Mally Beauty TSV - 16/12/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As I have not bought any make up from the high street, left the LG and BE TSV's, and the L'Occitane one come to that I have picked up some Mally treats this visit. It's not all for me though and I now have enough make up, shampoo, soap and shower gel, and skincare to last me to next Christmas.

I sense a new years resolution coming on. If I can keep it I will let myself buy more next christmas!

Why does a grown woman think it's OK to yell "I gotta go potty!" - especially on live TV? Good grief. Yes, of course I understand that if you gotta go, you gotta go, but "go potty"?

The mascaras I can understand just buying the one kit, as I really do replace after 3 months whether I use it or not.

Autodelivery on this much slap though... No my rule is only to stock up on mascara, skincare and maybe hand cream. Make up I stick to my one make up bag rule. It's just a basic sized kipling blossom2go, and that holds it all.
You are so disciplined Weathergirl, I could do with you as a mentor.

Her make -up stuff looks really great on the models, a lot better than Bare Minerals. Bare Minerals looked all caked up on the models, accentuating lines etc but Mally's look very complimentary. I don't wear foundation or mascara but do use Physician Formula bronzer ( I get mine from USA)
http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/product/face/bronzers.html
and I do like my eye liner :happy:
I tried Bare Minerals the last time I was in London, and it did not look good on me at all. Mally's stuff look good, if I was one who wears make-up regularly, I would have been tempted.

Why does a grown woman think it's OK to yell "I gotta go potty!" - especially on live TV? Good grief. Yes, of course I understand that if you gotta go, you gotta go, but "go potty"?

Fear not SueG, it's just an Americanism. My 10 year old niece, who is a Kiwi lass, went to live in California for a year because of her mum's job. When my mother in law ( british but Kiwi citizen) went to visit she reported back that my niece has suddenly developed an American accent, and said "Grandma, I want go potty". My MIL knew what she meant but teased her that she wanted to go crazy instead!

Fear not SueG, it's just an Americanism. My 10 year old niece, who is a Kiwi lass, went to live in California for a year because of her mum's job. When my mother in law ( british but Kiwi citizen) went to visit she reported back that my niece has suddenly developed an American accent, and said "Grandma, I want go potty". My MIL knew what she meant but teased her that she wanted to go crazy instead!

The last time I was in the US, my very young nephew said he wanted to go potty, and I really thought he meant he wanted to going crazy too :giggle:

Gosh they are over doing it! So many hours of Mally, shrieking like a banshee. That women is like nails on a blackboard

Why has there been so many Mally hours, even as a tsv, they are overdoing it. That women has got to be the most irritating qvc guest, the voice!! Gosh Alison Young has nothing on this mare, all the OTT stuff, its all bull, I bet she is a mouse off stage.

I know, how she did a 2 hour show at midnight, an hour at 11 and then every other hour for the rest of the day is beyond me!

She has made me laugh though. Jill couldn't cope with her but Catherine and Claire can.

I wonder why Mally gets so much airtime and Emma Hardie got 3 poxy hours. Maybe it's because Mally is exclusive to Q and Emma has other fish to fry.

So its not my imagination, thst she has been on every other hour! For a man its preety boring with all the cosmetic hours. Some balance needed at Q

It looked as though Amica was told not to smile in the after shots earlier this evening, she was struggling to keep her face relaxed so as not the show any emphasised laughter lines around her eyes. Usually they let Amica smile as she does have a very warm and attractive smile.

Jude xx

Why has there been so many Mally hours, even as a tsv, they are overdoing it. That women has got to be the most irritating qvc guest, the voice!! Gosh Alison Young has nothing on this mare, all the OTT stuff, its all bull, I bet she is a mouse off stage.

I bet you she isn't.

I know, how she did a 2 hour show at midnight, an hour at 11 and then every other hour for the rest of the day is beyond me!

She has made me laugh though. Jill couldn't cope with her but Catherine and Claire can.

I wonder why Mally gets so much airtime and Emma Hardie got 3 poxy hours. Maybe it's because Mally is exclusive to Q and Emma has other fish to fry.

She has so much nervous energy but you can't knock her passion and enthusiasm. I think Claire did a fantastic job with Mally, she didn't shut her down but really nicely kept bringing her back to the point. I only missed one of her hours today whilst I went to the supermarket but have caught every other whilst I've pottered in the kitchen. I find her so entertaining and she makes me laugh too.
I wonder if they are able to influence the amount of airtime they get and it may be negotiated into their 'contract' and the prices. She strikes me as being one of those people who will put as much effort in as she can to front her products - good luck to her.

You could be right. What a gob she has!
When I was watching her this evening my mind wondered, and then I saw Mally in my mind's eye shouting at a stole selling vegetables shouting "One scoop for a pound!".

Last edited:
They are doing the best to get it to sell out. The Elemis and Laura Geller ones did not sell out, i wonder if they will get the message that we want cheaper TSV'S. Its great value if you need/use all the bits but i don't need the liners or lip products so i am not buying.

Well, I didn't succumb to the Mally TSV, even though the liners looked fab. Thanks to some of you lovely forumites, I rediscovered Avon and bought lots of the glimmerstick liners (I am too embarrassed to say how many, but I do get through a lot of liner!) and 2x argan oil shampoo and leave in conditioning treatment (thanks Bauble for the argan tip) and all for considerably less than the TSV, plus free p&p and 11% off via quidco. I am well happy!

Latest posts

Back