Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm done with believing all the hype with these so called anti aging products. I picked up a set of Estee Lauder night repair for a stupendously good price - I paid £70 and got a 50ml bottle which normally sells for £86 alone, the set also contained a 20ml travel size night repair, a small moisturiser and a small pot of eye serum. It hasn't irritated my skin but I've been using it religiously for a couple of months and I can honestly say I have noticed no difference to my skin's appearance or texture whatsoever. I'm almost looking forward to finishing it so I can go down Superdrug and buy a big pump bottle of Cera Ve moisturiser for a tenner and be done with it!

I’ve always maintained that if any of the anti ageing products really worked then there wouldn’t be hundreds of brands stating that they do just that. There would be one amazing product.

The speed of the ageing process is down to genes, a healthy diet, drinking plenty of water, getting enough sleep and not sunbathing. I do concur that some products do help the condition of the skin, but they don’t stop ageing.

A number of brands want to get rid of the term anti-ageing. Well, none of them will stop you ageing, of course you will look better if you moisturize and use sunscreen than none. Oh, and they use 20 somethings in the ads. Or photoshop whoever like Julia Roberts, who end up looking nothing like they really look. Also, there is nothing wrong with ageing, we all do it and the beauty industry needs to stop treating it like a disease that needs to be cured.

Yes, indeedee! No one can escape. Some people do a bit better than others for all the reasons you mention, but not a whole hell of a lot. It can make you miserable, if you let it. Don't let it. What I don't like is when people brag about how much younger strangers tell them they look. Rubbish! They're buttering you up. And, all the millions skin care companies rake in, because, as you say, we're talked into believing we're not good enough as we are.

Yes, indeedee! No one can escape. Some people do a bit better than others for all the reasons you mention, but not a whole hell of a lot. It can make you miserable, if you let it. Don't let it. What I don't like is when people brag about how much younger strangers tell them they look. Rubbish! They're buttering you up. And, all the millions skin care companies rake in, because, as you say, we're talked into believing we're not good enough as we are.
Those awful women who post on SM “gran shocks people who think she is her granddaughte’s sister” pass the bucket.

Continuing with my "back to basics" beauty regime, despite still having a couple of bottles of "fancy" bath foam left I decided I'd pop into superdrug and pick up a nice big bottle of Dove or Palmolive. Decided to pop into Poundstretcher and was met with wall to wall shower gel, the only bath foams they did were enormous bottles of what would probably double up as paint stripper - 99p a pop, I don't think so. I thought I'd try Poundland, again an entire wall of shower products and no bath foams whatsoever. Superdrug was fine, there was a lot more shower gel on offer than bath foam, but I did manage to pick up a couple of Dove bath cremes for £3.99 as they were on bogof. Don't get me wrong I love a shower in the summer, or when I'm in a rush, but there's nothing like a relaxing bath, but it seems they're going out of fashion! Since I've started using good old head and shoulders shampoo, my hair hasn't looked and felt better. Could you imagine suggesting to any of the lovely ladies that supermarket/chemist brands are just as good (if not better) than all these poncy brands they're buying from Q. Yep, they might look nicer on their bathroom shelves, but have you honestly ever gone into someone's house and got "toiletries envy?" I know I haven't!

I use Simple shower gel and often get it out of Poundland. I can’t use anything perfumed or anything which dries out my skin.

Mr L has to use E45 shower cream and shampoo but they are rarely on offer so it’s usually £6.99 for a small bottle so it’s a good job I’m cheap!

I use Simple shower gel and often get it out of Poundland. I can’t use anything perfumed or anything which dries out my skin.

