Mally Beauty TSV - 16/12/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I ordered mine earlier but I've watched and waited for these to come on air so I could check the colours as I might buy another set for christmas. No joy probably because the TSV didn't sell out - so I know what you mean.

Ok, ordered them. Thanks to the lovely who spoke to CS and posted the colours of the shadow stick liners in the OTO, I checked out the swatches and felt I would use at least 4.

There is a bit of duplication with my two Urban Decay Naked palettes, so feeling a little guilty. Oh well, could have been worse - nearly ordered 2 to reduce p&p but then came to my senses.

I`ve never used Mally before so I`ve ordered the 5 shadow sticks which are on 2 EZ pays. I`ll try just one of the eye shadow sticks and if I don`t like it or it makes my eyes water then I`ll pass them onto my sis who seems to be able to use any darned thing. So annoying because so many things seem to affect my eyes. Mind you sis isn`t complaining because she cops for all the stuff I can`t use.
I wasn`t interested in the TSV because I stick with the same mascara, an oldie but a goodie, Maybelline great lash, use No 7 lip glosses, don`t use eye liner and usually use mineral eye shadows from Elemental beauty but I`ll give the Mally a go.

I have noticed some negative comments about Mally on another thread- which of course is fine and what this is all about. Mainly that the products are cheap looking, and inferring from that that they must be poor quality.

I agree the Mally packaging potentially lets the product down, especially the eyeshadow sticks and eyeliners. The compacts are ok, look cheap at first glance but are actually more sturdy when you take a closer look. Mascara packaging is fine- I like that it is white unlike almost every other mascara on the market. My favourite are the lip gloss pens. Although more hygienic to have foundatiin in a tube, this can seem very "cheap high street" or Avon, and the liquid version of ultimate performance foundatiin is very tacky and cheap looking, but I love the stuff inside the bottle.

The colours can seem very bright, and "cheap" until they are applied (sparingly) and the effect is very sheer, natural and pretty- not at all like how it was plastered on Tiffany (nalintha looked better). The only foundatiin I have not tried is the buildable coverage one. I like Mally foundatiins, although I am lucky not to need good coverage, i prefer the barely- there look- those who want better coverage would probably not be impressed with Mally. As a Celebrity make up artist maybe her clients all have great skin, lol!

For the price, on the whole I think Mally could improve on the packaging. Perhaps she should cater for a wider market with foundations. However being someone who loves the natural, dewy, polished look, and own a fair bit of Mally the product quality is very high, and I would say when it comes to packaging don't judge a book by its cover, and use a tiny bit, and dab, don't drag those sponges. I keep the plastic shield on my face defender (like Jill Franks I too never ever bothered with powder). I think this stops the face defender drying out.

As someone who has used LG and smashbox, chanel, bobbi brown, mac, estee lauder, clinique, lancome, body shop, urban decay, (i forget the others but you get my point ) the results I get from Mally are so good that it now dominates my make up bag and I re- purchase regularly.

Last edited:
I didnt buy any Mally and dont own any but I thought all the models skin looked really good throughout the day in the Mally foundations- flawless, creamy and plump. I would like to try the shadow sticks as they are so quick.

i have used the concealer with the awful twilight glitter powder. it gave me more creases than the northern nights high thread count bedding and was very drying. i like makeup to melt into tje skin like the mac select concealer. pigment rich but soft and buttery. the mally concealer was chalky and drying and sat on top of the skin and the twilight glitter powder was just awful thick bits of glitter fighting with the thick claggy concealer underneath.

I resisted and each time I was tempted to jump to the phone,I reminded myself i didnt need it. It was quite liberating

The trick I have found with the mally cancellation concealer (not sure about the other one) is to apply it to moisturise under eye with brush, leave for a bit to warm up and then swoosh it to blend with third do.get. Then LG BnB or mally's powder to set. I get a good result with this, and it is more portable one than the LG one in a tube.

