Lulu Album

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ooohhh a real singer that's a joy to listen to. None of this rah rah rah unintelligible racket. Ok its me sounding like my old Mum, but dear Lord, sitting in the trendy hairdressers this morning, there was rap music in the background; for the life of me WHAT is that all about ? while waiting I made a concerted effort to hear the words, but I couldn't, so I gave up. In the same vein I could never understand what Lulu was singing about either in the 60's !!!1

Back to Sinatra then.

Can recommend Barbra Streisand's latest called Partners. :clapping:

My favourite Barbra Streisand song is 'You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore' Imo she is in a different league to Lulu in every way.....

None of the above mentioned are my personal cup of tea but agree that they all probably put on a good show.

Again I think I must be the only person on the planet (excl OH) who doesnt like Mickey Bubble.

Er no, you are in good company, cos I think, why have Bubblegum when you can have the real McCoy of Sinatra ?

None of the above mentioned are my personal cup of tea but agree that they all probably put on a good show.

Again I think I must be the only person on the planet (excl OH) who doesnt like Mickey Bubble.

Michael Buble is unbearable! He's a Sinatra wannabe and I find him v cocky. And he cheated on Emily Blunt which out me off him even more!

I heard Lulu sing a single from the album on the lottery show last weekend. She said she was going to do a bluesy album because her band is great at that style but apparently the record company wanted her to one of stuff she'd written (I'm nit convinced she wrote many or much of them!)
The song itself was better than I expected tbh but v repetitive. Thought her (very young!) band were good but I found her excruciating to watch. Not sure why and I don't rate her voice, but she was trying to be so cool but trying too hard!

My favourite Barbra Streisand song is 'You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore' Imo she is in a different league to Lulu in every way.....

Many years ago I remember somebody on the radio sayin that Striesand made sheena Eastern sound like a squeaky door ...a very good analogy I think lol ...imho

I saw the promo yesterday, I couldn't bear to watch her performing, sitting on a stool kissing a microphone and wearing a baseball cap. Cringey and embarrassing.

Judging from the responses to this thread, I expect they'll be including it as a 'bonus' in a future TSV to shift the unsold copies.

Lulu on the Andrew Marr programme this morning .As usual ,sound turned off until I see somethingof interest.It won't be Lulu......

Just seen Lulu on the Andrew Marr Show and she was ok. Not my style and I won't be buying but at least she looked the part unlike Madge who dresses more like Cher every day. Let's face it, most of them are attention seekers. The ones with the best voices don't have to try so hard for attention like Streisand. Personally I think Rebecca Ferguson is underrated, classic jazz/soul voice.

Many years ago I remember somebody on the radio sayin that Striesand made sheena Eastern sound like a squeaky door ...a very good analogy I think lol ...imho

I think the context of this comment is because Sheena Easton always said she was inspired to sing by Streisand. Completely agree though.

Like many others, Lulu believes her own publicity ! I do wonder who WILL buy this album. Those in our age bracket won't - we had enough of her in the 60's. Anyone younger - as another poster said, will stick to Queen and those performers of that generation; and nah, teenyboppers don't want to buy a recording made by a Grandma ! That just leaves the sycophants at Q then.

I don't agree that Lulu and people like her are attention seekers; some people might be, but many others really love music and it is all they know and want to do. To my mind Barbra Streisand could be more of an attention seeker because she has turned herself into a recluse/enigma which makes people want you more. I think Streisand has a nasal quality to her voice. I assume Lulu's skincare range was genuinely the result of her mixing and matching products from various ranges until she came up with her own. I don't particularly like Lulu's voice, but then I'm not keen on Rebecca Ferguson's strange Eartha Kitt type of sound either. In the end I think if you like someone you will overlook all sorts of things but if you dislike someone you will find any little thing to crib at.

I don't agree that Lulu and people like her are attention seekers; some people might be, but many others really love music and it is all they know and want to do. To my mind Barbra Streisand could be more of an attention seeker because she has turned herself into a recluse/enigma which makes people want you more. I think Streisand has a nasal quality to her voice. I assume Lulu's skincare range was genuinely the result of her mixing and matching products from various ranges until she came up with her own. I don't particularly like Lulu's voice, but then I'm not keen on Rebecca Ferguson's strange Eartha Kitt type of sound either. In the end I think if you like someone you will overlook all sorts of things but if you dislike someone you will find any little thing to crib at.

Was it not reported that Lulu was just a front for the skincare In fact it was her x's missus who developed it?

I didn't see or hear such a report. I'm just going on what Lulu said when she presented her range. I don't watch it now because I tried her range in the past and it didn't suit me I accepted what she said about having to mix and match other brands to get what she wanted. I don't think she was the chemist who mixed it all up but I always understood that she was involved in the whole process. Surely it will be the same with any 'name' - Liz Earle won't have been in the lab mixing it up either ?

I didn't see or hear such a report. I'm just going on what Lulu said when she presented her range. I don't watch it now because I tried her range in the past and it didn't suit me I accepted what she said about having to mix and match other brands to get what she wanted. I don't think she was the chemist who mixed it all up but I always understood that she was involved in the whole process. Surely it will be the same with any 'name' - Liz Earle won't have been in the lab mixing it up either ?

Mmmmm, but then when she was presenting 'her' range she also said that her youthful good looks were all down to all the good skincare she uses too, without any mention of any, ahem, help. Whereas if you ask most people they'd agree she looks like she's well acquainted with Billy Botox and his friends.... Pinch of salt required for me.

There's an interview of Lulu and review of the CD in the Telegraph.Its got 4 stars.I still won't buy it.Not my thing really.No mention of face cream......

Latest posts

Back