Queen Liz and Madam Young trying to out talk each other.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dottiebird

Registered Shopper
I've just tuned into the 6.00 pm Liz Earle hour, and there they both are trying to out talk each other...Alison DOES NOT do just sitting there listening, but every time she tries to get her two penneth in Queen Liz starts talking over her with that "Please I'm speaking now" look. It's quite funny to watch. Alison likes being the Queen Bee herself and you can tell it galls her to sit there letting Liz go on:clapping:

Has Liz had a personality bypass...she's got so boring and snooty as the years have gone on.

What is WRONG with Allison Young? We are all aware she is the resident beauty expect, but the guests from the brands are not just there to make up numbers. Why the hell won't she let them speak about their products? Also, she is so lukewarm about the Liz Earle brand, i am surprised she wants to rabbit non stop about its merits.

Has Liz had a personality bypass...she's got so boring and snooty as the years have gone on.
Not a personality bypass, but we have made her rich,( I am one of those who is guilty of this, I used to buy many of her special offers, ) and now that she is well established, she thinks that she is above us, her customers.
I am watching her now, and she looks very grumpy indeed :sad:
Like I mentioned in another thread somewhere, the early Liz was charming and quite timid :)

I've just seen a interesting but unsurprising post about LE on the QVC FB page. Someone posted that she was told by someone that when LE is in the green room at QVC she will ingore everyone and won't answer questions. Apparently there was a big anti LE feeling going on at the beauty bash too.

Liz also looks knackered - she is starting to look her age - there are a few lines creeping in
she definitely does not look as fresh as she did last night . watching in Hd may be why lol

used to like le products but since the cp changed have not been buying, tried the new tinted bb but didnt like it at all, also since she sold out to avon not been same to watch on tv,

It's a shame that she comes across in such a snooty off putting manner ~ I only started using her brand relatively recently and one of the reasons I had resisted was I found her so annoyingly up herself I couldn't watch her shows. I'm glad I capitulated and gave them a whirl though as despite being a snobby madam she does know her stuff. It would be nice if she remembered that us minions are the ones that put her where she is and show a little humility.

Here on st.com long ago we were told Liz brings her own makeup artist with her and refuses to share a dressing room wanting one especially for her.

No doubt Liz makes so much money for QVC that AY has been told to play nice but finding it hard going.

I really like AY (I think she's funny and very down to earth) maybe it's LE's manner that she doesn't rate rather than her products?

I remember reading on here a while ago that someone knew someone who had dated her in the past and likened her to Bree from Desperate Housewives, have never seen that show so don't know what this means.

Funny you should say that I thought she looked bored and tired last night on the launch of the TSV, she mentioned she was about to turn 50 and for once, I was not surprised. Also I no longer believe that you can avoid age spots on the back of your hands, that sounds bitchy..but I was starting to believe the hype, at least Liz is human! I wonder if the snootiness is more from being tired!

What is WRONG with Allison Young? We are all aware she is the resident beauty expect, but the guests from the brands are not just there to make up numbers. Why the hell won't she let them speak about their products? Also, she is so lukewarm about the Liz Earle brand, i am surprised she wants to rabbit non stop about its merits.

I'd feel really peed off if i'd developed a range of products and AY kept talking over me/butting in every few seconds as though she was better placed to deliver the spiel. Maybe Liz Earle's coming across as weary as she doesn't really want to be on Q but may be contractually obliged. Got nowt to back this up, just a feeling I get as the frostiness has got noticeably worse over the years. She seems to be just going through the motions now.

I really can't stand Liz Earle and her patronising manner.Last night on the TSV launch in certain positions you could see the concealor caked under her eyes to hide the bags and yes she does look her age but I guess having a baby at 47 takes it's toll!!!!!!!!!

mmmmmm Liz Earle makes me want to scream,she is snooty and way too grand for her own good. Also she sold the company to Avon, 100%, she an employee, a rich one but no longer the owner.

mmmmmm Liz Earle makes me want to scream,she is snooty and way too grand for her own good. Also she sold the company to Avon, 100%, she an employee, a rich one but no longer the owner.

I can't abide LE, always found her rude and patronising even way back on breakfast tv and I was told her business practices are beyond ruthless.

I shouldn't make this comment, it's not my place to but I think your user name is horrible. *scuttles to back of bat cave and hides behind wings*

I can't abide LE, always found her rude and patronising even way back on breakfast tv and I was told her business practices are beyond ruthless.

I shouldn't make this comment, it's not my place to but I think your user name is horrible. *scuttles to back of bat cave and hides behind wings*

I agree Vamps, what a scary forum name!

Funnily enough I never really minded LE but my husband couldn't bear when she was on! She is a bit patronising and uppity but then when you actually listen to her talk, she does actually seem to know SOMETHING about ingredients, their uses, function etc which is more than can be said for AY!! Maybe it's time QVC just stopped pairing these two on shows? AY can barely conceal that she doesn't like the range (she often makes comments about the lack of an eye makeup remover for example and hints to it regularly as a nice BASIC range) whereas Liz seems to do far better with say Pippa who just sits there and is enthusiastic - which is surely the role of the presenter? Two giant ego's in the studio at the same time is nothing more than wearing, it's probably not going to help sell products...

My dislike of LE goes waaaay back, brekkie tv and she very carefully explaining to us the simple minded viewers that her daughter would be called Lily as her name is Am-ar-yllis, slowly and carefully enunciated. As others have said she knows her products but is just too superior for a mere ordinary human like me. I do wonder how much the continuous beauty bible promotion of the brand has helped it.

Latest posts

Back