Models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mina

Registered Shopper
I wonder how much pressure is put on these QVC models to keep their jobs and how much they are made to feel part of the "QVC family" the presenters (who seem to be "that" family) talk about? Some of them never smile, always look tense and don't show off the clothes, even though that's what they're paid to do and despite the fact that they look stunning. Some of them, like the models Debra Ann, Ali and Claire always look the part and smile for the camera no matter what hideous/unflattering/ridiculous garment they're expected to wear, but some of the rest look as if they're bored to tears, miserable and can't wait to get away. Come on - it can't take that much effort to relax and smile for a few seconds at a time, surely? Isn't that what their job is about, acting a part and showing off clothes to their best advantage? Whoever at QVC trains these people needs to up their game, too, and to make sure that their working environment is enjoyable.

I think her name is Zara, but it could be Sara. She always has a smile on her dial and knows how to model clothes. But, and this comment will definitely not be PC, she is too wizened and weather beaten on her arms, back, neck and upper legs to model clothes that are sleeveless, backless, and short. There are so many lightweight, pretty summer clothes to suit her that are available on QVC. She looks pathetic in fashions designed for fit young women.

Yes, it would be nice if the models wore age appropriate clothes. I like to see some sleeveless, low(ish) necklines, they look lovely on the younger models, but sadly, like many of us that ship has sailed! I can no longer have my upper arms on show, and although my neck and décolletage are ok, it just doesn’t look right to have them too much on show either. Mrs Mopp looked lovely the other day in trousers and a jacket, so appropriate for her, and I’m sure promoted more sales than when she is sent out wearing a flimsy summer dress over a jumper and trousers! Also, the plus sized models are often sent out in inappropriate styles, and wrong sizes.

Yes, it would be nice if the models wore age appropriate clothes. I like to see some sleeveless, low(ish) necklines, they look lovely on the younger models, but sadly, like many of us that ship has sailed! I can no longer have my upper arms on show, and although my neck and décolletage are ok, it just doesn’t look right to have them too much on show either. Mrs Mopp looked lovely the other day in trousers and a jacket, so appropriate for her, and I’m sure promoted more sales than when she is sent out wearing a flimsy summer dress over a jumper and trousers! Also, the plus sized models are often sent out in inappropriate styles, and wrong sizes.
It's always a good laugh when they say "the fabric just flows away from the body", then they send out the plus-size models with the items stretched across their bellies and bums. (Are we allowed to say bums?)

Thank you! And just to clarify my comment, I am in no way criticizing the models themselves, just the stupid statements made by presenters.
Quite agree. Models have to wear what the so called stylists dress them in. I think the worst one is when the trousers rise is too short and their nether regions (front and back) are prominent. (That was difficult to put in polite words). At the end of the days it’s what the models are paid to do. Don’t think it’d go down well if they said “I’m not wearing that monstrosity”

Wonder if any of them actually wear the QVC offerings in their real lives?

Yesterday, Jenny was ecstatic about the Seasalt "linen look" jumpsuit she was wearing. The model had it on as well in a different colour. It was stretching too tightly across her bust and already you could see where the knees had bagged out. The model didn't look too happy, but Jenny's enthusiasm caught on, and the jumpsuit sold out. Many returns soon, I think. PS Americans call it a "wedgie" when a person's trousers sink into their crack. Very apt!
Quite agree. Models have to wear what the so called stylists dress them in. I think the worst one is when the trousers rise is too short and their nether regions (front and back) are prominent. (That was difficult to put in polite words). At the end of the days it’s what the models are paid to do. Don’t think it’d go down well if they said “I’m not wearing that monstrosity”

Wonder if any of them actually wear the QVC offerings in their real lives?

Yesterday, Jenny was ecstatic about the Seasalt "linen look" jumpsuit she was wearing. The model had it on as well in a different colour. It was stretching too tightly across her bust and already you could see where the knees had bagged out. The model didn't look too happy, but Jenny's enthusiasm caught on, and the jumpsuit sold out. Many returns soon, I think. PS Americans call it a "wedgie" when a person's trousers sink into their crack. Very apt!
I believe "camels toe" is mentioned on here for the front (crack can't think of anything polite)

Yes. Wedgie is exactly what I meant.

Latest posts

Back