OMG Alison.....let the poor man speak why don't you!?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
I know AY babbling on is old hat but is it just me or is she actually getting worse?
I quite wanted to hear what guest Paul Yacomine had to say about his hair products but the beastly woman just won't shut up long enough to give him a chance!
All I've found out so far is that he has done all the cover shoots on the big mags & works with a number of 'A' listers - arrgghh, fuming! I want to know how his products might help the DD with the tortured hair! lol

Doubt if AY could get any worse. I just switch channels when she is on now, as she just prattles on and on. How come all she presents is cosmetics and hair care - the other presenters have to take their turn at other products.

Lost count of the number of times Gobby has interrupted guests with her constant squawking about celebs being flown in for private appointments and other such shite :18: Never mind hearing about the actual products! :51: Well past her sell by date - she should be put out to grass to join her beloved horses.

I switched over last night and could not believe what she was wearing. It looked like the top of avery old fashioned night dress from a charity shop. See through black nylon with horrible pleated bits all around the neck and shoulders and a blue vest thing underneath. She looked a right frump.

I found out what I wanted to know about the products eventually......by reading the reviews! :rolleyes:
I did notice however that when she was sat there with Lulu, she was much quieter & more attentive to what her guest was saying, perhaps because not so long ago Lulu (unlike most guests!) actually had the gumption to politely tell her to 'shut up & let her speak'!

Her attitude is getting weirder as well, definitely OTT as far as staying out of the sun goes - yesterday she announced she would be riding her horses at 5am & 9pm to avoid the sun completely!
What does she do the rest of the day then, hide in the cupboard under the stairs wearing factor 1 billion sunscreen? I know over-exposure to the sun is bad for you but that's verging on the ridiculous.....& the positively paranoid!

If, as the orginal posted says, her rabbiting on & on & onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn is actually preventing prospective buyers from hearing about the product, what it does, who's it's suitable for etc then couldn't we complain about it?? After all shopping telly , much more so than high street shops where you can ask someone or read the packing blurb, must rely heavily on the presenter's clear descriptions and demonstrations and if their 'look / listen to me me me is obstructing that then they should be told.
I recall AY saying, a couple of years ago, that she only presents beauty type shows because 'I said when I started that I was a qualified beautician with 20 years experience and these are the only shows I would do. That is why you will never see me presenting clothes, kitchen stuff or anything other than beauty products. I am the only QVC presenter who doesn't do any other type of show'. Thought it sounded a bit precious at the time but I was a relatively new customer so didn't pay to much attention. I just don't ever watch her nowadays - she sounds far too strident and shrill !
Rant over - I'll get back in my box :)
RG

I'm afraid I find her unbearable. Either my tolerance has lowered or she is indeed superseding herself in the shouty, bullying guests stakes. I simply can't watch her. She should retire and stick to riding her horses all night long as far as I'm concerned.

Doubt if AY could get any worse. I just switch channels when she is on now, as she just prattles on and on. How come all she presents is cosmetics and hair care - the other presenters have to take their turn at other products.

She isn't a presenter, she's the resident beauty expert - for you.;)

She isn't a presenter, she's the resident beauty expert - for you.;)

Couldn't we have QVC under the Trade Description Act ? I've seen a more attractive rear end of a pantomime horse. She must have all the curtains in her house closed during the day.

I like to hear about what the product can do and how good it is rather then what celeb has used it and its all in glossy magazines and its won this award and that award, literally gets on my pip!

She did demostrate a vacum cleaner once when the presenter was missing. I think it was with that dreadful Catherine woman.

It's the nasally ranting which gets louder and more hysterical as she gets more excited......over a bottle of hand-wash or summat... I've even wondered if she'll stop breathing as she reaches her screechy crescendo while the guest stands helplessly by watching her do her parrot-in-pain impression. Her voice is truly grating.:39:
Ugh.

I really hate the celeb uses it thing. Unless you are trying to get an idea of a person's colouring eg Nicole Kidman is fair, Penelope Cruz is medium, I find it extremely patronising. Years ago I was looking at new products at the Dior counter and the SA pounced with a new foundation telling me in breathless terms that Posh wears it. I laughed like a drain at the thought of anyone wanting to look like her :D I am many things but gullible isn't usually one of them. :64:

It's the nasally ranting which gets louder and more hysterical as she gets more excited......over a bottle of hand-wash or summat... I've even wondered if she'll stop breathing as she reaches her screechy crescendo while the guest stands helplessly by watching her do her parrot-in-pain impression. Her voice is truly grating.:39:
Ugh.

And the rolling of the eyes, looking in the back cupboard of her memory for the correct words to express herself and coming out with stupid expressions that don't make sense. (all in one sentence you'll notice).:happy stars:

Years ago I was looking at new products at the Dior counter and the SA pounced with a new foundation telling me in breathless terms that Posh wears it. I laughed like a drain at the thought of anyone wanting to look like her :D

I wish I'd been there, then I could've done the same! lol

AY is not only irritating but (& again, I don't think it's just me!), she seems to be getting ruder & ruder & turning into more & more of a tyrant as time goes on! Telling people what they can & can't use, what they can & can't do, even snatching things off people, binning their 'unsuitable' products (both only off-air though......so far!), she's more beauty dictator than expert! :mad:

I like to hear about what the product can do and how good it is rather then what celeb has used it and its all in glossy magazines and its won this award and that award, literally gets on my pip!

Me too! All this celebrity / it's so hip waffle is beginning to make me wonder if the products perform so badly that she has to say something/anything to get them to sell! I don't like the way she diss budget buys that people can get in the supermarket etc - that's all some people can afford and they shouldn't be made to feel bad for using it.

I never minded Alision thought she had some good beauty tips, however lately I get embarressed for the poor guests who can't get a word in. It makes me CRINGE!!!!!!

Strooth
I hope if Alison sees any of this she doesn't take it to personally. Constructive criticism never hurt anyone lol

Back