New Liz Earle Perfume

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm afraid I can't tell you if there's a dupe, but I own 100 and adore it Weathergirl.

Thanks Ella's. Just got it in a set with a full size bottle, 50ml cleanse and polish and a lipgloss! For the same price as the bottle of fragrance on its own :)

First time I smell No15 I went, Dior Fahrenheit! I own it and still think very very similar.

No1 is quite like a classic Dior, Diorella.

i have always said it smells of diorella anather favourite of mine is that anather chypre/aldehydic/floral donna

Is this not just an Avon perfume touted under the Liz Earle name?

Avon sold the brand to Boots/Walgreens a while ago.
Since then Liz has stopped appearing on Qvc for her once a year 5 minute stint.
I have often wondered if 'her' customers know about this, customers not on here that is.

Have just received my TSV and there is a sample of the new fragrance. Not for me...far too woody and dark. But am sure others will love it.

The QVC launch will be on 1 August and Liz Earle Botanical Essence no 9 will be the Beauty Pick of the Month.

i quite like woody and dark so will test it in john lewis today. anyone who is a lover of a grand smelling gardenia and want a dupe of an expensive classic try maddona truth or dare the dry down is a startling vanilla toffee its adorable. try amazon for the best prices or e bay

Now woody and dark is right up my street.

I was expecting it to smell more "berry like" given the description. Maybe it was just the sample card. I don't always trust those things. Would have preferred a 2ml tester vial to try which is what LE usually send out.

I shall definitely be sticking to no 1. I have worn nothing else since it was launched. I prefer light, citrus frangrances so this works for me, plus it doesn't irritate my skin like most fragrances have done since I was in my early 20's. I used to get an awful rash if I sprayed fragrance directly onto my skin. No problems with LE botanical essences though...I put that down to the fact they use a very high proportion of natural rather than synthetic ingredients.

I think the only chypre I wore back in the day was Sortilege. I'm mainly a florals girl. Jo Malone's Earl Grey & Cucumber reminds me of Sortilege but no one else I know remembers it so I'm on my own with that.

Loving florals you would think I would like the Liz Earle perfumes but I don't like any. I wish I did understand what makes me like a perfume but I haven't a clue. I just have to go with the sniff em and see option.

I remember Sortilege. I think it was made by Le Galion. I quite liked it but don't know if it would be my sort of thing these days.

Perfume is such a personal thing. I remember being 15 years old and buying Max Factor's Hypnotique and Electrique with some Christmas money. Both were ten shillings a bottle and both were disgusting. My best friend at the time went for Charlie and Flair by Yardley. I hated both of them and when she smashed a bottle of Flair in the kitchen the pong really was repulsive. I moved on to Revlon's Intimate, Rochas Femme and finally, Guerlain's Mitsouko which I still use, even though the fragrance is not quite the same. In my early 20's I had a very brief flirtation with Estee Lauder's Youth Dew until someone said it had a smell like fly spray (on me, it did!) I went back to Mitsouko and I find that I'm not good at changing my perfume. Recently, a lady sat next to me on the bus and I knew exactly what she was wearing but I had to ask her. It was Houbigant's Quelque Fleur. I had total recall of my mum wearing it back in the 1960's. Unlike me, she could wear anything and smell absolutely gorgeous. It's 11 years ago since she died, but how I miss her wafting around in that scent.

I remember Sortilege. I think it was made by Le Galion. I quite liked it but don't know if it would be my sort of thing these days.

Have a sniff of Jo Malone's Earl Grey & Cucumber. It reminds me of it but I don't think its a dead ringer. Nice to know someone else remembers it!

And yes I agree perfume really is such an individual thing. I'm always interested though when someone, like Donna, posts about perfume as they really understand it and get the nuances and subleties that make up the perfume.

Life would so boring if we all wore the same perfume, it should be fun and memories.

My mum wore Tweed, Youth Dew, Moondrops, Pagan, Styx,Coty L'Amaint and Madam Rochas.

The brand I have recently discovered through a Facebook group is 4160 Tuesdays, UK brand handmade in London. Their new one Mother Nature's Naughty Daughters is a gorgeous rose,praline woody perfume that I hope to buy next month.

Latest posts

Back