Nina Leonard Sizes?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Catherine

Registered Shopper
Ok, so I was thinking about biting the bullet and trying a dress from the range. But I am bit confused about the measurements and sizes, I often get one that has the right measurements (from other ranges) but then it arrives obviously much bigger than described. Anyone got any advice on how his sizes translate into 14, 16,18 etc.

I think I'd probably want a 16 in this item, which the measurements suggest will be a XL but I just don't want it tent like. Not that I don't sometimes enjoy wearing tents, just prefer more fitted in this case! So large might be better as long as that isn't tight on the tummy. Any help would be so much appreciated, I don't want to pay double p and p to order a choice of sizes, its the principle of it! But, I want to order as soon as I can as it is a new item so I can hopefully getting any of those worn returns that , ''slip through the net''.

Thanks in advance if you have any advice! If Debbie (not Greenwood the other one) has ever said what she wears, I might try that.

Ah now no. I'd have said in most things in his range an XL would be too big. I have a knitted dress of his (in 3 colours as I confessed yesterday) and one other dress but it's not in his stretch jersey. In fact that dress doesn't have much stretch in it at all. I'm an 18/20 and in the wool dress I have both an XL and a Large. The Large fits me better but the XL is fine. In the other dress I bought both the XL and the 2XL to try for size and I kept the XL. The 2XL was too big but I don't honestly think the Large would be a better fit as it is with the wool dresses. I don't have any of his tops I don't think. I did try his "miracle fit pants" and they were nice but not really me. I ordered the XL and the Large and would have kept the Large.

When I say I'm an 18/20 I mean that my waist, hips and bum are a true size 18 but I often need more room in the boob department so on the high street I would usually buy a 20 top. In some high street (cheapy) shops I need a 22 in a top but I next to never need anything other than an 18 in jeans, trousers of leggings.

BUT Kathy Taylor in the past has said she wears and XL in Lenny's trousers. And I would normally be guided by what Kathy says but I do like trousers and jeans to fit well. I have good legs for a chubby bird though I say so myself.

I tried a cardigan of his before Christmas as I had a £5 off NL voucher but it had a curved front and the XL didn't fit right at all. It was too skimpy everywhere.

Does that help any??

Last edited:
I have quite a few NL items , mainly tops and trousers . The sizing can vary quite a bit depending on the style . My only dress is a medium and I'm size 14 and it's fine , even slightly generous. The trousers with elasticated waists I find I need a small as they are extremely roomy ! I have a NL ruffled cardi on at the moment and it's size 2xl and looks OK !!!

I'd advise to be be guided by the measurements but also take into consideration whether you want a fitted look or not.

I was too (and am!) confused regarding sizes and wanted the recent TSV so went onto the reviews and some were saying that sizes were very generous but it did depend on the material. I'm a large 12 so eventually went for small so will be interesting when the dress arrives. Debbie Flint said on air that she is a 16 and was wearing a medium. Hope that helps

Latest posts

Back