Presenters looking older.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The cynic in me says that the first post was precalculated, as to provoke such a discussion and perhaps make people fight with each other to defend their polarised opinions, and then to come back to this thread in a few hours and see how the plan worked.

The cynic in me says that the first post was precalculated, as to provoke such a discussion and perhaps make people fight with each other to defend their polarised opinions, and then to come back to this thread in a few hours and see how the plan worked.

Too true Blue!

I am 68 according to my Birth Certificate but in my head not a day over 40.I think this country is obsessed with age when you are over a certain age you become invisible, yet when I go to the continent I feel totally different.I am spoken to in shops, respected in restaurants and have even been offered a seat on a bus/ train ( & DON'T take it as it is because I am OLD!!)
I look after myself, focus on skincare, have lost weight, keep fit and I know I am lucky but have just been given a clean bill of health from my Dr.I do look at people on Q & think how many wrinkles they have! but do we want these taut cosmetic procedure looks like Tova and other guests from the US?People of my age make up a large proportion of the population and Q do use models across the age ranges.After working for over 40 years I can embrace retirement and this is the time of my life!

I must be one if the few who doesn't hate SB (but then he is rarely on in the evenings) so even though a hairy chest is not appealing to me I don't seem to notice it to the same extent as most. Funny old world.

It's funny how fashions change - even with body hair... remember Tom Selleck in Magnum PI? Or when 007 (Sean Connery) had a hairy chest?

Maybe 'hairy' will make a comeback... Just like beards.

Maybe, is he a stirrer ??? Only joined yesterday although looked in now and then so don't think I have seen any of his posts.

I think he was talking about Dale.

I'd guess Julius is no more than 30. To be so preoccupied with ageing is very ageing. Be careful Julius. Embrace life and see people with kind eyes, after all eyes are the windows to the soul.

Yep Marina, babes. Course it was! No, it wasn't actually. I just tuned into QVC a few times recently and noticed Simon Biagi in particular. It shouldn't be surprising that they look older. Even with all their lotions and potions they are not immune to the ravages of time. Alison Keenan's neck is proof positive of that. Julia Roberts's face had changed shape quite dramatically. It's squarer, a bit like Michele Hope.

I have a suspicious mind and can get the wrong end of the stick sometimes...but...it was my post that brought you back to this thread, but it may as well have been a coincidence. Anyway I'm glad I was wrong and you were not trying to stir things up.

It's funny how fashions change - even with body hair... remember Tom Selleck in Magnum PI? Or when 007 (Sean Connery) had a hairy chest?

Maybe 'hairy' will make a comeback... Just like beards.

I don't know about the hairy chest look. I'm not sure that ever was a good look, though I gather it was popular in the 70s after the release of Saturday Night Fever (which was a great film). I also liked "Staying Alive," the 1983 sequel which was much more 80s, and of course "Flashdance." As for beards, I think they are alright. Most of the time I have a beard - because I have sensitive skin and also because I can't be bothered to shave. I usually wear my favourite flatcap!

I am 68 according to my Birth Certificate but in my head not a day over 40.I think this country is obsessed with age when you are over a certain age you become invisible, yet when I go to the continent I feel totally different.I am spoken to in shops, respected in restaurants and have even been offered a seat on a bus/ train ( & DON'T take it as it is because I am OLD!!)
I look after myself, focus on skincare, have lost weight, keep fit and I know I am lucky but have just been given a clean bill of health from my Dr.I do look at people on Q & think how many wrinkles they have! but do we want these taut cosmetic procedure looks like Tova and other guests from the US?People of my age make up a large proportion of the population and Q do use models across the age ranges.After working for over 40 years I can embrace retirement and this is the time of my life!

I think possibly half the problem is that the presenters have to wear a ton of make up for their shows. All this make up has to be scrubbed off and quite possibly over the years the skin isn't as happy about it as much as the normal person in the street with a bit of foundation, blusher and possibly mascara and lippy.

Personally I don't have a problem with seeing people age, I have more of a problem not seeing them age with smooth foreheads and chunky inflated lips.

Lots of people suffer with health problems, you are blessed not to have :), but we know that chemo, steroids and the stress caused by being ill can age you very fast. We know, because we read it in the presenters blogs, that many have suffered and still do with health issues, therefore I think we should be kinder (not you but others who have posted).

Yep Marina, babes. Course it was! No, it wasn't actually. I just tuned into QVC a few times recently and noticed Simon Biagi in particular. It shouldn't be surprising that they look older. Even with all their lotions and potions they are not immune to the ravages of time. Alison Keenan's neck is proof positive of that. Julia Roberts's face had changed shape quite dramatically. It's squarer, a bit like Michele Hope.

