Quacker/Lola Rose

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
Last night Debbie Flint was doing her usual hard sell, having to work it even more so as she was flogging Quacker cr*p. She said on a least 2 occasions that "you could wear your Lola Rose jewellery with this". What? :giggle: How can you possibly mention the two ranges in the same breath?

Nikki from Lola Rose is herself elegant and sophisticated, as are her designs, whereas 'Head Quacker' Jean Brice is - well she just isn't is she?

I love Lola Rose pieces and believe that the range is the best for jewellery on QVC. Nikki is a modest and endearing guest.

I wouldn't buy any Quacker - not in a million years. Don't get me wrong I am not a clothes snob - I have some Kim & Co and Modern Soul in my cupboards but Quacker is one step too far. You really know you have given up the ghost if you start finding their clothes attractive.

I think poor old DF was just trying to make the most of a bad lot. I'm sure the presenters must want to run a mile at the prospect of a Quacker hour. All that stupid quacking and trying to sound enthusiastic about these weird clothes that must be made for obese childrens' TV presenters.

QVC being an American company caters fashion-wise for what I like to refer to as Bertha Bigbutt of the American Midwest. And our very own Jamesy, of course, but as Jamesy has told us once or twice, it isn't her big butt that makes size 7XL necessary, it's her 'athletic calves.'

Oh dear yes it does sound an unlikely pairing. Still at least she wasn't telling us to team up Quacker with e.g. Tacori ...I can almost feel a 'most bizarre product pairings' thread coming on...

xx

Oh dear yes it does sound an unlikely pairing. Still at least she wasn't telling us to team up Quacker with e.g. Tacori ...I can almost feel a 'most bizarre product pairings' thread coming on...

xx

I think the more ostentatious Butler & Wilson pieces would look very attractive with Indigo Moon actually. :wonder: I like the understated look.

I think a few Kirk's Folly pieces would be just the job to bring a bit more cheer to the outfit. And why not top it off with a Dreamkeeper spangly shawl on those chilly evenings?

Don't forget to add lashings of Mally make up and spray liberally with several Tova parfums for that extra level of nuanced subtlety...

Don't forget to add lashings of Mally make up and spray liberally with several Tova parfums for that extra level of nuanced subtlety...

... and a Ken Paves hairpiece complete with diamonique tiara. The ultimate finishing touch would then be a white Basso fake fur and a lovely big Kathy Van Zeeland bag. :sweat:

More Quacker TATory offerings this afternoon. How many more times are they going to show that awful Jogging Set:wonder:

I HAVE A CONFESSION TO MAKE!! I will own up to buying IN THE PAST t-shirts from Quacker as at the time I did like them. Needless to say they have gone to charity!! I must have been having a very bad day when I bought them!! But to say you could team their clothes with LR jewellery, what planet is DF on? Not planet Earth!!

Last night Debbie Flint was doing her usual hard sell, having to work it even more so as she was flogging Quacker cr*p. She said on a least 2 occasions that "you could wear your Lola Rose jewellery with this". What? :giggle: How can you possibly mention the two ranges in the same breath?

Easily - one is a load of overpriced, over-embellished, garish-coloured tat. And the other's Quacker.:angel:

Not a Lola fan as you can tell, though the woman who makes it wears some quite nice outfits.

Is that Jean 'Quacker Woman' on some sort of drugs? WTF??!! That is the first time I've watched a Quacker show and I must say the clothing is very.....erm.......cheerfull......such colourful rhinestones......

It's ****** horrible!!! Do people actually wear this stuff??

:mysmilie_460:

I think some people do as it seems to be frequently on Q. It's not for me but it would be a dull world if we all liked the same things don't you think?:happy:

Is that Jean 'Quacker Woman' on some sort of drugs? WTF??!! That is the first time I've watched a Quacker show and I must say the clothing is very.....erm.......cheerfull......such colourful rhinestones......

It's ****** horrible!!! Do people actually wear this stuff??

:mysmilie_460:

Oh yes people obviously do, as it's been on for years. Head Quack Jean is nowhere near right. Can't put my finger on it but I'm thinking the headband is something to do with it. Maybe it's restricting blood flow to the brain. :thinking:

I have a Quacker jacket which I love. I am not keen on their tops as they are overly embellished for my taste but my denim jacket, with it's scattering of pearls looks lovely over a plain black dress and is beautifully made. I have also got a black denim one from ebay which is always commented on in a complimentary way. Like all fashion ranges, there are usually a couple of great items. I like to put together items from various ranges for an individual look so I don't condemn any of them out of hand.

So how many more closet "quackpots" are there then? :bandit:

Never bought but was tempted by the velour leisure suit to work in at home, but then remembered I might have to answer the door, the postman's already under the impression I've lost it!

Have a velour top I bought back in the eighties, has been washed and tumbled dried more times than I can remember and still looks like new. The only bit looking baggy and jaded is me inside it! :sad:

I love Lola Rose pieces and believe that the range is the best for jewellery on QVC. Nikki is a modest and endearing guest.

I wouldn't buy any Quacker - not in a million years. Don't get me wrong I am not a clothes snob - I have some Kim & Co and Modern Soul in my cupboards but Quacker is one step too far. You really know you have given up the ghost if you start finding their clothes attractive.

I think poor old DF was just trying to make the most of a bad lot. I'm sure the presenters must want to run a mile at the prospect of a Quacker hour. All that stupid quacking and trying to sound enthusiastic about these weird clothes that must be made for obese childrens' TV presenters.

Only one? :puke:

I HAVE A CONFESSION TO MAKE!! I will own up to buying IN THE PAST t-shirts from Quacker as at the time I did like them. Needless to say they have gone to charity!! I must have been having a very bad day when I bought them!! But to say you could team their clothes with LR jewellery, what planet is DF on? Not planet Earth!!

She has just come back from Italy, via PraiGuruGoddesses Mars station.

I have a velour track suit I bought from LTS last year and my DD wears a Juicy Couture she bought when we were on hols.:bandit: :thinking: In my defense they are practical and comfy and they are also long enough for my giraffe legs. :sad:
The sooner Mrs J starts her fashion blog on Twitter the better.:clapping::clapping::clapping:
I know she is looking at fashion for the "wider calf" shopper but I'm hoping she will introduce a Tall range" ?:grin::giggle::giggle:

Latest posts

Back