Philosophy TSV 31/10/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pure Grace = soap powder

Amazing Grace = flowery soap powder

Jude xx

Great description - very accurate! philosophy AG is the only fragrance which, when I have worn it, I have received consistently favourable compliments, better than the original Tova Signature (ie rectangular frosted glass bottle with black lid and "quilted" look white cardboard box) which received mostly "kitchen cleaner" type compliments. I loved the original Tova but am ambivalent about AG.

I love that too :happy: The big shops on the high street now stock them also. I stopped buying Philosophy from QVC, because when I bought one of their "made for QVC" sets (I bought it for the layering effect) the bath stuff did not have the fragrance, not even a faint whiff, it smelt only of alcohol :sad: Those days I did not send back items that I had already used, especially heavy stuff, so I kept the set.........I used the fragrance which was OK. I am always wary of "made for QVC" or "exclusive for QVC" somehow they are sub standard.

I agree about made for qvc sets also.. I've had substandard nail polishes from opi and nails inc that were not up to their usual quality. I was tempted by this Tsv but have read lots of negative comments on this exact set on qvc us website saying since last year the fragrance has changed and there is hardly any scent, even less than before as it has always been a light fragrance anyway. I'm not prepared to pay £45 for no scent! I would still like to try the scent, I know they sell it in selected Boots, Debenhams and JL but I don't go out shopping very often to try it. Maybe I'll have a sniff of the Amazing Grace next time I'm there. The founder Catalina sold the company to COTY in 2007 and it hasn't been the same since according to some people. I haven't tried that many products from the company but I've had mixed opinions about the ones I have tried.

I've always fancied trying the graces, and let's face it, QVC have given me many opportunities seeing as pretty much every TSV contains a grace perfume! However, I just can't pay £5.95 postage to try it, and then another couple of quid postage to send it back if I don't like it. It would be an expensive mistake if I didn't like it. Would be nice if the notification postcards they send out for TSV's could have a sample of the fragrance, like you get in magazines - if I liked it on that, then I would definitely buy. Or perhaps QVC could tempt me to try it with p&p??? Hmmm, there go the tumbleweeds.......

I admit i caved and bought the pure grace set and for the first time i have to say for hours the smell of pure grace is still there maybe the got over zelous with the fragrace oils in my bottles lol

I admit i caved and bought the pure grace set and for the first time i have to say for hours the smell of pure grace is still there maybe the got over zelous with the fragrace oils in my bottles lol

OOooh, hope thats the case with mine .... I went for Pure Grace too. My only gripe with it in the past has been the rate at which you have to reapply it. Shall have to wait till Christmas Day to find out about that though.

the perfumes do last though as other people comment on them. i had to go to casualty and the nurse commented on the ag i was wearing. recognised it as well

My set of Pure Grace arrived yesterday but I have to wait til my birthday in Feb to get it!

My mum has commented on my perfume exactly 3 times in my life, and every time I was wearing Pure Grace. Each time she said to me "You smell nice" :happy:

Latest posts

Back