Mally Shadowsticks!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JW2

Registered Shopper
Any lovers of mally shadowsticks, I've just been playing with one of my Antique Taupe sticks annoyed that it's at the absolute end, in fact, below the top of the white casing and difficult to get another when eventually I ended up with it in bits and found that when I undid it there is loads of the stick able to use! It's easy to undo and do back up again and I reckon I've got at least another months left! Just thought I'd share :) I've tried to add a phot but it doesn't seem to work :-(

Ooh thanks for the tip - I live my mally shadow sticks ( don't think I'm anywhere near the end yet though but will remember this when I get there )

Ah, Mally caught out. Trying to get you to buy products before you need them. they all do it, loads of lipstick is left in the tube but you need to use a brush to get it out. Tubes with a good week's worth of product still in them, if you cut the bottom off.

Huge thanks JW2. I have 2 of my favourite Taupe very near to the end and have just bought another off ebay. Maybe I will get a lot more use out if my old ones now :)

This sounds good! How did you manage to undo it & get it back together?

It's actually really easy you just pull it apart literally although fairly gently, I've not put it back together completely as to use it you have to take it apart so I've left half put back together and lid on to keep it from drying out as I don't want to faff about each time I use it, I tend to use antique taupe everyday and this will give me at least a month maybe two, glad I played about before throwing it away!

Avon colour trend do a shadow stick in a similar but not identical colour called "sailor taupe" if you get desperate! I have 3 that I got when they were £1.50 each (full price £4). Quality wise they are ok but I only use them occasionally to make my Mally ones last longer. Mally richness of colour and texture is far superior than the Avon one which you need to press harder to get the same effect.

Vienna, thank you for sharing. Is Yves Rocher Luminelle good in terms of staying power and does it crease? Thank you.

Vienna, thank you for sharing. Is Yves Rocher Luminelle good in terms of staying power and does it crease? Thank you.
I don`t know until the eye stick arrives Marina. If the other items I`ve had are anything to go by, then it should be pretty good but I`ll feedback about it.

I've got two spare Antique Taupe so I should be ok for a while as I use it with Taupe or Saddle Shimmer or Rosy Taupe, oh god I think I'm morphing into Kelly Hoppen!! I've even got the curly hair lol! Taupe forever!!

I've got two spare Antique Taupe so I should be ok for a while as I use it with Taupe or Saddle Shimmer or Rosy Taupe, oh god I think I'm morphing into Kelly Hoppen!! I've even got the curly hair lol! Taupe forever!!

I have tried the Maybelline & it is long wearing but you need to use a brush to apply. I've heard that the brand Kiko has shadow sticks that are as long wearing as Mally's but haven't tried them myself! Have enough of Mally's!!

Kiko has shops in London & in Italy, Spain etc - good brand I've tried some of their stuff before when I lived in Spain a few years ago. You can order it online too but shipping is slightly pricey. I would search for swatches online first if you decide to go down that route!

Oh and in the US - Mally has just launched Matte versions of the shadow sticks in brown & black. (Review on YouTube - beauty broadcastx) Would be interesting possibly if she came out with more colours.

Last edited:
Thanks bella_bambina, how do you compare Maybelline EyeStudio Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow and Mally eye sticks in terms of staying power and colour? I went shopping today and checked out Maybelline, they now do Taupe in Matte.

I have the Maybelline Taupe and find it smudges on well with my finger. Lasting power is good too.

I've been trying the Mally amplifying eye shadow liners last few days and I'm really disappointed as they just don't seem to last where the shadow sticks don't budge on me, they're packed up ready for their journey back to Q, shame :-(

I've been trying the Mally amplifying eye shadow liners last few days and I'm really disappointed as they just don't seem to last where the shadow sticks don't budge on me, they're packed up ready for their journey back to Q, shame :-(

Me too. Mine are going back on monday. I came home from work on Thursday with one eye still done and the other eye with nothing left on the lid! Also not keen on the other colours in the set. Not a patch on the shadow sticks.

I said I`d feedback about the Yves Rocher eye crayon pencil in rosy taupe. Lovely colour, nice texture, easy to apply, slight shimmer but not too shimmery but sadly no staying power, well not on me anyway. I`ll keep using it but will add a quick flick of translucent powder over the top of it so it might stay put for longer. At least I`ve tried it and for just over £4 ( offer price ) I certainly haven`t lost a fortune. One big plus is I have very sensitive eyes and many eye products cause problems but this one didn`t.

Rimmel have brought out some shadow sticks recently that are meant to be waterproof. Not many shades but they're only about a fiver, might be worth a go. Rimmel's often on 3 for 2 or buy 1 get 1 half price in Boots and Superdrug too.

Latest posts

Back