People age, get over it. You will too one day unless you are one of these superficial people who will go all out on botox and fillers etc. As I have just said, illness causes skin problems and steroids can square up the face. Side effects of medicine used for sick and ill people shouldn't be the cause for ridicule. Very unkind.

Life is more than being just about looks, its about the kindness of the heart and soul.

Here endeth my Sunday sermon!

Julia Roberts's face had changed shape quite dramatically. It's squarer, a bit like Michele Hope.

Julia may well have been taking steroids for her illness - that can contribute to big changes to face and body shape.

Plus, the presenters are getting older as the years pass - shock.

Julius, you need to freelance for the Daily Mail... they like to sensationalise the bleedin' obvious.

I think possibly half the problem is that the presenters have to wear a ton of make up for their shows. All this make up has to be scrubbed off and quite possibly over the years the skin isn't as happy about it as much as the normal person in the street with a bit of foundation, blusher and possibly mascara and lippy.

Personally I don't have a problem with seeing people age, I have more of a problem not seeing them age with smooth foreheads and chunky inflated lips.

Lots of people suffer with health problems, you are blessed not to have :), but we know that chemo, steroids and the stress caused by being ill can age you very fast. We know, because we read it in the presenters blogs, that many have suffered and still do with health issues, therefore I think we should be kinder (not you but others who have posted).

On the whole I think they have aged quite well, and some of them may have medical concerns that which do not help. I read somewhere that Simon Biagi is diabetic and that Julia has leukaemia or something similar. Alison Young has thyroid problems which could explain her puffed-up look. Her wardrobe doesn't do her any favours - full of purple Michele Hope-esque numbers in unflattering shades that are the colours of the Quality Street chocolates.

Julia may well have been taking steroids for her illness - that can contribute to big changes to face and body shape.

Plus, the presenters are getting older as the years pass - shock.

Julius, you need to freelance for the Daily Mail... they like to sensationalise the bleedin' obvious.

Ooh Tiddlywinks careful - you must've been on mumsnet again with that sneaky swear word! Lol!

People age, get over it. You will too one day unless you are one of these superficial people who will go all out on botox and fillers etc. As I have just said, illness causes skin problems and steroids can square up the face. Side effects of medicine used for sick and ill people shouldn't be the cause for ridicule. Very unkind.

Life is more than being just about looks, its about the kindness of the heart and soul.

Here endeth my Sunday sermon!

I didn't ridicule Julia Roberts. I said her faced looked squarer - which it does, and I'm sure there are reasons for this. I did ridicule Alison Young, who I am not keen on at the best of times, and perhaps Tova (who I actually really like) when I said that her hairdo looks like a badger that's been fished out of a tub of creosote.

On the whole I think they have aged quite well, and some of them may have medical concerns that which do not help. I read somewhere that Simon Biagi is diabetic and that Julia has leukaemia or something similar. Alison Young has thyroid problems which could explain her puffed-up look. Her wardrobe doesn't do her any favours - full of purple Michele Hope-esque numbers in unflattering shades that are the colours of the Quality Street chocolates.

So, knowing all these things, you still chose to take cheap shots to try to get a laugh?

Nice!

So, knowing all these things, you still chose to take cheap shots to try to get a laugh?

Nice!

Sorry but I don't like Alison Young. Never have. Never will. The sooner she gets off our screens the better. She has nothing to bring to the table. As for the others, I merely pointed out what they look like. I don't find Simon Biagi's scrunched gauntness funny, nor Julia's square face. I just think it's interesting to see how people age. TV-land is full of people plastic surgeried up to the eyeballs and QVC is no exception. Alison Keenan, Diane Gilman, Michele Hope, Tova Borgnine and many more have have work done.

I am in my late 50's I am lots of things including a wife and Nana. My face reflects the fact that I laugh a lot,my stomach reflects my love of chocolate and cheese and my skin although not bad reflects my past carefree love of the sun!!
I take daily medication for an arthritic condition- sometimes I'm well ,sometimes I'm not.
I never presume I look younger than I am-I am just me with all my imperfections and I've lived a bit and above all I'm happy with my lot in life!

QVC presenters are no different, personally just off looks alone I think Julia Roberts looks great,Jill Franks and Ali Young ageing not as well. Dale looks good but Simon Biagi not as good.
We are all different and I will continue to wear my turkey neck and jowels with pride!!

I'd be the first to admit that Chuntley is wearing well but I can't stand the woman so my likes and dislikes have zero to do with their ageing.

Latest posts

Back