OTT American people on Q

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JulieB

Registered Shopper
I’ve just switched on and some woman from Doll cosmetics is waving and grinning like a loon, absolutely plastered with make up! I was thinking about how different British women are who are loving the more natural and fresh faced look to the American women. I find the Americans so plastic and fake and the make up they sell is crap!

I’ve just switched on and some woman from Doll cosmetics is waving and grinning like a loon, absolutely plastered with make up! I was thinking about how different British women are who are loving the more natural and fresh faced look to the American women. I find the Americans so plastic and fake and the make up they sell is crap!
From your description I think you are referring to the makeup brand "Doll 10". Am I right ?

Can't watch Mally, she's lovely but boy does she like the sound of her own voice. I am not a fan of all that Woo Hoo, clapping, shrieking presentation type. There have been some lovely American guests though, the Mr Christmas man and also Patrick of Quacker. I think the women are far too loud.

CC

I think there are plenty of US women who rock the fresh-faced look, just as there are UK women who use a trowel to put on their makeup.
When you are selling makeup inevitably you need to plaster it on.
Was the guest Doris herself, or another substitute BA?
I don’t know May, I don’t think that look is very popular in this country anymore. My daughter prefers the fresh look as do all of her friends and myself. It’s the whole over excited way they sell that irritates me.
Can't watch Mally, she's lovely but boy does she like the sound of her own voice. I am not a fan of all that Woo Hoo, clapping, shrieking presentation type. There have been some lovely American guests though, the Mr Christmas man and also Patrick of Quacker. I think the women are far too loud.

CC
Aww Patrick is lovely but agree about Mally.

With the Q being an American export many of the guests come from the States & years ago there were even more. Some are loud, others aren't, Carolyn Pollack, Suzanne Bjontegard & Ralph Rossini were delightful, erudite & calmly spoken.

Interesting, Mally might be going?

Post on Q Facebook, woman called CS and as about Mally products 14 on the website and 10 are in clearance. CS told her Mally was continuing on Q but on Facebook she asked the other week and told no Mally shows scheduled.

This is what happened to Decleor, no shows scheduled and only what is left online with Q. Now confirmed they are going.

Most of the makeup brands sold on QVC are US.

Bareminerals
Bobbi Brown
Tarte
Benefit
Laura Geller
Estee Lauder
Doll 10
Mally

JulieB, unfortunately now the fresh face look is not really in. Women in the teens and twenties follow the online trends which are in, the eyebrows, which they see on youtube channels the Kardashians etc. Not just in the US but in the UK.

One of the biggest brands at the moment is Charlotte Tilbury and her looks are not fresh-faced. She is English though. Pat McGrath is another billionaires nothing fresh-faced in her range.

Ah yes the rise and hopefully soon to be fall of the infamous "scouse brow". Fake tanned face to oompa loompa shade, several pairs of false lashes, bloated collagen injected greasy shiny lips and dark overdrawn scouse brow eyebrows. Very much favoured by reality wanna be`s and a few footballer wives plus the odd starlet on the red carpet or TV or music award ceremonies.
Copied by many and as far from the natural look as you could possibly get.
A colleague of Mr V`s who works in the office is quite open that everything about her is as false as she can get it, breast implants, botox, lip and cheek fillers, fake tan, hair extensions, eyelash extensions, over £10k worth of cosmetic dentistry and now she`s after a face lift and she`s only in her 30`s. She has regular manicures, pedicures, beauty treatments etc and openly says that her partner pays the bills etc and every penny she earns she spends on herself including designer bags, clothes and jewellery. Mr V shakes his head and I`ve explained that high maintenance women are quite the norm these days.

When I was young my SIL wore false eyelashes, it was the early 70s, She used to leave them in a little bowl, I always thought they looked like spiders.

Lots of women now get lash inserts instead of wearing lashes. Very expensive to maintain as you have to go every few weeks and individual ones fall out.

Yes, woman in their 20s getting Botox, and it is considered to be normal. Lash perming, Jesus no way putting perming stuff close to the eyes.

I got my eyelashes tinted some years back, I have fair lashes. Never again, seems it was the Vaseline which annoyed my eyes.

I used to get mine tinted for going on holiday so I could avoid wearing mascara but TBH it wasn’t much different than my natural ones after the first day.

Mine were very long but blond at the ends so looked much shorter than they actually were. Old age has thinned them out but I wouldn’t consider using those products on Q as I worry about damaging my eyes.

I agree - it's a very old-fashioned look. A very American look, really: the Stepford Wife look. An Approved QVC Look.

They all have the same make-up, the same big, Farrah Fawcett Majors hair, the same size 6 clothes, the same teeth, the same boobs. And if you look on the soles of their shoes, there is this label stuck on:

L-93346-1496176244-8905.png.jpg

Latest posts

Back