Pimps and Tarts party?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

nannieA

Registered Shopper
Well is this the elephant in the living room or the emperor's new clothes?

Simon Wilson wearing a black ruffled shirt with a huge diamante brooch at the neck,Julia wearing a black top with huge diamante decoration,enormous diamante hoop earrings and a MAHOOSIVE diamante ring. Then when I thought I'm just being too conservative she puts a leopard skin bag over her shoulder.:eek:

In my day only tarts and streetwalkers dressed like this and they looked cheap and easy.

Doesn't anyone at QVC ever climb out of Simon's bum and tell him that a little less just might not be sooooo tasteless:confused:
Perhaps I'm too old but I think if I walked round my town in the evening dressed this way the police might try to move me on.:D

I'm not sure he expects you to walk around town wearing the whole lot - perhaps just the bag with subdued clothes? Well, maybe not ...
Actually I like a bit of bling here and there - brightens the place up a bit! I do, I hope, always stop short of looking like a Christmas tree!

I too think B&W stuff is, on the whole, overpriced tat, with the exception of a few pieces which are mouthwateringly gorgeous.

However, I live in London, and am lucky enough to be able to go to Green Street which sells beautifully sparkling jewellery at a fraction of B&W's prices.

I bought some gold tone art deco earrings with aurora borealis crystals for £10, and I have never received so many compliments on an evening out. B&W would have priced them at £45 or something ridiculous, plus P+P.

I prefer to look beautiful without going bankrupt!

I agree with you all on this thread but I have to say Wilson does add
some serious glamour to QVC. It would be a duller place without his
generally OTT jewellery and accessories. So much of it is OTT kitsch
but then again its all good fun and if you have the spare cash and
personality to carry off a t shirt with a big sequined panda on it
then good luck to you.
I admit to purchasing a brooch and a bag over the years and I luv em.

I like the odd piece of B&W - and TBH yes I agree not everyone could pull off Simon's look - he was he is - I don't mind it :)

There are not many ranges sold on QVC that will go down in the history books- Butler and Wilson will and has already.

I flicked over last night and caught Simon dressing as Freddie Mercury. The black military jacket and gold fringing. I kept waiting for him to jump up and start We Will Rock You.

Or was it Jacko? I'm Looking At The Man In The Mirror.:eek:

I flicked over last night and caught Simon dressing as Freddie Mercury. The black military jacket and gold fringing. I kept waiting for him to jump up and start We Will Rock You.

Coulda been Donna, coulda been but OH & I had the same thought & went straight for Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band! :D

Simon was asked years ago about FM and gave the impression of disliking him immensely.
Another reason to love F Hg imo. The jacket you're thinking of was an Emanuel and I have to say I hated it before I knew that which proves I'm consistent as I never liked their gear. Still Freddie was a God and is now an angel.
:dbt:

I thought he looked like the ringmaster on the run from Billy Smart's circus.

A lot of B & W is overpriced and OTT in my opinion however the dancing couple brooch they showed yesterday was lovely. Having said that I think you would just need to wear that one item as a statement piece on maybe a black dress or coat as adding anything else would just look too much.

Less is more. One fabulous, eye-popping B&W piece on a good outfit is enough to make the "right" impression. Decking yourself out as a Christmas tree a la JR is just trashy.

Less definitely is more when it comes to B&W. Wearing one bold piece of B&W as a statement piece priceless, piling it all on JR stylee cheap as chips.;)

I have a few fashion books and B and W feature in them,which is more than you can say for other QVC brands. I can remember being a teenager and seeing his stuff in Vogue, thought it was gorgeous and always wanted to get some. Am pleased that he is on QVC and have bought some lovely things. Not all of it is my taste but I think I could say that about any range of jewellery.

Latest posts

Back