QVC admit they send stock to customers, which gets sent back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't think you can differentiate between cheap and expensive items being sent out as returns really.
A product should be pristine no matter what it costs, if a return is new and looks unused then a return isn't a problem for me. A piece of jewellery for example that someone didn't want, I wouldn't mind receiving on waitlist.

If QVC asked customers to fill in a form stating whether the item has been worn or used wouldn't result in a better service as a lot of people would simply lie.

"How could a company possibly hope to maintain the 'no-quibble' 30-day MBG and never re-use any item that is sent back? They would be out of business in a few months! I also know that normally the percentage of stuff sent back is very low"

nicky - isn't that an oxymoron? i don't know the facts and figures but the qvc profit is hundreds of millions? that was why i suggested they send all returns to either an honest clearance or an outlet store. that still generates a (smaller) profit rather than binning it.

the main difference in the dreaded high street apart from the basic understanding that if you return items they MUST be unused (and also not paying the high p&p) is we can see and examine the goods. i too have seen lipstick and foundation smeared clothing and that's not the store's fault - i'm sure they wouldn't expect to sell it to you at full price! of course items may have been tried on but at least the customer can inspect them before parting with their hard earned cash.

we are already at qvc's mercy with having to guess the sizing of clothing and footwear and the lack of information about washing instructions etc while they waffle on about their personal lives instead. the very least we can expect is a pristine new item surely!!

comparing a high street store to QVC does not work. They are different business models and so have to have different marketing strategies and customer concerns , in QVC case the 30 day MBG. No idea what the % of returns are, but I would suspect they would not amount to a vast degree as I suspect the item would be dropped very quickly from the inventory, so not everyone is going to get a return item. The 30 day MBG is a big factor in me buying things from QVC as for instance the Clarisonic coming up soon, no way would I buy an item that expensive ( I assume it be around £140?) for facial care unless I can see it will make a positive difference to my face, so I am going to buy it and use it and if it does not work for me I will be sending it back. That is why I like buying items from QVC and I am fully aware that maybe occasionally I will get an item pre-used/looked at by someone else. I still have a choice then: return or keep. I am also fully aware in our profit driven world that I would not be able to afford items from QVC if they scrapped everything that people would return as the prices would just go up significantly

ppc - people think that because the presenters promote "straight out of the box" and customer service deny sending returns.

You just can't compare QVC to the high street regarding returns as QVC only stipulate the return must be within 30 days for your refund.

I think there's has been a comment made on here regarding QVC making a % refund on returned food.
Going off that then I personally don't think why they wouldn't do the same for beauty, craft and likewise items were a % have been used, before being returned.

:heartbroke:

ppc - people think that because the presenters promote "straight out of the box" and customer service deny sending returns.
Well of course CS will deny it and the presenters will say anything to get sales but a reality check is needed here. Perhaps I'm just an old cynic Janie....:tongue:

Well of course CS will deny it and the presenters will say anything to get sales but a reality check is needed here. Perhaps I'm just an old cynic Janie....:tongue:

QVC bang on about being regulated by the claims they make on air.

ppc - we're probably experienced rather than (as well as?) cynical. they get loads of new viewers all the time and i think qvc is quite exciting when you first find it. new viewers, especially trusting and/or the more elderly, probably rightly believe they will get exactly what is being promoted.

mentioning the elderly reminded me of another point - ok, if an item arrives damaged or dirty, we can return it. that isn't always easy. when i was working full time it was nigh on impossible to get to the post office who only operate office hours. also, not everyone has a car and/or find it hard to get out and may well be ordering from qvc for that very reason. then they're expected to get to the post office?!

Just a thought how do you have a 30 dmg with Hair Dye surely they do not expect you to use half the bottle.
Sorry if this has been discussed before.
Lynn.

One of the things they bang on about is their super fabby warehouse staff (matter of opinion...) but surely part of the operation should not be just to get returns and throw them in a box, but to open ALL of them, inspect them, send the duff ones to outlet or the bin, dependent on condition, and the ones that were perfect should be properly repackaged so that they are in as new condition before they go back on the shelves. They do it with catalogue returns so why can't they do it at La Q?

Latest posts

Back