M & S not Centigrade

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I get really annoyed that M&S don't have an Irish website & their UK site doesn't deliver to the Rep of Ireland.
Their stores over here are always busy & their supermarket in Liffey Valley SC,in Dublin,is one of their busiest.
Saturday mornings in there is always like Christmas Eve.

My two sisters both work in M&S so I can use their staff discount card which is a real benefit especially last week when there was a 25% discount instore on homewares & kiddie wear,with card it was 45%.

rainbowdottie, same here with bras. Spent hours with DD one day trying on every style in the shop. We both came away empty handed but got sorted in La Senza. Hope they don't finish trading as threatened. :sad:

M&S has been a lifesaver since I moved to Australia. Don't get me wrong, there are lovely clothes over here too but between setting up a house, finding jobs and then working i haven't had a lot of time for shopping (nor the inclination to be honest!). It's so easy to hop online, order and have it delivered about a week later. I know my size in M&S so haven't had anything yet that didn't fit and it's been great for work stuff for the husband. Shirts over here are either extortionate or totally rubbish, so the M&S ones are the right balance of price and quality. Shipping to Oz is a flat £15 fee too so any time we've ordered we got tons sent over to make the most of the flat fee!

I get really annoyed that M&S don't have an Irish website & their UK site doesn't deliver to the Rep of Ireland.
Their stores over here are always busy & their supermarket in Liffey Valley SC,in Dublin,is one of their busiest.
Saturday mornings in there is always like Christmas Eve.

My two sisters both work in M&S so I can use their staff discount card which is a real benefit especially last week when there was a 25% discount instore on homewares & kiddie wear,with card it was 45%.

so they deliver to australia but not ireland??? :wonder:

the only problem I have with M and S is that I can't shop on line with them as their system does not differentiate between Visa Debit cards and Visa cards held by under 18's (can't recall what they are named) anyway when I tried to buy stuff they kept refusing my card sparking a bit of a panic on me as I knew I had money in my account. Phoned them and they told me that the embargo on Visa was to stop under 18's buying booze on line!! It really hacks me off that I can't shop on line with them and I did point out that they are the only retailer I have had this problem with. I was going to write and complain but never got round to it. Still annoyed tho as I miss loads of sale bargains. When I go to the shop I do like their skin care, the face oil is fab and I hope they never stop making it. I get my work tops there too. Food is great, it is the only place I buy chicken from.

rainbowdottie, same here with bras. Spent hours with DD one day trying on every style in the shop. We both came away empty handed but got sorted in La Senza. Hope they don't finish trading as threatened. :sad:

just can't buy my bra's there - just don't fit.The only brand I really like are Freya,which I buy online or at debenhams - and I quite like triumph.Its such a shame as M&S have some quite pretty ones there.

I buy a 34E in freya and truimph and its the most perfect fit.I commented (somehow?? don't know why or how) to one of the M&S assistants that I couldn't wear their bra's - and she was a lingerie assistant and said I'd probably be a about a 36GG/H :confused:

Don't think so - their 34E is too big.I just can't be bothered with it all.Stick to what I know :whew:

so they deliver to australia but not ireland??? :wonder:

Unbelievable,isn't it?
Even more so is the excuse they give,they deliver to countries that don't have easy access to their stores.

Would be laughable if it wasn't so bloomin' annoying.

They make so much money over here,stores are always busy even though prices are much higher than the UK especially home & furniture which are generally 50% dearer over here.

Latest posts

Back