Prepology egg poacher

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lucy-loo

Registered Shopper
Has anybody bough the prepology egg poachers just wondered if they are any good.

I hope so Lucy-loo cos I ordered them! I do have the older prepology set, the little silicone cup things that you float in a pan of water and they are pretty good but these look even easier to use and no faffing about with boiling water was the big attraction for me, plus they were dirt cheap! :grin:

I was interested but as there's only me enjoys a poached egg in this household I didn't want to buy four! I just use the poaching pods which are easy enough but boiled and poached eggs are two things I find difficult to get "just right" I'm afraid...:headbang:

Ive just got the little dishes that were the TSV and they are brilliant, so Ill go and order these, I do like poached eggs, I csn always give a couple away to son,

Ive also just seen two coffee cups, I might just get them as well, the times I go out in the garden, to hubby with a cup of coffee, and he either knocks it over and breaks the mug or lets it go cold.

Im not trying to spoil him or anything, just need to keep him doing the garden.

I'm quite a good even if I say so myself but there are three things I can't cook ... poached eggs, brandy snaps and oven chips. Well with those poaching pod things that's the list down to two.

Mind you it'll take a blinding new baking tray from cooks essentials to knock brandy snaps off my list!

I've ordered these too for OnlyMe. I thought the other 3 would be good for storing half-onions/tomatoes etc. in the 'fridge. First purchase of Prepology.

Rubbish Product

Has anyone managed to poach an egg properly in these things!!?? :headbang: I've watched the vid again, tried all kinds of microwave power/timing settings and wasted a dozen bliddy eggs in the process but not one has come out like the ones on Q's presentation. :angry: At best I managed one with a slightly rubbery white with a sliightly less than rock hard yolk but it didn't look or taste appetising. It's not just me cos there are loads of bad reviews and the feckin things do explode as well:eek: blowing the lid off and splattering cooked egg all over the microwave, the first time it happened I nearly carped myself. :whew: We only saw SB taking them out of the microwave fully cooked so I suspect Q had the eggs poached in the normal way behind the scenes and then sneakily transferred them the Prepology dishes for the presentation. :wonder: These are definately not fit for purpose so unless you need 4 small food containers don't waste your money.

I agree Sue, they are absolutely hopeless. The lids pop /blow off and trying to get an edible egg is a work of art. I've tried using a bit of water in the poacher, pricking the egg yolks and they still turn out rubbish. i've had better results from the cheapy 0.99p double poacher plastic thingamajigs from Asda.

They were returned after requesting a returns label from QVC and I expect my p&p refunded as well as they are not fit for purpose. Rubbish egg poachers.......shame really as they do look ever so cute, I have to say.

I got some paper bag style egg poachers in aldi, they are brilliant. You put the bag in a cup, break the egg into it and then transfer it to a pan of bubbling (not boiling madly) water. They also sell these bags in Dunelm, think they cost more tho and are called "Poachies". I love a proper poached egg on hot buttery toast, washed down with a hot mug of tea, it is so comforting.

I got some paper bag style egg poachers in aldi, they are brilliant. You put the bag in a cup, break the egg into it and then transfer it to a pan of bubbling (not boiling madly) water. They also sell these bags in Dunelm, think they cost more tho and are called "Poachies". I love a proper poached egg on hot buttery toast, washed down with a hot mug of tea, it is so comforting.
Not heard of these before but just had a butchers at their website and they look great...so easy to use, no mess and disposable. :up: Thanks for the heads up hon, just bought some off the Bay.

I got some of these too SS but have had a few disasters when trying to get them out and onto the toast! I've got yellow flat bottom poaching pods from Asda and I like these best, better than the green rounded bottom Lakeland ones even.

I got a proper heavy Cooks Essentials egg poacher pan (the ones you put water in and it has little cups) bought from the QVC outlet store, cost about a tenner and poaches eggs to perfection :happy:

I bought one a few years ago too, sadly not from outlet store, and it's pretty much idiot-proof (didn't mean you Yorko - I'm utterly hopeless at cooking eggs and rice) and the pan can be used without the plastic insert.

Last edited:
Yes I've got the proper egg poaching pan as well and it's fine but the idea of buying these microwave ones was to make the job quicker, without the need for boiling water and even less washing up but sadly it was too good to be true. Imho Q should withdraw these as they are definately not fit for the purpose. If they hadn't been so cheap I would send them back but it's hardly worth the bother.

Yes I've got the proper egg poaching pan as well and it's fine but the idea of buying these microwave ones was to make the job quicker, without the need for boiling water and even less washing up but sadly it was too good to be true. Imho Q should withdraw these as they are definately not fit for the purpose. If they hadn't been so cheap I would send them back but it's hardly worth the bother.

Yes I tried the route of microwave poachers and never and I mean never had any success, exploding eggs and mess everywhere. Also they cant really be poached in the microwave as poaching requires water does it not (feel free to correct me if Im wrong)

Sue, I thought that too, about not bothering due to the price but then, I reconsidered and I asked for a return label and also said i wanted my P&P refunded - that's £11.70 refund - better in your pocket than in QVC's. It'll go towards a little treat for yourself. :sun:

Latest posts

Back