and some soap.

I've known the time I'd get swept along in it all and have bought it, but when I really think about it, it's quite a ridiculous thing to spend that much money on (no matter how much it's "worth this much in a L'Occitane store"). It isn't. That's how much it costs. What it's WORTH is quite another thing!

Queenie what did you go for in the end? I am not tempted at all. Free postage might have tempted me!!

one of each,sounds sad but I am putting most of it away for gifts
I am one of those people who buys in advance for Christmas I'm afraid,we will use some of it here and put some aside
I liked the easy pay option,no cheaper I know but good because its not as much to pay out in one go

after moaning often enough about them not doing male-friendly TSV's, overloading every set with bodly lotion etc i felt it would have been churlish not to buy when they do exactly what ive been asking for. so i have a verbena set on its way . its true its a stupid amount of money for stuff that gets washed down the drain but ive tried going back to high street brands and they just dont do it for me.

I didn't find this too difficult to resist :talking: I'll only use premium brands but I'm not too fussed about the flavour - shall just go around the stores when the sales start (next week?) and pick up whatever is on offer, whether it be L'Occitane, Molton Brown, Bliss etc. :happy:

I went for the floral set and will probably give one of the shower gels away as a gift later in the year. It was the last day to use my 10% off voucher so it cost £41.92 including delivery. I am almost out of shower gel/bubble bath so am telling myself it's Need as well as Want. I get itchy skin from most high street shower gels but never with L'Occitane. Although spending £42 on shower gel is not exactly economical.

I didn't find this too difficult to resist :talking: I'll only use premium brands but I'm not too fussed about the flavour - shall just go around the stores when the sales start (next week?) and pick up whatever is on offer, whether it be L'Occitane, Molton Brown, Bliss etc. :happy:

Thats my plan as well, I do like my premium bath products but can wait till the sales start

I would have got one of each but having a very childlike reaction to the P&P. QVC are missing a trick I think after all what difference is to them if you get one of each or 2 of the same its not going to make any difference to their costs so why not just apply the postage discount if you order 2 items with the same item number even if they are different flavours. Especially as they are going in and on about how you can save more if you buy 2 or more
I dont mind paying postage as long as its fair and I reckon this set probably weighs a tonne so the P&P isnt too bad but it costs the same to post 2 different sets as 2 the same.

Latest posts

Back