Hmm I was thinking this looked like a pretty good concealer from the demos. I didnt realise the fixing powder was glittery. What a shame. Im loving the concealer palette in the tahitian glow LG tsv from september and thought this looked similar .

Hmm I was thinking this looked like a pretty good concealer from the demos. I didnt realise the fixing powder was glittery. What a shame. Im loving the concealer palette in the tahitian glow LG tsv from september and thought this looked similar .

i think the name "twilight" gives it away lol

Ok, ordered them. Thanks to the lovely who spoke to CS and posted the colours of the shadow stick liners in the OTO, I checked out the swatches and felt I would use at least 4.

There is a bit of duplication with my two Urban Decay Naked palettes, so feeling a little guilty. Oh well, could have been worse - nearly ordered 2 to reduce p&p but then came to my senses.
I waited and waited for the shadow sticks to be aired and in the end ordered them without knowing the colours S I ya e 2 already and really like them. I must have missed where someone listed the ours so can anyone tell me what they are please, if not it will be a surprise, thanks

Sorry I thought you meant the one in the try me kit. I didnt notice it was called twilight.

i think it was in the try me kit bauble i bought it last year. mally had the powder on yesterday to set the concealer "twinkling" it was lol

If it helps at all, I've just spoken to CS and they have said that the colours in the 5 Shadow Stick OTO are Champagne, Purple Rain, Taupe, Gunmetal, Saddle Shimmer. I've gone for this rather than the TSV, as the colours on the show were very different to the colours on the web. I queried this with CS and, after they put me on hold for a while, they cam back and said that the colours had changed at midnight. What I suspect is actually the case is that they've loaded the details of the previous 12 piece set onto the web by mistake!

It was the.above shades posted by Dips - hope I've done this right.

Quick bump. My Mally TSV arrived today. Having been reluctant to buy it at first because of confusion about the colours, I needn't have worried and know I will use the vast majority.

In the flesh, the lip colours are really very nice. The pictures made them look odd and on air the bright lights made them look very bright. Apart from my Hermes courier dumping my parcel in the BLACK bin that had been emptied yesterday- what the hell was he thinking) gloves, detrox spray and soap later I extracted the pretty pink box from the contaminated cardboard one and opened it. I think all 3 of the lipcolour are very wearable on all skin tones, and IMO last as long as most lip glosses do. The mascaras- a given. The eyeliners, giving black away as a gift and keeping Navy and Express-o- lane. As I suspected only one of the 3 eyeshadows I will keep, as giving the jade and purple towards my friend's present. All together good value for money, so if you like Mally and didn't buy I think you missed a good one.

Quick bump. My Mally TSV arrived today. Having been reluctant to buy it at first because of confusion about the colours, I needn't have worried and know I will use the vast majority.

In the flesh, the lip colours are really very nice. The pictures made them look odd and on air the bright lights made them look very bright. Apart from my Hermes courier dumping my parcel in the BLACK bin that had been emptied yesterday- what the hell was he thinking) gloves, detrox spray and soap later I extracted the pretty pink box from the contaminated cardboard one and opened it. I think all 3 of the lipcolour are very wearable on all skin tones, and IMO last as long as most lip glosses do. The mascaras- a given. The eyeliners, giving black away as a gift and keeping Navy and Express-o- lane. As I suspected only one of the 3 eyeshadows I will keep, as giving the jade and purple towards my friend's present. All together good value for money, so if you like Mally and didn't buy I think you missed a good one.

i believe if it did not sell out you will be able to get it on an intro price like the elemis and l'occitane tsv's

My daughter received her Mally TSV today and she loves it! Fantastic quality and great colours!

Thanks Weathergirl for mentioning the 'Try Me' which arrived yesterday and I like the eyeliner, mascara, shadow and lippy- haven't tried the concealer yet. I am using in conjunction with the LG TSV blush and BB. I would never have tried Mally except for the thread because I can't watch her - she makes me feel antsy!with my new ranges honed I feel I will be a new woman for the holidays! ( well we can all dream).

Latest posts

Back