Mr L has to use E45 shower cream and shampoo but they are rarely on offer so it’s usually £6.99 for a small bottle so it’s a good job I’m cheap!
You can get stuff like that on prescription if it is necessary

I am not explaining myself. I am stating reasons why people's trash talk us baseless when then know nothing of a person. Dignity is a personal thing. I have mine, don't worry about that. In my opinion, my response does not affect my dignity, I feel I would not be true to myself so say nothing. Furthermore, I do not class myself as being "out there", it's a community where unfortunately weirdo sharks seem to lurk for no better reason than to glean information to slate people and give them nasty nicknames. That is where the dignity is lacking. This nasty place is not for me. I'll happily leave you all to it.
Well said

Hi folks - had to revive this thread to announce the most hideous bauble I’ve ever seen - is there no end to the tat people will buy? Mrs Bouquet is beside herself cause a necklace she bought has been reduced by £3 . She’s talked herself into sending it back even though it’s gonna cost her about £8 in postage. She genuinely seems pi$$ed off with Q . Will she ever see the light? I jolly hope so. That company don’t deserve such blind loyalty

Hi folks - had to revive this thread to announce the most hideous bauble I’ve ever seen - is there no end to the tat people will buy? Mrs Bouquet is beside herself cause a necklace she bought has been reduced by £3 . She’s talked herself into sending it back even though it’s gonna cost her about £8 in postage. She genuinely seems pi$$ed off with Q . Will she ever see the light? I jolly hope so. That company don’t deserve such blind loyalty
Is this the same person who was not over excited about her latest Eek bracelet but ‘well it was only’, that ‘only’ was almost £50! I have to thank her for one of the best laughs I have had in ages, painting the lips with some purple gunge and daubing what looked like creosote onto her eyebrows.It took ages to get to the ’after’ pics but I had to hang on in there.

Oh, QVC will not like one of their pets rebelling and returning goods.
Well why complain to state what the rest of the world knows anyway? I only order from Q if a I factor in the P&P and is something I know I will not return.These people click away and as Q are always reminding their faithful about the returns policy, but the cost of that?! It will cost this lady around £8 in postage, next time consider before you click, the days of selling out during a presentation are well & truly over, it will still be there and in this case at a reduced price for something that looks like it has come out of a cheap Christmas cracker, but not from the ‘designer’ Danni Minogue! (laughs & chokes,)

Well why complain to state what the rest of the world knows anyway? I only order from Q if a I factor in the P&P and is something I know I will not return.These people click away and as Q are always reminding their faithful about the returns policy, but the cost of that?! It will cost this lady around £8 in postage, next time consider before you click, the days of selling out during a presentation are well & truly over, it will still be there and in this case at a reduced price for something that looks like it has come out of a cheap Christmas cracker, but not from the ‘designer’ Danni Minogue! (laughs & chokes,)
I have to say, that that bit did make me giggle, but it says it all really, people actually believe that they're buying "designer goods". There's a world of difference between designer and celebrity endorsed. I think the necklace is quite cute, but the review didn't actually show how it looked on an adult. I don't want to buy it but her review doesn't actually give any idea of the size. Just saying it's small doesn't really help much. I'm sure if she called them she'd be able to get the postage refunded, but would still have to pay to return it. Sometimes at the post office they ask you what you're sending, FGS love don't say "designer jewellery" as she might have to pay more lol!
I've just had a bit of a spend up, I've bought a black t shirt and a French connection jumper from John Lewis. I'm a bit worried that a white jumper might look a bit stark but if it's no good I know it won't cost a penny to return and I can pick my order up from work next week for nothing, I have also got rid of two items of clothing I don't wear to make room - I feel very saintly! I also feel very smug that I've bought all my christmas presents now and they're all paid up to date, no nasty surprises and no money wasted on postage and packaging. I don't think I'll ever understand people's need to buy so much "stuff", especially crap stuff, and what's more crap stuff that costs an absolute fortune!

Good for you Merryone having all your prezzies paid for! Haven’t bought my very few yet but have paid for my holiday, first time away in since 2017.A friend of mine is spending a small fortune on extended family who she is only connected with on a distant basis.I will be with people I haven’t met yet, I get a bit sad, then think, no enjoy, get on with it! This time of year brings our individual and personal situations into focus, no wonder some do not cope with it on different levels.

Latest posts

Back