Midnight show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
Not the actual TSV, it's been covered in another thread.

I'm a bit fed up with the "buttery soft" description, used at least 6 times in an hour. I hope they don't melt when they get warm.

Why can't Julia R pronounce Keynes as in Milton Keynes, instead of Kay-ness. Also she looks lovely in that dress but she's too old to go sleeveless - her arm and shoulder muscles are well toned but the skin under her arm is crepey and she has loads of "armpit flesh" hanging out of her top, not a nice look on close-up shots.

Also - numbah, coul-ah.

All in all I'm really irritated by this show, but I'm quite enjoying the shoes.

Another example was last night in the Liz Earle show Aloe Vera became Aloe Vayra.

Have you heard her say Caribbean? Sooooo annoying. Yes she's 53/43 and ought to dress her age. Short sleeveless dress isn't a good look at her age, particularly when you get a close up of the shoes and you can almost see her underwear. The words old and slapper spring to mind. Cover yourself up Julia!

Nice.
Before I get shot down in flames and I know everyone has a right to their views I would like to say that it's one thing to have a moan cause you don't like the way JR says a few words or think it is disgusting that she is on telly sleeveless but it's another to call someone an old slapper.

Also she looks lovely in that dress but she's too old to go sleeveless - her arm and shoulder muscles are well toned but the skin under her arm is crepey and she has loads of "armpit flesh" hanging out of her top, not a nice look on close-up shots.
Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by Bensmum
Have you heard her say Caribbean? Sooooo annoying. Yes she's 53/43 and ought to dress her age. Short sleeveless dress isn't a good look at her age, particularly when you get a close up of the shoes and you can almost see her underwear. The words old and slapper spring to mind. Cover yourself up Julia!
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
JR's arms have often been mentioned on the forum as things of beauty :dull: but they've never impressed me that much and her upper arms look awful now they are scrawny with less flesh to pad the wrinkles out. Her hair was a contrived mess again, yes Queenie we all know you've got lots of it cos you keep telling us, but that doesn't necessarily mean you know what to do with it. She looked her age last night and so not to offend her greatest fan I'l just say the word MUTTON!!!!! :tongue:
mysmilie_55.gif

I haven't heard her say Caribbean but if she is pronouncing it Caribb-ean, with the stress on the first two syllables rather than the last, then that is how it is actually pronounced in the Caribbean.

Her pronunciation of pastel as pass-tell always seems quite affected to me.

You've hit the nail on the head, BB. She pronounces words as they would be pronounced in their "own" language and while this is correct it doesn't really fit in, especially when she can't pronounce words in her own language properly.

Otherwise I liked the dress (armpits excepted as mentioned in my OP).

If you want to hear someone truly torture the English language by mangling the last syllable just watch Create and Craft/IW craft shows and it will soon dawn on you who I mean. I can't watch when the person is on no matter how interested I am in a product. Somefink, anthin' are just to be going on.

I assumed Julia's wiscut (waist coat), turkwaz and blauzoon were to sound posh but they do grate a bit. However compared to some shopping telly presenters she is well spoken if not always well behaved or turned out. I'm saying the last bit with a smile Loveheart, I'm not in JR bashing mode today.

If you want to hear someone truly torture the English language by mangling the last syllable just watch Create and Craft/IW craft shows and it will soon dawn on you who I mean. I can't watch when the person is on no matter how interested I am in a product. Somefink, anthin' are just to be going on.

I assumed Julia's wiscut (waist coat), turkwaz and blauzoon were to sound posh but they do grate a bit. However compared to some shopping telly presenters she is well spoken if not always well behaved or turned out. I'm saying the last bit with a smile Loveheart, I'm not in JR bashing mode today.

Thank goodness for that.:mysmilie_480::mysmilie_508::mysmilie_479:

i wish i had arms like julia. i have lost so much weight and i am the very wrong side of 40 much nearer to 50 and i could never wear any of those tops.
she does not look so bad it could be a lot worse.

trying not to be julia bashing-but I did think the dress was awful on her - way too short.I like her skinny legs - but not in that dress! It did nothing for her.

trying not to be julia bashing-but I did think the dress was awful on her - way too short.I like her skinny legs - but not in that dress! It did nothing for her.

I didn't see the dress in question but the frustrating thing about Julia is that she can look really good but she quite often does wear things that don't do anything for her.

Latest posts

Back