Pro Strong, any good?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Angelat

Registered Shopper
Hey all!

After watching a couple of Pro Strong presentations I found myself wanting to purchase (gullible I know!) so what I need to know is, is it any good?

Anyone on here used it?

Angela x

I really did not like it and would never buy it again. It made my nails even more peely then they had been, and the nail varnish was of very disappointing quality. I rather go for nail envy or the nail bio serum from Leighton Denny

I buy the Prostrong Max3 pen and Manicure in a Bottle off a well known auction site and I wouldn't be without them - haven't seen any for sale recently though. Can't comment on the rest of the range.

It was the only nail strengthener that worked on my nails years ago.
I was a nail biter most of my life but not any more thanks to Pro Strong.
There are a lot of people on here who dont like it but I can only go from my experience and have to say that it really did work for me.
Must add it was the pro accelerator and pro liposome that really made a difference on my nails but it depends on your main concern with your nails or is it the polishes that your were thinking of buying?

I found it discoloured my nails which really annoyed me. I use the Jessica range and love it.

I found it rubbish and peeled off on the day you put it on. Bought one TSV in the early days and never went near the product again. Infact give most of it away in the end. The nail files where good but never sold on their own.

Angelat-what are you wanting to improve with your nails?

Prostong -tried it didn't like it, the polish has to rank as the worst I have tried- didn't stay on for the day. Think this is another one 'only' sold on QVC.

Agree with Leighton Denny about Crystal Files - somehow they seem to 'seal' the free edge of the nail so if nails are flaking because water is getting into the layers it seems to help. He suggested on a recent show to try this before treatments, which I thought was interesting as he sells treatments, so he must see it helping people when he is working with them, because he could equally be selling his treatments.

I use an OPI crystal file which I love (would considers Leightons as I think his may come in a wallet to protect it where as the OPI is just in a plastic tube) & Creative Nail Design - Cuticle Eraser, a really gentle AHA based cream that keeps cuticles moisturised, keeping the dry skin around the fingers at bay. I think the CND also helps moisturise my nailbed. Bought both via ebay US-make sure the purchase total is less than £18.00, if you decide to go down this route.

I did try Nailtek II Foundation as a treatment\base coat - but find I no longer need to use this. Although I do like and use their Replenisher\Hydrator that I use as a topcoat.

Angelat-what are you wanting to improve with your nails?

Prostong -tried it didn't like it, the polish has to rank as the worst I have tried- didn't stay on for the day. Think this is another one 'only' sold on QVC.

Agree with Leighton Denny about Crystal Files - somehow they seem to 'seal' the free edge of the nail so if nails are flaking because water is getting into the layers it seems to help. He suggested on a recent show to try this before treatments, which I thought was interesting as he sells treatments, so he must see it helping people when he is working with them, because he could equally be selling his treatments.

I use an OPI crystal file which I love (would considers Leightons as I think his may come in a wallet to protect it where as the OPI is just in a plastic tube) & Creative Nail Design - Cuticle Eraser, a really gentle AHA based cream that keeps cuticles moisturised, keeping the dry skin around the fingers at bay. I think the CND also helps moisturise my nailbed. Bought both via ebay US-make sure the purchase total is less than £18.00, if you decide to go down this route.

I did try Nailtek II Foundation as a treatment\base coat - but find I no longer need to use this. Although I do like and use their Replenisher\Hydrator that I use as a topcoat.

Thanks for all your advice everyone. The problem I have with my nails is they peel. I already use and love Leighton Denny but as far as treatments go from his range have only tried slick tips (cuticle oil) and remove and rectify because it came in a tsv. I do use his crystal nail file and agree it is great. I just need to find something that works to stop my nails peeling. I don't get on with nail envy although to be fair I have only tried the original and not the others they have brought out since.

Who needs AY eh when we have all our friends on here to help out!

xxx

I really disliked it

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Okay, many people dislike it. I have long nails which hardly ever break thanks to 223 018 which I have been using for 2-3 years. This and OPI avoplex and a crystal file. Everyone complents me on my nails and I love it.

Latest posts

Back