Prepology egg poacher

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got a proper heavy Cooks Essentials egg poacher pan (the ones you put water in and it has little cups) bought from the QVC outlet store, cost about a tenner and poaches eggs to perfection :happy:

I bought a SS CE poacher pan from QVC, with supposedly non stick metal poaching pods / inserts and guess what, even when greased / oiled, the eggs stuck and they were a devil to clean. It was a lovely pan though and after 3 uses and struggling to clean the pods each time, I eventually gave the pan to my son to use as a lidded fry pan. All I want is a poached egg with little or no mess.

I have tried the clingfilm method and that's a bit hit and miss too. My dad makes lovely poached eggs with just a pan of water, a quick swirl and drops the eggs in - perfect every time, wish I could do that.

Poached egg was the first thing I ever learnt to cook cos my Dad had one every morning before work. I confess I use a drop of vinegar which keeps the white from turning into alien guts, I couldn't tell you how long they take...I kind of just know. Poached egg is my ultimate comfort food when I feel rough.

Jude xx

Have to agree theey are absolutely rubbish, bit of a disappointment really, as I did want them to work, I must have wasted at least six eggs trying, but the lids blow off and the eggs explode, and not once did I get a decent egg. I couldnt be bothered sending them back either, but I have complained to customer service, not that I thought she was listening.
They should stop selling them, do they actually take any notice of the reviews as I think only one person likes them

I bought a SS CE poacher pan from QVC, with supposedly non stick metal poaching pods / inserts and guess what, even when greased / oiled, the eggs stuck and they were a devil to clean. It was a lovely pan though and after 3 uses and struggling to clean the pods each time, I eventually gave the pan to my son to use as a lidded fry pan. All I want is a poached egg with little or no mess.

I have tried the clingfilm method and that's a bit hit and miss too. My dad makes lovely poached eggs with just a pan of water, a quick swirl and drops the eggs in - perfect every time, wish I could do that.

OH does them like that on the rare occasions he has one - I refuse to have anything to do with them, they look repulsive, and smell vinegary!

Latest posts

Back